[REMOVE ADS]

Please delete, because I'm an idiot

And very embarrassed
    Last edited by TimChipping; 01-03-2022 at 08:07 PM.

Sorry--that's not Thelma Houston singing.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Sorry--that's not Thelma Houston singing.
    No, I think it's BJ Arnau.

I much prefer Thelma's version to this one.

Interestingly, I didn't know until today, that Jonathan King produced the BJ Arnau version.

From memory, that was B J Arnau

Interestingly, the flip side of the B J Arnau 45 was I Love You. That was also the title [[but not the same song) of Chris Clark's flip side for her version I Want To Go Back There Again.

30th December 1971Presenter: Ed StewartPlaylist:00:00 [[20) Tony Christie – [[Is This The Way To) Amarillo [[crowd dancing) [[and charts)02:05 [[6) Congregation – Softly Whispering I Love You05:16 [[13) Johnny Pearson Orchestra – Sleepy Shores09:01 [[4) The New Seekers – I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing [[In Perfect Harmony)--:-- [[25) Vienna Philharmonic ORCHESTRA – The ‘Onedin Line’ Theme [[video)11:42 [[NEW) B.J. Arnau – I Want To Go Back There Again14:20 [[18) Neil Reid – Mother Of Mine18:42 [[NEW) Barbra Streisand – Stoney End [[video) [[danced to by Pan’s People)21:45 [[12) Val Doonican – Morning--:-- [[1) Benny Hill – Ernie [[The Fastest Milkman In The West) [[video)24:56 [[2) T-Rex – Jeepster [[danced to by Pan’s People) [[and credits)
    [COLOR=var[[--yt-spec-text-secondary)]Show less[/COLOR]

You're not an idiot, you're human. And we, humans, all make mistakes.

... and ... a nice discovery for me; I had not heard this version before, no matter who was singing it! A good find - nice to hear something/someone new.

sort of illustrates how generic and easily duplicated the Supremes back up stylizing had become by the seventies