[REMOVE ADS]

Thoughts and reactions to the Thank You album now it's been out 2 months?

It's been 2 months since the Thank you album was released. After two months, are thoughts/feelings about it the same? Or have they changed? Any songs grow on you? Any not as good now after some listens?

And if she has recorded another album, as has been rumored, do you want it to be in a similar vein as Thank You? Or something different, musically, lyrically or both?

Really like this CD , much better than I Love You, and really like that Thank You and If the World Just Danced got played on UK national radio

I played it in the car while travelling over Christmas so am currently taking a break....
    Two months on and it still sounds a pretty good effort.
    “If The World Just Danced” coupled with “Tomorrow” being the two songs that stay in your head long after the cd has been put away.
    I still consider it a huge mistake to have released the rather lame and disjointed sounding “All Is Well” as opposed to the vibrantly appealing “Tomorrow” but hey-ho.
    I find the rest of the songs extremely pleasant, if a ‘tad unremarkable.
    If there were to be another album, then a jazz orientated set or dance album are what i would wish for.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 01-13-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Happy, content, satisfied with and grateful for the album. Favorite tracks: If the World Just Danced, In Your Heart, Just in Case, Tomorrow. Love the video for If the World Just Danced.

This is the first Diana Ross album I have played over and over since 1995's Take Me Higher. I lost my way with her, if you will, for a number of years after TMH but so happy to be "reliving" how I would play her albums over and over. I love this album. Favorite tracks are Thank You, If the World Just Danced, All is Well, I Still Believe, Tomorrow, Time to Call. When we have dinner I put this on as it's great music to listen to while eating and conversing with my husband.

I play this album over and over. It is way more than I expected. I truly love this album.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I play this album over and over. It is way more than I expected. I truly love this album.
    I'm with you, friend VGal. I'm delighted at how much I LOVE this lp, both in theory and in reality. I play it constantly and always love it. Our girl made a career lp, regardless of sales. I hope all is well with you and wish you and yours a HNY!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'm with you, friend VGal. I'm delighted at how much I LOVE this lp, both in theory and in reality. I play it constantly and always love it. Our girl made a career lp, regardless of sales. I hope all is well with you and wish you and yours a HNY!
    Thank you PeaceNHarmony. And the same to you. Take care and a Happy New Years to you and yours.

With no promotion to speak of, its as if a door has been slammed on the album. Done and dusted. It’s rather interesting she’s prepared to risk her health appearing at a music festival yet shuns any tv promotion. Assuming of course she was actually offered any.
    Perhaps she feels safer performing outdoors.

Still loving it and still playing it a few times every week! Fantastic. I have the regular CD, an Amazon exclusive CD, the pink vinyl...and now the pink cassette...

Name:  20211217_144658.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  97.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I played it in the car while travelling over Christmas so am currently taking a break....
    Two months on and it still sounds a pretty good effort.
    “If The World Just Danced” coupled with “Tomorrow” being the two songs that stay in your head long after the cd has been put away.
    I still consider it a huge mistake to have released the rather lame and disjointed sounding “All Is Well” as opposed to the vibrantly appealing “Tomorrow” but hey-ho.
    I find the rest of the songs extremely pleasant, if a ‘tad unremarkable.
    If there were to be another album, then a jazz orientated set or dance album are what i would wish for.
    Mr Oxenfree, u keep coming for AIW if you want to and imma have to cut cha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Mr Oxenfree, u keep coming for AIW if you want to and imma have to cut cha!!!!!
    The theme of the thread is how one feels about the album two months on. Two months on and i continue to enjoy it, but still consider “AIW” a weak song.
    I’m not entirely sure just what ‘cut cha’ means exactly. Is it street slang for doing someone harm with a varying opinion. If so, that’s not being terribly nice and certainly far from civilised.

10 years on I’m still gonna love this album it is so freaking good I love the dance songs if the world just dance I still believe I’m tomorrow and if rumour hasn’t she has recorded a few more albums so we’re going to get some darn good news of coming folks

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Still loving it and still playing it a few times every week! Fantastic. I have the regular CD, an Amazon exclusive CD, the pink vinyl...and now the pink cassette...

Name:  20211217_144658.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  97.2 KB
    Even though my teen years were long gone by the eighties, I say: 'YOU ROCK' !! This summer you can carry that box on your shoulder to the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    10 years on I’m still gonna love this album it is so freaking good I love the dance songs if the world just dance I still believe I’m tomorrow and if rumour hasn’t she has recorded a few more albums so we’re going to get some darn good news of coming folks
    Agreed, AY. A truly great career album for our girl!

I’d score it 7/10 which is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Even though my teen years were long gone by the eighties, I say: 'YOU ROCK' !! This summer you can carry that box on your shoulder to the beach!
    Thanks Peace! That is a fun idea

over all i think its a good solid album that made my all time Ross top ten .
    fun, danceable ,upbeat,uplifting. a bit syupy at times but the lyrics speak for themselves.
    i would have liked better or more photos, and better videos
    love If The World just Danced,Just In Case, Tomorrow,....really i like all the tracks but i do prefer the dance tracks mostly

I'm overjoyed about it. Thank goodness she followed up the treacly I Love You set with an album of strong performances, material and production values worthy of the Queen of Motown. Bravissima!

