[REMOVE ADS]

New Trudy Lynn CD coming in March!!!!

I just saw on Amazon that Trudy has a brand new label and a new CD coming out on March 18th, entitled Golden Girl. The title is supposed to be a reference to her 75th birthday which she will hit this year.

I am ecstatic about this because her last CD was released in 2018 on Connor Ray Music, her fourth for that label over about a five year period, but that label has not updated its website in quite some time, so I assumed it had folded.

Then given the pandemic, the overall decline of CDs, and of course Trudy's age, I was sure we had seen the last of her. So this news restores my faith in her and maybe in the CD era in general, since let's face it, new CD releases are getting more and more scarce.

Can this news get any better???????????? Within five minutes after posting the above message, I discovered that at long last Mississippi Heat's new CD will be coming out as well. The release date for that is April 1, shortly after Trudy.

These two releases are significant to me [[and probably no one else!) because I saw both in the same blues festival back in the summer of 2018 in Wilmington, Delaware. It was hot as Hades that day but both handled it beautifully, I got to meet everyone after the show, and it was just incredible! As I said above, I had just about given up on Trudy but I felt as if MH still had more left in them and sure enough they do. The new CD is entitled Madeleine and I believe that is a tribute to a grandmother by that name.

I can't wait!!!!!