[REMOVE ADS]

How Long Goes to Number 1 After 40 Years

I always liked Ace's "How Long" since it came out back in '75 & it's nice to see that people are still listening to the song [and made it #1 on Billboard's Digital Sales Chart]. Thanks jobeterob for the news.

Yes, fascinating how a somewhat forgotten record can capture public interest decades later. Somewhere or other on the webernet there was a list of songs that 'sounded better' years later, another phenom. Additionally how some artists have hits that are rather forgotten and lesser-sellers that become concert staples [[I'm thinking Tina's #2 Typical Male, which came and went on setlists over the years to less-than ecstatic audience response vs the #15 The Best which grew in audience reaction with each passing tour. Anyhoo, great for Ace & How Long, and congrats to the rights-owner and pr person who recommended the song -

I believe it was used in an Amazon Prime ad - which caused the renewed interest.

It seems to me that I also saw this might have happened in 2020 - but I saw this for the first time recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I believe it was used in an Amazon Prime ad - which caused the renewed interest.

It seems to me that I also saw this might have happened in 2020 - but I saw this for the first time recently.
    You're Right Jobeterob! This article from Ultimate Classic Rock was dated March 17th 2020 [nearly two years ago]. Also, the piece said that the spike in sales for 'How Long' was due to an ad for Amazon Prime's streaming service [still it's good exposure for Ace's 1975 hit 'How Long'].

"How Long" is a great song, and I’m a big fan of Paul Carrack, who wrote and sung it. He has a great catalogue of music including quite a few Motown covers and Motown-inspired tunes!