Description
* Final album from founding member of the Pointer Sisters
* Contains 3 previously unissued tracks
* New artwork contains liner notes featuring interviews with original contributors

After five releases with her sisters on ABC/Blue Thumb Records [[including a Grammy® win in 1975 for the Bonnie and Anita Pointer penned "Fairytale"), Bonnie Pointer left the group she co-founded, and began a solo career. She signed with Motown Records in 1978, and her eponymous debut featured the hit "Heaven Must Have Sent You," which reached #11 on the Billboard Hot 100. The next year brought another self-titled released, and a third album five years later. She appeared on Soul Train in 1985, but it would be decades before Bonnie would release more music. After being approached by songwriters/producers Lloyd Pober and Robin Taylor to record a demo for a new Poe composition "Answered Prayer," Bonnie agreed and brought in sister Anita to sing background vocals with her. The 2008 session resulted an entire album's worth of material using their extensive catalog of material. Originally issued in 2011, Pober and Taylor released Like A Picasso on the Platinum Trini Entertainment label, though a lack of funding and promotion limited its chances in the marketplace. Flash forward another decade, and Like A Picasso sees a proper return. Thirteen tracks from the original release are augmented by three previously unissued tracks. The artwork has been updated, the music remastered, and the packaging contains new liner notes from Scott Schinder, featuring conversations with Pober and Taylor, telling the story of how the material came about, and why it deserves another shot. Sadly, Bonnie passed away in 2020, so she isn't around to experience the return of a release from a genuine R&B icon. That icon is Bonnie Pointer. That release is Like A Picasso.

Tracklist
1. Like A Picasso
2. Hide
3. Genius Of My Heart
4. Answered Prayer
5. Strangest Day
6. You Will [[Steel Guitar Version)
7. You Ain't Worth It
8. Long Ago
9. Hey Harley
10. Desire
11. I Don't Expect A Rose