[REMOVE ADS]

Ronnie spector died

Family Statement on the Passing of Ronnie Spector:

Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan.

Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face. She was filled with love and gratitude.

Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her.

In lieu of flowers, Ronnie requested that donations be made to your local women’s shelter or to the American Indian College Fund.

A celebration of Ronnie’s life and music will be announced in the future.

The family respectfully asks for privacy at this time.

https://www.ronniespector.com/

NEW YORK [[AP) — Ronnie Spector, the cat-eyed, bee-hived rock ‘n’ roll siren who sang such 1960s hits as “Be My Baby,” “Baby I Love You” and “Walking in the Rain” as the leader of the girl group The Ronettes, has died. She was 78.

Spector died Wednesday after a brief battle with cancer, her family said. “Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face. She was filled with love and gratitude,” a statement said. No other details were revealed.

Tributes flooded social media, with Stevie Van Zandt saying it was an honor to produce her, to Brian Wilson, who wrote on Twitter: “I loved her voice so much and she was a very special person and a dear friend.” Diane Warren called her “The voice of a million teenage dreams including mine.”

The Ronettes’ sexy look and powerful voices — plus songwriting and producing help from Phil Spector — turned them into one of the premier acts of the girl-group era, touring England with The Rolling Stones and befriending the Beatles.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...a6052c3ce66920

She was massively influential; this is a body blow to pop culture. Rest in power.

So very sad to have heard the news of Ronnie's passing today. A true trailblazer and icon in every sense, as well as a survivor. A distinct voice of pop, unique style and so much personality! Rest in peace, Ronnie.

I had snapped this photo of my autographed vinyl copy of her most recent album, some months ago, and found it on my phone today. If you haven't heard this album, check it out. My favourite track is her cover of "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying".

Name:  IMG_20220112_172753_700.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  85.8 KB
    Last edited by carlo; 01-12-2022 at 11:11 PM.

So very sorry to hear about Veronica "Ronnie" Spector. Rest In Peace.

Rest in Peace, dear Ronnie. Condolences to her family.