[REMOVE ADS]

Janet Jackson claims Michael called her a ‘pig, cow and horse’ in new doc

should be interesting.Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    should be interesting.Thanks for the link.
    Is this the same doc as the one about the Super Bowl, or a second one?

I have no idea, I never saw another one.

This is a second doc, a two-night A&E/Lifetime joint event celebrating the 40th anniversary of Janet's first solo LP's release. It airs Friday and Saturday.

M.j. Is dead,let him rest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Why be so protective and afraid of the truth?

I seem to remember her talking about this in a past interview. I think it was on Larry King?

Looking forward to the doc.

Janet's story

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Truth Has No Fear... and the truth will stand up to scrutiny. It's her truth and her story to tell. There are many, myself included who would like to hear what she has to say about her childhood. The Jackson's, like many young entertainers, had a dysfunctional family. Michael has admitted as much. Janet is telling her side on her terms.

What big brother HASN'T called his little sister those names or worse?! Come on, Damita Jo! That's the best you can up with?! Didn't she and her siblings, supposedly, make fun of his [big nose]]?

What purpose would it serve,is janet so hard up for publicity that she has to trash her dead brother?? That's some sad sh-t!!

Before some of you go into a rage . Watch the documentary first. Also I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything the Ny post publishes

I liked the documentary. It kept my interest and moved along swiftly. But there weren't any earth-shattering revelations. I was a bit surprised that coverage of the Super Bowl incident was relatively brief. But all in all, it was a nice doc.

I watched it yesterday since we were in blizzard mode and couldn’t go anywhere [[ live in Boston). I liked it. Very personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I liked the documentary. It kept my interest and moved along swiftly. But there weren't any earth-shattering revelations. I was a bit surprised that coverage of the Super Bowl incident was relatively brief. But all in all, it was a nice doc.

The way I understood her telling this story was that yes, Michael, did call her names when they were small children as small children often do with their siblings. She implied she, in hindsight, believes it was all in 'fun'; however, she began to internalize those remarks into her deeper psyche.

I thought it was pretty good & did watch it the 2nd night, too since it was VERY COLD down here in Fla.

I also liked the documentary; however I felt there was too much reference to the Super Bowl incident. Regarding the so-called baby with James DeBarge, I did not hear her do a concrete denial although Reebie was more forth coming with clues that she did not have a baby. Also, unless I blinked my eye, there was no mention of her marriage to the guy who ran the companies in the Middle East ...didn't she live in Qatar with him? I don't usually sit and watch such documentaries with commercials straight through; however, I found this so intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    What big brother HASN'T called his little sister those names or worse?! Come on, Damita Jo! That's the best you can up with?! Didn't she and her siblings, supposedly, make fun of his [big nose]]?
    That is so true, nativeNY63!

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I also liked the documentary; however I felt there was too much reference to the Super Bowl incident. Regarding the so-called baby with James DeBarge, I did not hear her do a concrete denial although Reebie was more forth coming with clues that she did not have a baby. Also, unless I blinked my eye, there was no mention of her marriage to the guy who ran the companies in the Middle East ...didn't she live in Qatar with him? I don't usually sit and watch such documentaries with commercials straight through; however, I found this so intriguing.
    I wanted to hear about the Lena Horne ABC movie that collapsed after the Super Bowl incident. Supposedly Lena objected and asked Janet to withdraw, although I suspect it might have been Lena's family. Janet even did a photo shoot or two in preparation for the project.

Re the alleged baby, I thought she definitely said she would never have a child and keep it away from its father.

And yes, I don't think there was any mention of her last husband. I was getting a bit tired near the end and I might have nodded off at bit. But I don't recall her mentioning him.
    Last edited by reese; 01-30-2022 at 05:49 PM.

The way I understood her telling this story was that yes, Michael, did call her names when they were small children as small children often do with their siblings. She implied she, in hindsight, believes it was all in 'fun'; however, she began to internalize those remarks into her deeper psyche.
    That's the way I understood it as well.

I remember back in the early 70s, there was an article on the J5 that listed all of their nicknames for each other. I think one of Michael's was "Big Nose." I'm sure they meant no harm but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that MJ might have internalized that one.

Also, unless I blinked my eye, there was no mention of her marriage to the guy who ran the companies in the Middle East ...didn't she live in Qatar with him? I don't usually sit and watch such documentaries with commercials straight through; however, I found this so intriguing.
    His absence was glaring. I chalk it up to potential child custody issues.

Count me among the ones who Enjoyed the Janet Jackson Documentary on A&E/Lifetime over the weekend.

Re the alleged baby, I thought she definitely said she would never have a child and keep it away from its father.

him.
    Yes, she actually said that about the ‘baby in question’; however, to me, it was not a “No, I didn’t have baby.”

Please there is no baby
    Yes, she actually said that about the ‘baby in question’; however, to me, it was not a “No, I didn’t have baby.”

I remember her saying in the documentary that this was a rumour. Sounded like a clear answer to me.

Enjoyed the documentary!

It’s funny going on YouTube and Facebook and reading the comments. Some were expecting for her to dish every aspect of her life down to her choice of toilet paper. I kept seeing how come she didn’t talk about Bobby or how come she didn’t mention Tupac and the never ending bugging about the “baby “. On that topic do you really think someone that famous could have a baby and kept it hid for 35 years? She let us know what she wanted us to know and that’s all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    It’s funny going on YouTube and Facebook and reading the comments. Some were expecting for her to dish every aspect of her life down to her choice of toilet paper. I kept seeing how come she didn’t talk about Bobby or how come she didn’t mention Tupac and the never ending bugging about the “baby “. On that topic do you really think someone that famous could have a baby and kept it hid for 35 years? She let us know what she wanted us to know and that’s all we need.
    People live vicariously when they don’t have a lot in their lives.

Joe was a disciplinarian from another era and his behaviour caused problems for some of his offspring. Michael was super successful and couldn’t handle it and had sexual identity issues and substance abuse issues. But to parse every word and issue and exaggerate and read things into everything is a waste of time. It reminds me how Louvain Demps put to rest an exaggeration about the Andantes and Mary Wilson in the booklet for the new Mary Wilson CD.

Let’s keep this about Janet. This isn’t about Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    People live vicariously when they don’t have a lot in their lives.

Joe was a disciplinarian from another era and his behaviour caused problems for some of his offspring. Michael was super successful and couldn’t handle it and had sexual identity issues and substance abuse issues. But to parse every word and issue and exaggerate and read things into everything is a waste of time. It reminds me how Louvain Demps put to rest an exaggeration about the Andantes and Mary Wilson in the booklet for the new Mary Wilson CD.

She never rags on Randy.

Gonna give it my eyeballs tomorrow.

Not surprising. He dropped off The Jackson's radar and started his own group, Randy and the something or others; pop/soul/rock. Then after very mild success, he started hating on his brother's, I've read in several accounts. That being said, she probably thinks his a bit loopy! Not to mention, he had that motorcycle accident too. So.....

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Count me among the ones who Enjoyed the Janet Jackson Documentary on A&E/Lifetime over the weekend.
    I enjoyed it, too, Eddie -- both nights.