[REMOVE ADS]

Rave reviews for Diana book

We've been overwhelmed with the positive response to Diana: Queen of Motown by Ian Phillips, with letters and emails arriving from people who worked with her congratulating us on the timeliness and form of the book, and reviews such as these from buyers:

brill book, 16 Feb 2011
    By
    annie - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Diana Ross; Queen of Motown [[Hardcover)
    After having been a Diana Ross fan all my life I just had to check this book out. And after reading it TWICE all I can say is WOW! At long, long last we have a book that contains no bitching, just a nostalgic, celebratory overview of Diana’s long 50+ year career, reviewing each and every album the soul supreme has recorded, including those with The Supremes. What I especially admired about the author’s appraisal of her work with The Supremes was his unbiased account of Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson’s input into the group of and on this note he is very fair and full of praise for Flo, Mary and Cindy Birdsong.

I found his reviews overall very entertaining and insightful, providing an invaluable source of reference for the serious Ross fan. His reviews on Diana’s movies are also particularly interesting and fun to read. Personally speaking, Lady Sings The Blues is my favourite Ross movie. Ian Phillips’ book is also beautifully packaged with some stunning visuals. This is an absolute MUST-HAVE for Diana’s fans and very shortly I shall be sitting down to read it for the THIRD time.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC TRIBUTE TO LA ROSS, 31 Jan 2011
    By
    Lee-john Wain - See all my reviews
    Diana Queen Of Motown by Ian Phillips is a refreshing change.

Seemingly every book L’ve previously read on Diana Ross always seems to focus on her so-called demanding behaviour, the alleged ruthless streak, how she reportedly forced Florence Ballard out of The Supremes and how she was supposed to have slept her way to the top. In other words HEARSAY! So I hesitantly, and rather reluctantly, purcahsed this book expecting the same old same old but as a longtime Diana/Supremes/Motown fan I just had to have it for my collection.

I am pleased to inform you that all of my preconceptions were totally misfounded. Rather than the usual trashy, gossipy tripe thats been churned out by authors, Ian Phillips is solely about Dianas music, films, career achievements and her revolutionary cultural impact on both black and white America. Wherever the eyes of other Ross authors have been, the heart of this author - Ian Phillips - is clearly in the right place. And he does a marvelous job - ive never read such a comprehensive, diligent piece of work about her career. Its a fun read too, written in an informative but very engaging style. I give this book a well deserved 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF MOTOWN, 31 Jan 2011
    By
    Ms. Paula Byrne "PAU" [[WIGAN) - See all my reviews
    [[REAL NAME)
    I totally loved this Diana Ross book, being the first of its kind [[i.e none of the incessant bitching and backstabbing that countless other authors resort to). Chronicling Dianas days from The Primettes in the late 50s to becoming the lead singer of The Supremes at the dawn of the 60s right through to today, this makes a thoroughly delightfuil, enjoyable read. I never knew Diana had so many albums and they are all reviewed by Ian Phillips in concise details. Ian Phillips is clearly a big Diana Ross fan himself and his passion really shines through making this in my eyes the definitive Diana Ross book.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a wonderful tribute to diana ross, 28 Nov 2010
    By
    diana - See all my reviews
    There has been so many nasty books about her it was refreshing to read something nice about her.Thoroughly entertaining and a very inpressive look at all Diana’s albums and films etc. this book engaged me so much I read it in two days. I couldn’t put it down. There’s also some lovely tributes to Diana by the likes of the Supremes, the Miracles etc. Certainly goes to show there are several of her peers that have good things to say. Love those magnificent pictures too - that front cover is stunning.Never personally heard of the author Ian Phillips before but will certainly look out for any more books he’s done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A SUPREME READ, 27 Nov 2010
    By
    M. W. Watkins "MARKWWALBIR" [[UK/SPAIN) - See all my reviews
    [[REAL NAME)
    What a GREAT READ ..........What a GREAT Gift..............
    This book is focused on DIANA ROSS’s music from the beginning in 1959 to the present day!!!!
    And this book includes Diana’s acting career.....
    There are album reviews of all Diana’s and the Supremes’ albums.......
    Plus reviews of all Diana’s Films....
    This book also contains exclusive colour photographs.
    A Fascinating honest book, which includes various quotes from artists and song writers, and even DIANA HER SELF....
    Ross fans will LOVE IT ......MUSIC fans will love it .....In fact everyone will love it .....

Both the collector's colour hardback edition and the softback are now available through outlets online and around the globe, but the best way to buy is direct from our website where shipping is free for the UK and the collector's hardback can be had in the US for under $50 including shipping.

smark21 Guest
    Are these user reviews from Amazon? If so, it's no accident there would be some rave reviews as these seem to be written by Diana Ross fans who are very happy to read a book that celebrates Diana Ross. Has the book been reviewed by any professional music critics/historians or a professional book reviewer who can provide an assessment of the literary value of the book?

i've got farsands of books and 90% havent been reviewed by anyone.i dont think i've got one book i'd get rid of because i made a mistake.
    i'm not a d.ross fan really and wouldnt buy the book,regardless of good/bad reviews

According to Facebook, Ian Phillips is releasing a book "Diana Ross: the Queen of Motown" on May 1st [[Newhaven Publishing).

Wasn't this already published [[isn't that what the above thread is)? Did it do so well, it need s a 2nd edition/rerelease?

Did anyone here buy the book? Thoughts/review?

Another book on Diana Ross? really?as The Supremes Mary Cindy Scherrie song goes,It's All Been Said Before smh

This is a re-do of the book from 2010 or 2011.

There's a lot about it on Facebook.

Sorry Redhot, but as Mary once said "they don't want to read about me".

I can't imagine this is going to the hot item Call Her Miss Ross once was but great to see it out.