[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Twitter Post

Cool Twitter Post

Loving this message from Diana on Twitter.

“Here is what I am dong. Now get the f—k up, make your bed, put on some clothes and go for a walk, drink some water”.
    BUT GET UP!.

Thoughts of peace and harmony are all good and well, but this is the kind of stuff that gets people motivated. Love it.

is this for real???

'get the f--k up ???' I need to put ALL IS WELL on repeat after that !

I like it when older people use modern technology. You get a lovely combination of carefree, opinionated wisdom and casual misuse of qwerty keyboards.

she must have gotten up early and to the computer before Rhonda could intervene this morning....

Or she just says what she darn well wants sometimes

I have to wonder if Diana actually makes her own bed or if she has staff that does it for her...

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I have to wonder if Diana actually makes her own bed or if she has staff that does it for her...
    She does her own groceries, so I would imagine she does a lot of her own day to day household chores.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I like it when older people use modern technology. You get a lovely combination of carefree, opinionated wisdom and casual misuse of qwerty keyboards.
    LOL. I really appreciate her honesty.
    As pointed out on another site, she did tell the audience “it’s been 30 fucking years when performing in Amsterdam 1994.
    I think it’s only the fans who see her as Mary Poppins or descended from the heavens who might have a problem with this one. I find it a refreshing change from all those Hallmark platitudes we are normally spoon fed.

What’s refreshing about the word fuc*

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    What’s refreshing about the word fuc*
    Because it was used as a motivator as opposed to a form of abuse. I had a very productive day because of it, so thank you Diana.

Sounds like you had a fuc*in great day !
    Lol!

Sounds like you had a fuc*in great day !
    Lol!
    It was actually lol. I hope you didn’t talk like that to anyone you met today.

Jan 3:
    "Today I am starting a easy simple intermittent fast, Lemon and water and vegetable broth .Went to bed at 8:30 PM and will have a lite meal at 12:30 PM -16 hours,easing into this new year."

This is the kind of shit that lets you know it really is Diana posting, not someone doing it for her, and that’s what makes it so fucking great. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Jan 3:
    "Today I am starting a easy simple intermittent fast, Lemon and water and vegetable broth .Went to bed at 8:30 PM and will have a lite meal at 12:30 PM -16 hours,easing into this new year."

This is the kind of shit that lets you know it really is Diana posting, not someone doing it for her, and that’s what makes it so fucking great. LOL
    She’s keeping it real. Perhaps it’s the fallout after recording the “Thank You” album and she’s had enough of the hearts and flowers for a while.
    Good to know she looks after herself. Having stuffed my face all over the Christmas period this certainly got me thinking. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    or descended from the heavens
    Wait, wait, WAIT!!! Are you insinuating she is NOT?
    Pearls. Are. Clutched.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Wait, wait, WAIT!!! Are you insinuating she is NOT?
    Pearls. Are. Clutched.
    One or two have laid claim to feeling the flutter of angels wings when her music is played, though personally i remain unconvinced lol.
    I feel certain Diana herself would be most amused that anyone would view her in that light.

LOL. I really appreciate her honesty.
    As pointed out on another site, she did tell the audience “it’s been 30 fucking years when performing in Amsterdam 1994.
    I think it’s only the fans who see her as Mary Poppins or descended from the heavens who might have a problem with this one. I find it a refreshing change from all those Hallmark platitudes we are normally spoon fed.
    Hi Ollie,
    I was actually there, it was Ahoy, Rotterdam. It was a 2 night performance, taped for broadcast on Dutch TV, I was there the second evening when she said that. I remember vividly it was during the encore, she was wearing sneakers and a pink jacket.

These where also the times she had a break during concerts. For the actual broadcast they used the opening from the second night and after the break, the closing part from the first night, so at least she did not swear on TV.

For those who are interested, here is a youtube link to that concert:

https://youtu.be/R3reiDl0EKw

Never understood why it was recorded for a one time broadcast on Dutch TV and never released. But on this forum we had lengthy talks about unreleased Diana Ross concerts.

On a side note, in 2009 she was in Arnhem, the Netherlands as well for an annual event, Symphonica in Rosso. All other performances where released on DVD except this one. I have heard rumors she was not happy with the way it looked and blocked the release. Or asked more money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Hi Ollie,
    I was actually there, it was Ahoy, Rotterdam. It was a 2 night performance, taped for broadcast on Dutch TV, I was there the second evening when she said that. I remember vividly it was during the encore, she was wearing sneakers and a pink jacket.