If compared to her best at Motown, 1/10

If compared to her best at RCA, 7/10

You are more devoted than I am - I got it at Christmas and played One song - If The World Just Danced. I will listen someday but I like the old stuff and I’ve played Blue a lot more lately. I look forward to the Mary CD if it ever comes because I’ll know it more.

Thank You seemed to be well received.

I still work for some crazy reason and I help look after grandchildren every day - my excuse

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    You are more devoted than I am - I got it at Christmas and played One song - If The World Just Danced. I will listen someday but I like the old stuff and I’ve played Blue a lot more lately. I look forward to the Mary CD if it ever comes because I’ll know it more.

Thank You seemed to be well received.

I still work for some crazy reason and I help look after grandchildren every day - my excuse
    Bravo to you for keeping up a worthy and productive life, JRob. Still leading workout classes as well? If I may ... queue up 'All Is Well' - a lovely song for family. As is 'The Answer's Always Love'.

I haven't bought it. I listened to one or two tracks but that's it. I love, love, love Diana's Supremes years but for some reason I just can't into her solo stuff besides some of
    the early stuff like Ain't No Mountain and Remember Me. I was surprised at my local music store [[yes we still have one in my town!), when I overheard someone looking at her CD and said I thought she died. I
    told the couple that she is very much alive lol. It's a shame, the owner of the store knows I'm a Supremes fan and asked me if I wanted to buy it because he's not
    getting any movement on it. I think about maybe just buying it to support sales even if I won't listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I was surprised at my local music store [[yes we still have one in my town!), when I overheard someone looking at her CD and said I thought she died. it.
    much of the population either says, “Diana who?” or “Whatever happened to her?”

The reaction i normally get is “my god, she must be really old by now”. I explain that she is indeed 77 but still going strong.
    Younger peeps that i have played snippets of the album for seem to really like “I Still Believe”. One asked me to play it for them the other day proving she still has youth appeal.

"If The World Just Danced" is arguably the most youth-appealing track I'd say. Sounds very modern to me and totally club-ready.

[[as a youth, I am evidence for every claim in this post )

The theme of the thread is how one feels about the album two months on. Two months on and i continue to enjoy it, but still consider “AIW” a weak song
    We know. You've mentioned it in every.single.solitary.thread. that mentions AIW

" Is it street slang for doing someone harm with a varying opinion. If so, that’s not being terribly nice and certainly far from civilised."

What on earth gave you the impression that I was civilized?

We know. You've mentioned it in every.single.solitary.thread. that mentions AIW

" Is it street slang for doing someone harm with a varying opinion. If so, that’s not being terribly nice and certainly far from civilised."

What on earth gave you the impression that I was civilized?
    While others mention how wonderful the song is in every single solitary thread.
    Nothing particularly hints at you being civilised sweetie, but hope springs eternal and all that.

While others mention how wonderful the song is in every single solitary thread.
    Stories you tell!

"but hope springs eternal and all that.

Since you've lived almost as long as eternity, I'll take your word for that

It looks like all isn’t so well up here in Soulful Detroit…

Stories you tell!

"but hope springs eternal and all that.

Since you've lived almost as long as eternity, I'll take your word for that
    Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I'm cracking up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    One must remember TT “What is isn’t, what isn’t is”.

One must remember TT “What is isn’t, what isn’t is”.
    It's 4:38 am in Cali. I'm watching a film with Bette Davis and Leslie Howard, and I read that. The HOLLER that escaped. I'm cracking up!

It's 4:38 am in Cali. I'm watching a film with Bette Davis and Leslie Howard, and I read that. The HOLLER that escaped. I'm cracking up!
    “Of Human Bondage” being a Bette classic. She would have made a wonderful Scarlet.

“Of Human Bondage” being a Bette classic. She would have made a wonderful Scarlet.
    It was actually, "It's Love I'm After" with Olivia DeHavilland. I think Bette would've made a terrible Scarlett O'Hara

I really love If The World Just Danced
    Like all the uptempo songs,...classic Ross.
    Some of the love songs All Is Well bit sugary...but I do like the lyrics...but the chorus is just corny.
    Over all good album

The album is inspirational, sounding consistently better with the passing of time. I’m even getting to like “All Is Well” which I never thought i ever would. If “Thank You” is to be her last album ever, it’s a fine testament to an incredible career.

I wish I loved it like so many people do. I do like it better than I love you, but that’s not much of a testimonial. I like it the world just danced, thank you and two others. The rest, I just skip over. I love the cover, I love the marketing, I love the intent I just wish I loved the music.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I wish I loved it like so many people do. I do like it better than I love you, but that’s not much of a testimonial. I like it the world just danced, thank you and two others. The rest, I just skip over. I love the cover, I love the marketing, I love the intent I just wish I loved the music.
    TheMotownManiac, even before reading your comment, I was about to type almost the same words, being that the initial thread asks for our thoughts & reactions. I am glad that we do have this album since it's been such a long time hearing something new from Diana.