[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Would a children's summer cd be nice for diana ross right now if it was possible?

she and her children and grandchildren should do a children's summer cd as well as have Universal put in "Beach Ball" and "Surfer Boy" performed by DMF as a Target exclusive. Would it be nice?

I had the idea after listening to "I still believe", which the disco vibe sounds like "Hot,hot,hot".

Miss ross and her children should do covers of kid-friendly summer songs for spring sales, possibly after Easter.

It may alienate her audience, plus maybe not the best introduction to Diana. Just don't put her on the cover. Just show a beach with a umbrella sand, a ball and some waves in a cartoonish fashion.

what would you pick for songs for covers?

Don't tell me this is a bad idea. Diana has given back to children. the central park concert helped bulid a playground
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 01-10-2022 at 11:50 AM.

I'd just like to get Reflections EE at this point.

I suspect if such a CD were released only Diana Ross' older fans would buy it and very few children would hear it as a lot of kids don't even know what a CD is.

Even something like the Supremes Disney project, if put on the streaming services, would likely not get many streams for the intended target for this project as many of today's parents of young children were not alive during the heyday of the Supremes 50-60 years ago.

Right now ?
    well hey, if you can put out a series of made for club disco songs in the middle of a communal lockdown
    why not a summer cd in the middle of winter:

Too snarky ? …, sorry !!!! Couldn’t resist
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-10-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I suspect if such a CD were released only Diana Ross' older fans would buy it and very few children would hear it as a lot of kids don't even know what a CD is.

Even something like the Supremes Disney project, if put on the streaming services, would likely not get many streams for the intended target for this project as many of today's parents of young children were not alive during the heyday of the Supremes 50-60 years ago.

And even fewer kids know who Diana Ross is, if any. I would love a project, any project, that was well conceived and produced and a pleasure to listen to.

When it comes to Supremes Sing Disney Classics, I’ve long suspected that Gordy only green lit the project to shut Diana Ross up. I don’t think he ever intended to release it. He didn’t even assign his B-level producers for it, and it shows. Maybe they were kept to a very strict budget, but some of the tracks are embarrassing. If I were mary and Florence, and told him I was going to be getting a solo on the new Supremes Sing Disney Classics album, and I was given this Davy Crockett track, I would drink too. There are little golden records that sold for $.29 when I was a kid, with a better production values. I like the idea, but I’m very glad it never got released.

Forgive me, but I think that would be a, erm, not very good idea.

Her children and grandchildren?? Almost no one is interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    When it comes to Supremes Sing Disney Classics, I’ve long suspected that Gordy only green lit the project to shut Diana Ross up. I don’t think he ever intended to release it. He didn’t even assign his B-level producers for it, and it shows. Maybe they were kept to a very strict budget, but some of the tracks are embarrassing. If I were mary and Florence, and told him I was going to be getting a solo on the new Supremes Sing Disney Classics album, and I was given this Davy Crockett track, I would drink too. There are little golden records that sold for $.29 when I was a kid, with a better production values. I like the idea, but I’m very glad it never got released.
    I don't think it was kept to a strict budget or was made to shut Diana up. When this was conceived they were working on three specialty albums [[Rodgers & Hart, Broadway To Hollywood, Disney) all at the same time on top of their usual Motown recordings. There was a lot of work being done. Motown actually cut some of the songs several times - Detroit, New York, and LA - indicating there was a great deal of time and expense invested into the project. They were clearly looking for different sounds for the project. They even recorded "It Won't Be Long 'Til Christmas" from The Happiest Millionaire, which had not been released in the theaters when the ladies recorded it, hinting at a possible Motown/Disney collaboration. It most likely didn't get released because the departure of Florence and Holland-Dozier-Holland destabilized things to the point where Motown had to refocus the group on being hitmakers. Specialty albums were not what needed to be released and by the time Cindy was full swing in the group it was already too late for that project especially considering the changing musical taste of 1968.