These where also the times she had a break during concerts. For the actual broadcast they used the opening from the second night and after the break, the closing part from the first night, so at least she did not swear on TV.

For those who are interested, here is a youtube link to that concert:

https://youtu.be/R3reiDl0EKw

Never understood why it was recorded for a one time broadcast on Dutch TV and never released. But on this forum we had lengthy talks about unreleased Diana Ross concerts.

On a side note, in 2009 she was in Arnhem, the Netherlands as well for an annual event, Symphonica in Rosso. All other performances where released on DVD except this one. I have heard rumors she was not happy with the way it looked and blocked the release. Or asked more money for it.
    How wonderful. I have the concert on video [[remember those) with the ‘F’ word included. I really should get it transferred onto disc as I can no longer play it. I seem to remember she was suffering with throat problems at one of those concerts and had almost no voice left.
    If she did block the release it’s rather a shame as it remains an excellent concert.
    One of my all time favourite concerts that she did block was the one filmed in Athens 92. The amphitheatre made for brilliant acoustics.

So, Here is what I am dong. Now get the f—k up, make your bed, put on some clothes and go for a walk, drink some water”.
    BUT GET UP!. And get it transferred to disc!

[[haha)

One or two have laid claim to feeling the flutter of angels wings when her music is played, though personally i remain unconvinced lol.
    I feel certain Diana herself would be most amused that anyone would view her in that light.
    Best post ever! Diana's golden turd is still a turd!

In March I think it will be two years since the last time Diana performed on stage. I think this may be the longest period of time in her professional career that she hasn't performed.

The original tweet revisited:
    Is Diana Ross having trouble getting herself interested in getting out of bed in the morning ??

The original tweet revisited:
    Is Diana Ross having trouble getting herself interested in getting out of bed in the morning ??
    You may well be right as It does sound like she is trying to motivate herself.
    In that respect, a little promo for the album might help. I would love to hear her sing a live version of “Just In Case”.

She's booked to headline in New Orleans Feb 26. [[the Mardi Gras music festival.)

Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    She's booked to headline in New Orleans Feb 26. [[the Mardi Gras music festival.)
    With so many other acts performing, i imagine it will be quite a short set. I’m guessing a duet with Adam Levine is out of the question, but assume she will perform at least one song from the new album. With Diana one never quite knows?.
    There are also also the much anticipated though potentially doubtful UK summer concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Diana comes across as totally natural and relaxed during this concert. Perhaps that’s how the ‘F’ word slipped out.....Bless her.

Today on her Twitter feed she posted that she enjoys handwashing her dishes as washing dishes gets her in a meditative frame of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Today on her Twitter feed she posted that she enjoys handwashing her dishes as washing dishes gets her in a meditative frame of mind.
    I wonder if it’s dependent on the brand of washing up liquid she uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    This is odd/timely that literally, I was just just reflecting on how relaxing and meditative it is as I was handwashing my dishes. It's a task that I've recently done more off in the recent months, and I actually don't dread it.

Now to the "F" word...I have always loved and admired Diana Ross and count myself as an avid fan. I am pretty disappointed that she used the word which is becoming more and more a socially accepted term in a public forum. It's my opinion that using it demonstrates lack of class and is just an attempt to dodge other words one can use to get their point across that they are serious and 'hardcore' in what they are saying. Using the phrase, WTF, and describing an action or a thing with the adjective/adverb "f***ing" irks me and tends me diminish my regard of the user. But, again, that's the prudish me. Diana, I thought you had much too much class to stoop to that word in a public forum. I will now stumble off my soapbox and probably say the "f" word doing so; however, only my cats will be able to hear it.

Is “get the f up and make your bed” any different than “get up and make your bed”?

if not, why use the vulgar f word?

I like Diana's underlying message, but it's true, anybody can use the "f" word,
    not using it is what elevates your presentation and entire aura, which is what she seems focused on these days...

Also, putting it in a tweet lets it float out there forever, I don't tweet, but aren't you allowed to go back and edit?? Surely once out of bed and with her favorite beverage in hand [coffee] she would've thought better of her wording ....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-15-2022 at 12:25 PM.

The only other time I can remember her swearing was during interviews with the press in 76. She apologised to one journalist telling him that she picked it up when filming Lady.
    She very nearly said the ‘F’ word when being interviewed on national television in 96. It was on the UK Clive Anderson show and she told the audience she really wanted to say the word but changed it to funky.