[REMOVE ADS]

Nice interview with dionne warwick on the late show last night

Dionne has a nice interview with Stephen last night on the Late Show. He showed her this cover of a European release of one of her albums, and she said that when she was in France and went on stage that they were surprised to see that she was black. When she walked out on the stage in Paris, and there was a collective gasp, she said, "Yeah! I ain't no white woman. I'm black" And until she opened her mouth, they did not believe who she was until she started singing and then everybody sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed. Very nice interview. And David and Dionne are friends. He interviewed her recently at the Montclair Film Festival after showing her new documentary, and then went for dinner with her after the interview.

Name:  R-7146207-1434784067-1454.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  34.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    That's not an album cover....
    You are right. It is an EP cover, which is a 45 with two songs on each side. Nevertheless, it takes nothing away from the story that Dionne was telling in the interview, nor from the fact that the record company felt compelled to put a white lady on the cover instead of the actual singer.
    Name:  DWB.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  51.0 KBName:  DW1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  40.9 KBName:  DW2.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  40.0 KB

Of course, back then some record companies in the states were doing similar things with their album covers. Perhaps not to the extent of replacing black artists with white people, but not featuring the black artists on the cover at all. Thankfully, that didn't last too long

Name:  MARV.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  2.1 KB

That girl on the EP looks like Ann Margret

Thanks so much Milven for sharing this interview with Dionne Warwick on The Late Show.

I watched the interview earlier this week...it was a good one and she was in fun spirits. She also did this web-only segment, "Precise Advice"

In case anyone missed this, the above interview in Milven's post, continued after the commercial break. She discusses Sidney Poitier and Taylor Swift...

wonderful to see her doing so well and in feisty spirit!

A residency in Vegas sounds perfect!

Another great one is one she did last year, regarding after the airing of her documentary in 2021. Its name escapes me.

I'm soooooo happy for Auntie Dionne's second act. It all jumped off from her conquering Twitter.