[REMOVE ADS]

Glastonbury bosses are considering expanding the stage for Diana Ross.

Glasto bosses intend to expand stage for Diana Ross’ legends slot
    Glastonbury bosses intend to expand the stage for Diana Ross' legend slot.

The 77-year-old star is set to take to the Pyramid Stage for the coveted legend slot at the music festival and bosses are reportedly thinking about making the stage bigger for the first time ever due to the expected popularity.

Organiser Emily Eavis told The Sun newspaper: "I can't think of anyone who won't go and see Diana Ross. We've been waiting a long time for this!"

The 'Chain Reaction' hitmaker was first announced to be performing at Glastonbury over two years ago but the festival has been delayed twice due to COVID-19.

Organiser Emily said at the time of her re-booking: "We were so excited to book such a legend for Glastonbury 2020 and are so happy that she’s the first to re-confirm for next year."

The Worthy Farm festival is set to take place in June this year and the former Supremes singer will take to the stage in the Sunday teatime slot.

In a statement, organisers said: "We’re thrilled to confirm that Diana Ross is returning to the UK to give her much-anticipated performance in the legendary Sunday teatime slot on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury 2022, on Sunday June 26th. With an extraordinary career in the spotlight that spans over five decades, the pop-culture icon will bring her timeless music, sparkle and glamour to Worthy Farm."

So far, the only other act confirmed to be appearing at the iconic event is 'bad guy' hitmaker Billie Eilish.

The 20-year-old popstar was named Best International Artist at the BRIT Awards 2022 with Mastercard sent in a video message where she claimed she "can't wait" to take to the stage at Glastonbury later this year.

She said: "Thank you so much. I feel so lucky to be awarded this again, I don't feel deserving. I love you guys. I love my fans in the UK so much and I can't wait to come see you at Glastonbury!"

https://www.contactmusic.com/diana-r...s-slot_6339759

Hopefully this will still go forward. I saw that Lionel Richie cancelled his UK dates scheduled for this summer and he was due to perform at the same weekend Lytham festival that Diana is going to be appearing at. It seems that the world is generally pushing toward opening things up again, so perhaps it will go forward. Fingers crossed for the UK fans who have been patiently waiting for Diana to return to their country, for many years.

Although I will not be attending, I can't wait to see the event on TV. Diana Ross will certainly have trouble selecting a limited number of songs given the enduring popularity of her entire career's worth of music here in the UK. How can you come up with say 5 songs from all of her hits here as a solo artist and with The Supremes.

I'm so pleased that this very special honour is afforded to her.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hopefully this will still go forward. I saw that Lionel Richie cancelled his UK dates scheduled for this summer and he was due to perform at the same weekend Lytham festival that Diana is going to be appearing at. It seems that the world is generally pushing toward opening things up again, so perhaps it will go forward. Fingers crossed for the UK fans who have been patiently waiting for Diana to return to their country, for many years.
    Darn, and i was so hoping to see them perform “Endless Love” together.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    can you come up with say 5 songs from all of her hits here as a solo artist and with The Supremes.
    Well, with about an hour on stage, she'll be able to do many more than five.

Let's hope she features the ones the fans want to hear rather than her own favourites such as I Will Survive.

In fact, she can sing I Will Survive as long as it's the only non-original hit on the songlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Well, with about an hour on stage, she'll be able to do many more than five.

Let's hope she features the ones the fans want to hear rather than her own favourites such as I Will Survive.

In fact, she can sing I Will Survive as long as it's the only non-original hit on the songlist.
    Oh, I didn't know it was about an hour. I had read that it was about 30 minutes. That's much better for a decent selection of songs

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Oh, I didn't know it was about an hour. I had read that it was about 30 minutes. That's much better for a decent selection of songs
    Here's Barry Gibb's setlist from the Legends slot a few years ago as a guide:

Jive Talkin'
    You Should Be Dancing
    Lonely Days
    How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
    To Love Somebody
    Stayin' Alive
    I've Gotta Get A Message To You
    How Deep Is Your Love?
    Spicks and Specks
    Guilty
    Islands in the Stream
    Night Fever/More Than A Woman