[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Belated Birthday to Dame Shirley Bassey

Shame on me for forgetting to acknowledge that this phenomenal talent turned 85 back on January 8th, and even at that age, can still sing most of today's so-called "stars" under the table. I guess there for awhile, we were all so caught up in the rash of folks who have been dying left and right and forgot the treasures that we still have left.

So I hope she is still happy and healthy and enjoying her retirement. Supposedly the last CD, which was terrific I might add, was her last but my goodness what a fantastic library is out there.......as she once said herself "Thank You For the Years."

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Shame on me for forgetting to acknowledge that this phenomenal talent turned 85 back on January 8th, and even at that age, can still sing most of today's so-called "stars" under the table. I guess there for awhile, we were all so caught up in the rash of folks who have been dying left and right and forgot the treasures that we still have left.

So I hope she is still happy and healthy and enjoying her retirement. Supposedly the last CD, which was terrific I might add, was her last but my goodness what a fantastic library is out there.......as she once said herself "Thank You For the Years."
    I actually thought DSB's birthday was mentioned here; must have seen it somewhere else. I, too, wish her the best. I'm unaware of her personal life so hope she is surrounded by family and friends. Bassey's library of great music is indeed wonderful to re-explore.

Yes! Happy 85th Birthday to Dame Shirley Bassey! I missed her birthday as well. I hope she is healthy and happy and living her best life.