[REMOVE ADS]

'Ranking the Top 10 best girl groups: The Spice Girls to the Ronettes' - NY Post

Hilarious, Spice Girls, Pussycat Dolls, En Vogue, Destiny Child, LOL too funny.

Agreed! To leave out the Vandellas, Chiffons, and maybe even the Shangri-las from such a survey is absurd. Wonder what might have happened if this had been a top 20 or 25. I guess it is just a case of people only remembering what they actually experienced as opposed to showing any respect for the good old days.

I don't know why Martha and the Vandellas did not make the list, nor the Marvelettes. They had stronger track records than some of these other groups.

and all of our girl groups could actually sing, LOL without autotune.

This lists are always ... controversial ... but fun for discussion, anyways. I think this list is interesting in that it takes different considerations into the significance of each group mentioned. After all, it's a list of 'best', not necessarily 'most talented'!

I like this list more than I thought I would because at least they took into account groups that existed before the '90s. Just seeing the Shirelles make the list was a very pleasant surprise.

This list left out The Marvelettes [along with Martha & The Vandellas & The Shangri-Las] and they included The Pussycat Dolls?! Oh well.... these lists are seldom complete or definitive. Thanks for sharing PHN.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I like this list more than I thought I would because at least they took into account groups that existed before the '90s. Just seeing the Shirelles make the list was a very pleasant surprise.
    I agree; seeing The Shirelles on their list was a good pick [for me, it was a nice surprise to se LaBelle & The Pointer Sisters on there].

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    This list left out The Marvelettes [along with Martha & The Vandellas
    At least they got a mention in the article.

And at least the best Girl Group of all-time was ranked #1.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    True, the Shirelles and Labelle were both surprising and legit picks for me.