[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new year, new projects & releases - pick 1 thing you would want released?

as we wait for the MW release and potentially the Reflections set, what would be the 1 thing you would want released in 2022?

TCB on dvd? EE of the "concept" albums from the DMF era? Jean Terrell L&F?

Ross [1978] EE. Fingers and toes crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Ross [1978] EE. Fingers and toes crossed.
    This is the release I was going to post. We have been waiting forever.

Hmmm ... hard to choose just one. Realistically, EE Reflections. What I really, really want - a box of EE return-to-Motown lps. Then a box of EE DMF concepts.

I would like all of Diana's tv specials [[hopefully with extras) released on dvd.

The Harold Arlen album has to be top of my wish list.

REFLECTIONS EE of course, followed closely by LOVE CHILD EE and LTSSI and CREAM OF THE CROP EE's. Let's finish the damn series!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    REFLECTIONS EE of course, followed closely by LOVE CHILD EE and LTSSI and CREAM OF THE CROP EE's. Let's finish the damn series!
    mary i knew you'd be greedy and ask for more than one! ;0 lolol

I wonder what's left from the DRATS era. those final albums were such hodge podges of content. Although supposedly the LC album was originally conceived as a serious, mature album focusing on social commentary and all. so like we got The Beginning Of The End Of Love, i wonder if there were any other heavier tunes recorded by canned. or even partially completed. Or if they had an album lineup outlined, maybe with some tunes not recorded completely yet. would be interesting to see what the album was really going to include

Reflections Expanded please after all this time!

An Expanded Edition of Reflections!
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-04-2022 at 11:47 AM.

My wish is....to continue where Motown left us, Reflections EE, Ross 78 EE...And not to cause controversy or to poison this topic, even digital would be something....

About the Harold Arlen Album, Ms Ross has a 2 record deal with Decca, If "Thank You" doesn't earn enough, I strongly believe the Arlen album will be released [[my opinion, no inside information), to end the contract.

I have heard the rumors about ms Ross and the London Symphonic Orchestra, but they played as well on "Thank You" and released a Motown album already. What would she sing? American songbook? New material? If "Thank You" has not enough revenue, I believe the Arlen album is a way out of the deal.

Again, just my humble opinion....

and lets hope Universal / Motown cares enough to finish what they have started, since they are famous for not finishing re-release projects....[[TCMSC took 10 years in total and had a gap of 5 years between volume 11b and 12a).....

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    My wish is....to continue where Motown left us, Reflections EE, Ross 78 EE...And not to cause controversy or to poison this topic, even digital would be something....

About the Harold Arlen Album, Ms Ross has a 2 record deal with Decca, If "Thank You" doesn't earn enough, I strongly believe the Arlen album will be released [[my opinion, no inside information), to end the contract.

I have heard the rumors about ms Ross and the London Symphonic Orchestra, but they played as well on "Thank You" and released a Motown album already. What would she sing? American songbook? New material? If "Thank You" has not enough revenue, I believe the Arlen album is a way out of the dea.
    There is also the album of Supremes songs produced by Nile Rodgers in 2000.
    The LSO album would seem a natural, that with a little marketing could do very well internationally. It would need to contain past hits remixed.
    If and maybe, but had the “Thank You” album been recorded in 2006 and promoted with as much enthusiasm as “ILY” it had the potential to do extremely well. “If The World Just Danced”, “Thank You” And even “In Your Heart” all possible hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    There is also the album of Supremes songs produced by Nile Rodgers in 2000.
    The LSO album would seem a natural, that with a little marketing could do very well internationally. It would need to contain past hits remixed.
    If and maybe, but had the “Thank You” album been recorded in 2006 and promoted with as much enthusiasm as “ILY” it had the potential to do extremely well. “If The World Just Danced”, “Thank You” And even “In Your Heart” all possible hits.
    The Harold Arlen album is at the top of my wish list!

Return to Love DVD...I already know, you don't have to tell me that it ain't gonna happen lol.

