[REMOVE ADS]

Janet jackson documentary on lifetime and a&e tv jan 28 and jan 29

This Janet four hour documentary will be on Friday Jan 28 and Sat Jan 29 on the LIFETIME Channel and also on the A&E Channel

The four-hour event, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Janet’s first album, Janet Jackson [[1982), is set to simulcast on Lifetime and A&E, two of the flagship channels of the A+E Networks portfolio. With full, unprecedented access to the global icon, JANET JACKSON. is an intimate, honest and unfiltered look at her untold story. Producers Workerbee have been filming the incredible documentary for over three years and were granted exclusive access to archival footage and Janet’s never before seen home videos, along with star-studded interviews.

This will be the definitive story on Janet Jackson. One of the best-selling and highest-earning artists in music history, Janet has enjoyed immense levels of success, experienced incredible tragedy, and endured a tumultuous private life in the face of extraordinary public scrutiny. With no stone left unturned, JANET JACKSON lifts the lid on her private life for the very first time and reveals some of her most intimate moments ever caught on camera.

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/janet

Really looking forward to seeing the Janet Jackson Documentary. Thanks Milven for the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing the Janet Jackson Documentary. Thanks Milven for the news.
    You're welcome. I'm looking forward to it too. Set my DVR to record it

Looking forward to it. My neighbor is actually having a watch party but th way that Covid is spreading I think I'll watch it from my own home.

Also looking forward to watching this. I am hopeful but not getting my hopes up too much, in regards to this documentary giving us some earth shattering revelations and long hidden secrets. If anything, it will be good to hear her talk on controversial subjects from her personal life and career. Opening up on these things will allow her to take back her power, by being able to tell it in her own words, instead of through sensationalized headlines published by the media. She's doing this at the right time, in my opinion, as she is now a respected legend.

IMHO, all I wanna know is: What made Levi Stubbs so fiercely loyal to The Tops? I venture to say he's got to be the only lead singer, of his caliber, to do so in a Soul and/or R & B group. Thoughts.

Wrong thread. I moved it. So sorry.

Really, Damito Jo? Didn't they all tease MJ for his [[big nose]], according to The Jacksons: An American Dream flick; supposedly produced by Jermaine? Also, most siblings say worst to each other!! My brother and cousins sure did.

She also said she never had a [[secret child]] with James DeBarge, back in the day. That she had just gained a lot of weight and so everyone believed the rumor. - on The Kelly Clarkson Show. On that same show, Janet gave her props for covering two of her songs, in the past, on Kellyoke segment.

Just watched part 1, and enjoyed it

Quick question: Anyone find it odd that when Randy was telling stories to janet about days in Gary he kept saying, "your father" instead of "our father", "Dad" or "Joseph" [[which I know the kids called him)?

I also refuse to believe that Janet didn't know the story of Tito and the broken guitar string

And speaking of Joseph, all I'd ever heard over the years was how hard he was, how strict he was, maybe even how much of a tyrant he was [[I understand Michael was terrified of him his whole life)

Was this was more: Joe Jackson had a vison, he did the right thing, look what came out of it, etc.

Revisionist history, or, as my girlfriend says, simply seeing the 'strictness' from an adult perspective and not a child's?

Weird they mentioned Fame and not Diff'rent Strokes

I somehow missed the secret baby rumors. this was my first time hearing about them. Weight gain might people think you're 4 months pregnant but Janet didn't gain nearly enough to look like she was 9 months pregnant

An aside, I remember reading an article years ago, saying that while everyone loves the Rhythm Nation album it really should be talked about and revered the same way What's Going On is and for whatever reason it isn't

Looking forward to Part 2 later this week
    Last edited by Optimal Saint; 01-31-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    Just watched part 1, and enjoyed it....Looking forward to Part 2 later this week
    Uh oh. I think you may have missed it. This Janet four hour documentary was on Friday Jan 28 [part 1 and 2] and Sat Jan 29 [part 3 and 4] on the LIFETIME Channel and also on the A&E Channel. I don't see them being repeated anywhere in the near future, but they are available ON DEMAND

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Uh oh. I think you may have missed it. This Janet four hour documentary was on Friday Jan 28 [part 1 and 2] and Sat Jan 29 [part 3 and 4] on the LIFETIME Channel and also on the A&E Channel. I don't see them being repeated anywhere in the near future, but they are available ON DEMAND
    Correction: Part one and two will be repeated on Lifetime On Feb 4 at 8 p,m and Part three and four will follow at 10 pm So the whole four hour series will be on Feb 4th from eight to midnight

meant Night 1

i did see part 1 & 2

Just watched part 1, and enjoyed it

Quick question: Anyone find it odd that when Randy was telling stories to janet about days in Gary he kept saying, "your father" instead of "our father", "Dad" or "Joseph" [[which I know the kids called him)?

I also refuse to believe that Janet didn't know the story of Tito and the broken guitar string

And speaking of Joseph, all I'd ever heard over the years was how hard he was, how strict he was, maybe even how much of a tyrant he was [[I understand Michael was terrified of him his whole life)

Was this was more: Joe Jackson had a vison, he did the right thing, look what came out of it, etc.

Revisionist history, or, as my girlfriend says, simply seeing the 'strictness' from an adult perspective and not a child's?

Weird they mentioned Fame and not Diff'rent Strokes

I somehow missed the secret baby rumors. this was my first time hearing about them. Weight gain might people think you're 4 months pregnant but Janet didn't gain nearly enough to look like she was 9 months pregnant

An aside, I remember reading an article years ago, saying that while everyone loves the Rhythm Nation album it really should be talked about and revered the same way What's Going On is and for whatever reason it isn't

Looking forward to Part 2 later this week
    Was her stint as Penny, on Good Times, left out too?

So an old interview on YT where she said she hated her time on Fame. That Joe made her do it, he was apparently still managing her career. Hence, Control was her true independence from her father and launching pad to superstardom.

They actually talk quite a bit about Good Times.

All four episodes will be repeated on 2/3. My cable guide lists them as "enhanced editions," so I'm assuming some new content has probably been added.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    All four episodes will be repeated on 2/3. My cable guide lists them as "enhanced editions," so I'm assuming some new content has probably been added.
    It doesn't show in my guide as being repeated today, 2/3. My guide shows But all four episodes being repeated tomorrow, 2/4 on Lifetime.

It doesn't show in my guide as being repeated today, 2/3. My guide shows But all four episodes being repeated tomorrow, 2/4 on Lifetime.
    My mistake. I meant Friday, 2/4.

I think that's right. Obviously, she wanted to rehabilitate the legacies of MJ and Joseph. I see more validity in her instincts toward Joe. Many of us try to understand and contextualize the shortcomings of our parents after we lose them.

I think this was her way of saying here was a Black man from the Jim Crow South who had to provide for and protect a very large family in the Jim Crow Midwest. His vision and persistence made them stars and raised them out of poverty. Perhaps he was harsh and brutal because he knew no other way, he was a product of harsh and brutal times. She loves her father and she's [[justifiably) hurt that people think he was a monster.

Michael never matured beyond 12 years old so he was never able to process his relationship with his father or his trauma in the manner of an adult. I think the whole family recognized Michael's limitations.