[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology; A Celebration

It appears that confirmations of shipping have started to trickle out to those that ordered from Real Gone! Hurray!

I thought I'd start a new thread to celebrate this wish come true of a release. The wait is over!

I just have one comment, before the floodgates open: if you ordered from Real Gone, you're going to be REAL GLAD.

Can't wait for everyone who has bought the CD to be able to discuss the booklet, the liner notes, and the tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Can't wait for everyone who has bought the CD to be able to discuss the booklet, the liner notes, and the tracks!
    I received an email fr real gone mine is on t way.

I can't wait to hear "Witchi Tai To" - perhaps the most unorthodox song the group ever recorded - based on a Peyote song/chant.

As excited as I am, I am going to have to avoid these discussions for a bit, until my copies arrive. I am already seeing photos of the inner packaging/artwork and I don't want to spoil the experience for myself, of opening it up for the first time. I do like the title of this thread, "a celebration". Positive energy only.

I am quite excited that I received an email that it will be sent out. I bought one from Real Gone and one from Amazon, just in case. I am sure once we have our copies we can discuss it. Since it is coming from the West Coast through USPS, it may take some time before I receive mine. Carlo & MaryBrewster, during our days on Vinz Motown Forum, would we ever thought we would see this day? I am excited, I only wish Mary Wilson was still with us because I know she would be beyond excited. This is a very happy moment for all of us.

havent got an email from anyone but gonna check on it,darn its been so long

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I am quite excited that I received an email that it will be sent out. I bought one from Real Gone and one from Amazon, just in case. I am sure once we have our copies we can discuss it. Since it is coming from the West Coast through USPS, it may take some time before I receive mine. Carlo & MaryBrewster, during our days on Vinz Motown Forum, would we ever thought we would see this day? I am excited, I only wish Mary Wilson was still with us because I know she would be beyond excited. This is a very happy moment for all of us.
    Hi jim! We've been "friends" for so long; over 20 years!?! This is very much an exciting event; I'm sure Vinz's would have been buzzing with the news! While we don't have Mary, we certainly have each other to celebrate with. I'm so looking forward to this, and am glad to hear you made a purchase from Real Gone! Can't wait to discuss with you!

I really wish we had John Perrone [[Mosogotam) around to listen to him discuss with Andy and George and we could all geek out on the forum like the old days.

Does anyone know of anyone doing a podcast or similar discussing this release? I don't do Facebook so don't hear about them.

Well Ive just ordered my copy from Amazon and roll on Feb 18. Mary Wilson is smiling on all of us from afar. Shes loving that this is getting released and so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I really wish we had John Perrone [[Mosogotam) around to listen to him discuss with Andy and George and we could all geek out on the forum like the old days.

Does anyone know of anyone doing a podcast or similar discussing this release? I don't do Facebook so don't hear about them.
    I certainly miss JP and know that he'd have Andy and George and Joe and whomever lined up for a fantastic presentation of this long awaited release.

Received notice that my copy was sent out, from California, on Monday night...

Dare I be so bold as to request one for Florence?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I certainly miss JP and know that he'd have Andy and George and Joe and whomever lined up for a fantastic presentation of this long awaited release.
    One of the fellows who was involved with the production said that they were planning something to celebrate the release. Hope they’ve still got something in the works.

Yes, Midnight Johnny would be over the moon about this. It also pains me that Marv Davis, and of course Mary, are not with us. I would imagine that Marv would be posting multiple thread and messages soon as he had his copy and making sure we all knew as much about the release as possible. I know he was a controversial figure, but he added a lot to this forum and I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I would imagine that Marv would be posting multiple thread and messages soon as he had his copy and making sure we all knew as much about the release as possible. I know he was a controversial figure, but he added a lot to this forum and I miss him.
    I miss him, too. And I still can't believe Mary is gone.

It was delivered about 15 minutes ago and I am EXCITED to get home in 5.5 hours so I can check it all out! I’m sure it’s going to be well worth the wait! C’mon quitting time!

My order from Real Gone is out for delivery

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Carlo & MaryBrewster, during our days on Vinz Motown Forum, would we ever thought we would see this day? I am excited, I only wish Mary Wilson was still with us because I know she would be beyond excited. This is a very happy moment for all of us.
    Very true, Jim. I remember back in 2005-ish, I had started a petition to have Mary Wilson's Motown album released onto CD and I had promoted that petition in all of the groups. It's wonderful to have this material finally getting a proper physical release with so many other classic and unreleased songs, led by our Mary. I also wish she was still with us for this. She would be so very excited and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    It was delivered about 15 minutes ago and I am EXCITED to get home in 5.5 hours so I can check it all out! I’m sure it’s going to be well worth the wait! C’mon quitting time!
    Dan, I had a feeling you'd be the first one to receive it, you lucky guy! Enjoy! I'm waiting for Real Gone to ship my copies out. [[Deep breaths)!

I just finished listening to disc 1 and all I can say is that this is super, super SUPREME and so so worth the wait! Everything about this project is showered with the love of its producers, from the sound quality, to the photos, to the written word. And there are some BIG surprises which I won’t disclose. Everyone will love this. Thank you Andy, George, Harry and Joe and everyone else who made this possible. Now on to disc 2!

So exciting to read this first report. Thanks mowest Thank you for not spoiling the surprises!

My copies just shipped out a couple of hours ago. Now I'll be refreshing the tracking page regularly, for the next little while. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    And there are some BIG surprises which I won’t disclose
    Thank you for not disclosing them. This might be the last time in a long time we get the joy of a surprise at release. Mine doesn’t arrive until Monday so I may skip these threads just to avoid any spoilers. I recall the sheer delight of hearing the LILAIIMH remixes for the first time.

have no idea when mine will arrive
    have not received any emails in regards either way.
    maybe monday will be a suprise

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    have no idea when mine will arrive
    have not received any emails in regards either way.
    maybe monday will be a suprise
    Did you order from Real Gone? Check your spam folder, that's where I found my update.

Mowest, I’m so glad you have it, and like it. We can’t wait for everyone to get it. I got my notification and mine doesn’t come until Thursday [[one week from today)! Enjoy everyone!

Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday. daviddh, I believe you can also track it from your confirmation email.

exciting ! ...can you feel it !!

Still March 4th for us Brit’s. The royals being not amused.
    This really is the most exciting cd release for quite sometime.

Yeah! Mine got bumped UP to delivery today. It will be a very good weekend with Ms. Wilson.

....can you feel it!!

I am about halfway through side 1. I am so impressed with how clear and how good everything sounds. Mary's voice is sublime and she sounds even better with this clearly cleaned up and remastered work. So far, beautiful. Thanks to Andy, George, et al

The care, love and pride shown in this magnificent anthology is breathtaking. I’m certain anyone with the slightest interest in Mary or evenThe Supremes will be thrilled. WAY above and beyond what I expected. My hat is off you you guys!

Great job to everyone involved. It was well worth the wait. To those still waiting for whatever reason--just keep holding on. You will get it and I suspect you will be very pleased by the total package. This is a lovely valentine to Mary Wilson.