TCB on DVD - both shows and any extras
    Reflections EE
    Rodgers and Hart mono
    Liverpool/SammCooke/CW&P EE mono/stereo plus alts
    Caesars Palace EE
    Harold Arlen
    Flo Complete ABC with alternates

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Return to Love DVD...I already know, you don't have to tell me that it ain't gonna happen lol.
    Based on the youtube clips, I just wish [[or wished) that some quasi relevant group of Supremes with Diana in the lead would sing all those old songs in that fashion - even if it is Diana's tour with full length Supremes and Ross songs; I think it would be a treat to have any of Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye as the backup.

We've never really had those songs done in their full length versions, no medleys - all of them, full length versions of Love Is Like an Itching, You Keep Me Hangin On, Where Did Our Love Go, Back in my Arms Again, Love Is Here, Reflections, Someday etc.

I would love album from Mary, Jean and Cindy.

Jeeze I almost forgot about Mary's album. When can we expect it?

If it exists, I'd love to see footage of a full concert from the original trio.

Reflections is at the top of my list , followed by Ross 78.
    aside from the normal, Love Child ,cream of the crop
    i want a Right On expanded set.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i want a Right On expanded set.
    Sign me up for this too.

I also liked an earlier idea I saw here...I think it was Motown Maniac who listed an expanded edition of Flo's ABC album with alternates. I would love that too. If only we could get all of these

Reminds me of the lyrics to a Barbra Streisand song from A Star Is Born.
    ”Ask what I want and i will sing. I want everything...everything.

I meant to say I would love a Live album from Jean, Mary and Cindy

Lost & Found Jean's Supremes
    Ivy Jo Hunter
    Stoney & Meatloaf
    More Blinky

OK - Help me here.....

What is "the album of Supremes songs produced by Nile Rodgers in 2000"??? Never knew there was one. Details????

Also, tell me about the Arlen album. When was that recorded? Ross solo or with Supremes??? Details?

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    OK - Help me here.....

What is "the album of Supremes songs produced by Nile Rodgers in 2000"??? Never knew there was one. Details????

Also, tell me about the Arlen album. When was that recorded? Ross solo or with Supremes??? Details?
    The Arlen album was recorded in 1986 but was shelved. According to one of the arrangers, Joseph Joubert, amongst the songs recorded were OVER THE RAINBOW, ITS ONLY A PAPER MOON, COME RAIN OR COME SHINE, OUT OF THIS WORLD, and I'VE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING.

Yes finish the series, but top of my list would be a 70s Supremes Lost & Found!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    OK - Help me here.....

The Nile Rodgers’ Supremes album was a collection of newly-recorded versions of Supremes hits that was rumored to have been recorded in 2000. I assume the plan may have been to capitalize on Return To Love. Not much has been mentioned about this project.

Bring on reflections ,already

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Reminds me of the lyrics to a Barbra Streisand song from A Star Is Born.
    ”Ask what I want and i will sing. I want everything...everything.
    THIS! Starting with the release of all of her television specials on DVD! We can kick it off with a re-release of central park and a box set should follow. A box set like Babs had

Oh, and can we please have a compact disc release of the Supremes' tribute to Sam Cooke?

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Oh, and can we please have a compact disc release of the Supremes' tribute to Sam Cooke?
    There have been a few CD releases of this album over the years, including a Japanese remaster with a bonus track in 2017. See: https://www.discogs.com/master/29217...mber-Sam-Cooke

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    THIS! Starting with the release of all of her television specials on DVD! We can kick it off with a re-release of central park and a box set should follow. A box set like Babs had
    A deluxe box set in the vein of the B.S release would seem a natural as she winds down her illustrious career. Having said that, i’m not sure there is a wide enough audience to make such a release financially viable. It would certainly require a hefty promotional push.

