[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm kind of surprised at the lack of discussion in this thread, considering the number of fellow members who participated in lengthy discussions concerning the delays of this release and the best place to purchase this release from. I shared my thoughts in a number of posts that I had made earlier on, in this thread, but I know we have other Mary fans on this forum. Where y'all at? Hope you're enjoying the anthology?
    The discussion has been spread across other threads as well. There are several of us who were obviously live posting as we were listening to it. I caught the different verse of Automatically Sunshine whilst typing. This thread was just for people who already had the set and didn't want to spoil it for others. As it has been released now for a while, people are posting reactions all over the place, so not to worry, it is loved!

I must say how much I enjoyed the Gus Dudgeon tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I really enjoyed reading your lengthy review of the album Carlo. My in-depth review somehow got lost when i tried to post it, so ended up writing a much shorter one.
    Im still very much enjoying it.
    I was a little disappointed with folks brief opinions on Diana’s new album. It had been a fifteen year wait after all. Perhaps if a bead had been missing off her frock on the cover it might have inspired more lengthy discussion. I’m really not sure.
    Thanks Ollie! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the anthology. I understand the frustration about having lost the post containing the review that you had written. I've been in that unfortunate position many times.

I am still enjoying Mary's Anthology, alongside Diana's Thank You album. Perhaps I will look into resurrecting one of the threads that discussed Thank You, in the coming days. Lol, you are right about the potential for lengthy discussions to be sparked by a missing bead. I suppose that did happen, with the discussion regarding the old photo used for the cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    The discussion has been spread across other threads as well. There are several of us who were obviously live posting as we were listening to it. I caught the different verse of Automatically Sunshine whilst typing. This thread was just for people who already had the set and didn't want to spoil it for others. As it has been released now for a while, people are posting reactions all over the place, so not to worry, it is loved!
    Hey thanxal, glad to hear you're still enjoying it too. I saw a few of the individual threads with the YouTube links to songs from the anthology, but didn't see a whole lot else going on. Maybe I missed all of that, since I was busy genuflecting to Saint Diana Ross, as per our daily cult rituals. I hope you have not forgotten to complete your daily rituals, since after all, you are the leader of our group! In fact, we probably shouldn't even be talking about Mary's Anthology. Shhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I must say how much I enjoyed the Gus Dudgeon tracks.
    It really is nice to be listening to those tracks in such clarity, after all of this time!

I haven't posted too much about it. I listen to it and it is striking to hear such beautiful and clear tracks with Mary singing so beautifully. I am sure we all have our favorites. I wasn't too sure about Witchi Tai To, but honestly I don't think anyone but Mary in the Motown stable would be able to do it any justice. It seems the CD did well for awhile but after its initial Real Gone release and the "formal" release near her birthday, something must have happened. I know Andy, George and company did a superior job on it and the work they did should leave them justifiably proud. I was going to get a spare second copy but once Amazon cancelled it and then offered it, I became hesitant. I guess one copy will suffice.

Hey thanxal, glad to hear you're still enjoying it too. I saw a few of the individual threads with the YouTube links to songs from the anthology, but didn't see a whole lot else going on. Maybe I missed all of that, since I was busy genuflecting to Saint Diana Ross, as per our daily cult rituals. I hope you have not forgotten to complete your daily rituals, since after all, you are the leader of our group! In fact, we probably shouldn't even be talking about Mary's Anthology. Shhhh...
    OMG!!! Am I now kicked out for mentioning She Who Shall Not Be Mentioned???? Oh noes!!! I promise to say 10 Hail Dianas and remain silent in humble prayers of penance. May she never read this thread lest she doubt my devotion.

OMG!!! Am I now kicked out for mentioning She Who Shall Not Be Mentioned???? Oh noes!!! I promise to say 10 Hail Dianas and remain silent in humble prayers of penance. May she never read this thread lest she doubt my devotion.
    Your sin has been pardoned by our brethren, due to your genuine repentance and penance. Do not allow yourself to be entrapped by such frivolities again, lest you lose your ranking in the Ross-hood. It would mean having to sacrifice all of your Diana Ross CD's to the great 'force behind the power' in a firey pit, and you would spend eternity solely listening to this insufferable compact disc...

Learn from this.
    Last edited by carlo; 03-31-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Your sin has been pardoned by our brethren, due to your genuine repentance and penance. Do not allow yourself to be entrapped by such frivolities again, lest you lose your ranking in the Ross-hood. It would mean having to sacrifice all of your Diana Ross CD's to the great 'force behind the power' in a firey pit, and you would spend eternity solely listening to this insufferable compact disc...

Learn from this.
    Carlo, you are a sick person I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Learn from this.
    Thank you Brother-In-Ross Carlo. Should I ever stray again, please subject me to endless threads detailing on which tracks the Andantes appeared. I will n'er stray again!

Thank you Brother-In-Ross Carlo. Should I ever stray again, please subject me to endless threads detailing on which tracks the Andantes appeared. I will n'er stray again!

Ms Ross is pleased by your devotion.

For those who wanted a second copy or for those who haven't yet purchased it, udiscovermusic.com is having a 25% off sale on everything onsite [with free shipping in the U.S.] The Mary Wilson Anthology is listed there at $19.98.
    And VIP members receive an additional 5% discount.

I'm just now hearing this stuff. My jaw hit the ground hearing this version of Touch. Fantastic song, fantastic vocals--Jean sounds better on this as well. This just knocks me out

Automatically Sunshine is superior too!! This is great stuff. I like the looser arrangement---it's sprawling and way more interesting that the one previously released! I know Mary would be thrilled

Andy, George and Company did a great job remixing and finding some beautiful alternative mixes. Mary was certainly underused in the Supremes at Motown. I don't think the estate will be releasing anything else save the "Pride" mix they are streaming. I read on Facebook that Sweet Feet has something that may eventually be released. Other than that, I don't think we will see anything more than this beautiful anthology. There are so many wonderful things on them. Mary was really starting to come into her own by the mid 70's but prior to that there are some beautiful vocals.