An album of Diana with her kids and grandchildren doing children's songs? No one wants that. No one.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 01-10-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don't think it was kept to a strict budget or was made to shut Diana up. When this was conceived they were working on three specialty albums [[Rodgers & Hart, Broadway To Hollywood, Disney) all at the same time on top of their usual Motown recordings. There was a lot of work being done. Motown actually cut some of the songs several times - Detroit, New York, and LA - indicating there was a great deal of time and expense invested into the project. They were clearly looking for different sounds for the project. They even recorded "It Won't Be Long 'Til Christmas" from The Happiest Millionaire, which had not been released in the theaters when the ladies recorded it, hinting at a possible Motown/Disney collaboration. It most likely didn't get released because the departure of Florence and Holland-Dozier-Holland destabilized things to the point where Motown had to refocus the group on being hitmakers. Specialty albums were not what needed to be released and by the time Cindy was full swing in the group it was already too late for that project especially considering the changing musical taste of 1968.

An album of Diana with her kids and grandchildren doing children's songs? No one wants that. No one.
    I very much agree. There was a lot going on around the time, particularly Flo’s departure. By the time Cindy had been inducted, the groups sound had evolved dramatically making the Disney recordings sound rather dated. The window for such a release had simply passed
    As for an album of children’s songs...why??. This is 2022 not 1980. Who on earth would buy it?.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 01-11-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Even a compilation back in 2010 failed. Sold out however...
    https://www.amazon.com/Motown-Kids-V...s%2C166&sr=8-2

it reached #35,284 in Hair Replacement Wigs

Is today April 1st

no i just had this idea pop in my head. let me clarify.

no most of the songs diana and family are covering will NOT public domain for this CD. and the Supremes DMF archived "Surfer Boy" and "Beach Ball" were going to be bonus tracks as a Target exclusive. So they'll be tunes everyone can hear. They'll just be watered down versions of some of the summer song we heard in the 60s-90s.

"Summertime Blues", "Kokomo", various surf tunes, a watered down version of "California Sun", a watered down version of "Hit the Road Jack" [[to yearn of the days of being on long road trips),various Jimmy Buffett tunes other than Margatiaville, and "Hot, Hot, Hot", and various calypso tunes, maybe "Tell Me More" from The Wiz's biggest competior Others can chime in on covers she can do for this family album [[no pun intended). No Dancing in the Street, unless one of her kids can pull off a good cover

I am not making fun of Diana Ross. Rather I got the idea from all the fun she had doing the music video "I still believe".

And plus, people can appreciate Diana as a mother.

Hire me at Universal's Motown division!
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 01-11-2022 at 11:20 AM.

I like some elements of your idea. I would go for a Latin flavoured type of album from Ms Ross, in the same vein as I Still Believe and I Never Loved A Man Before, from Take Me Higher. She could even do a studio recording of the latin/salsa inspired version of Love Child that she's had as part of her live set for the past 15+ years. She did do the children's album [[more like an EP) "When You Dream", released in Japan in the 90's, so it's doubtful she would do another one now.

Not sure about involving her family. Tracee, Evan and Rhonda can sing...not sure about Chudney and Ross. There's no public evidence of their singing abilities, as far as I know. I think half of her grandkids are not yet potty trained, let alone being able to read and learn songs for their grandmother's album. Maybe they could shake some maraca's. lol.

Dolly Parton's lovely children's album that she released in recent years came to my mind. I didn't buy it but it's very calming and cute.

I never liked the Disney recordings. I thought the concept was corny as hell even for 1967. I'm glad they left that one in the vaults and would be okay if it never gets an official release. Strangely enough I do like Mary and Flo's Ballad of Davy Crockett, though I would have left the "rapping" all to Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

those are good points that I have not considered, and you are probably accurate. Still, I find it odd at his choice for producers for this, considering it had a chance to be big if it was done correctly. I’m surprised that, after hearing the tracks that had been done, he continued to allow those producers to make mediocre productions that would probably never meet the standards to get released. And every time I hear Davy Crockett, which is not often, I feel sorry for Mary and Florence. I would think he would have higher standards by then for his flagship group.

honestly no, they cancelled the Disney album for a reason
    just bring on Reflections EE

Can they expand reflections and add the Disney songs as a bonus album?

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Can they expand reflections and add the Disney songs as a bonus album?
    If ever an expanded version of “Reflections” manages to see the light of day, i for one am really hoping they do. I’m a great fan of the Supremes Disney recordings, enjoying the way Diana imbues each song with her own personality and sense of fun. Very similar to what she achieved on the R&H album.

I might be alone on this one, but I'd kill for an album of children's Christmas Disney songs done in a Brazilian jazz style featuring Mariah Carey.

^^ As long as each cut has assorted dance remixes by Hector, Victor, and Dawn , I’m in !