Physical releases of the previous digital-only releases! Reflections and Ross ´78 on CD along with a DVD box of all the TV specials and concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The Arlen album was recorded in 1986 but was shelved. According to one of the arrangers, Joseph Joubert, amongst the songs recorded were OVER THE RAINBOW, ITS ONLY A PAPER MOON, COME RAIN OR COME SHINE, OUT OF THIS WORLD, and I'VE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING.
    I had never heard of this or the Rodgers/Supremes album either. Was Ross with Motown or RCA when this was recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I had never heard of this or the Rodgers/Supremes album either. Was Ross with Motown or RCA when this was recorded?
    The Harold Arlen project was supposedly recorded during the RCA years in 1986—between Eaten Alive and Red Hot Rhythm & Blues—if the reported dates are correct. This timeline makes sense as there was not a 1986 LP release. The Nile Rogers project was reportedly recorded in 2000, after Every Day Is A New Day and after Diana’s Motown contract expired.

It was during the RCA years.

Thanks Reese and JohnnyB...K
    Last edited by kenneth; 01-21-2022 at 11:08 PM.

This was not during the RCA years. This album was recorded around 2000. The Harold Arlen was recorded during RCA.

Several folks mentioned Ross 78. That seems like an odd choice for an expanded edition, because didn’t it consist of one side being already previously released material? What would an expanded edition of this one look like, I guess is what I’m asking.

Several folks mentioned Ross 78. That seems like an odd choice for an expanded edition, because didn’t it consist of one side being already previously released material? What would an expanded edition of this one look like, I guess is what I’m asking.
    It would include unreleased material from the time like “The Most Important Person,” her solo “I’ll Keep My Light in My Window,” “Pops, We Love You”’s alternate mixes as well as alternate vocals/mixes of the album tracks.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-22-2022 at 09:36 AM.

@sansradio,

Thanks…K

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    It would include unreleased material from the time like “The Most Important Person,” her solo “I’ll Keep My Light in My Window,” “Pops, We Love You”’s alternate mixes as well as alternate vocals/mixes of the album tracks.
    I would also expect her disco version of For Once In My Life, and if I remember correctly, Andy has said there were more Jeffrey Bowen-produced tracks discovered in the vaults than those included on the expended edition of the 1976 Diana Ross "black" album.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This was not during the RCA years. This album was recorded around 2000. The Harold Arlen was recorded during RCA.
    I think Reese meant the Arlen album came out during Diane's RCA stint, when he responded to my question. Is that what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I would also expect her disco version of For Once In My Life, and if I remember correctly, Andy has said there were more Jeffrey Bowen-produced tracks discovered in the vaults than those included on the expended edition of the 1976 Diana Ross "black" album.
    Yes! How could I forget FOIML? Thanks!

ok - i'm going to add an idea for the ULTIMATE re-release of songs

if they could go through all of the vocal takes and create a Greatest Hits but using alt versions not released. re-include missing instrumental breaks, use different vocals, etc.

So far we have:

I Want A Guy - quite a different version and better IMO
    Buttered Popcorn - several versions
    Your Heart - alt
    Baby love - first version
    Stop - early version with earlier vocals
    Back - alt lead vocal
    nothing - extended version w added instrumental breaks
    You Can't hurry love - alt vocal and missing instrumental break
    YKMHO - stop ending and alt, unedited backup vocals
    love is here - early vocal version
    happening - early vocal and version
    Love child - alt vocal and missing verse
    shame - totally different version
    someday - alt vocal
    Everybody - alt vocal
    Floy Joy - alt version and missing instrumental breaks
    Auto Sun - alt vocals and verse
    Walking - alt vocal
    Wheel - alt vocal

i think 4 more songs were found soon after the release of the 1976 Diana Ross cd expanded edition , i was under the impression they would be included in the Ross 78 collection

originally side 1 was all HDH, this far only 1 track has been released but at the time of the recording sessions had another falling out with Berry Gordy and walked out.
    side 2 was , i think to be Masser Ballads
    plenty of out takes left in the vault but BG had Russ remix and several older tracks. i think this was when Ross had enough and took control and told BG," your losing your touch" or something to that effect.

the new mixes of FL and AS on the Mary Wilson set really highlight how different the FJ album could have been. makes me wonder what the other tracks had edited out and what a FJ EE could be like!

ok time to get back on track, Reflections please.