More and more
    Today I fell in love
    Come in from the rain
    Good morning heartache
    Home
    The same love that made me laugh
    Give up....,
    your turn , your fav top fav vocals
    Last edited by daviddh; 01-02-2022 at 12:06 PM.

Home first to see the boss one more chance to admire and don’t mountain high enough i’m love that made me laugh made me cry, you are a baby doll because the last time you saw him you looked in the mirror mirror, tomorrow tomorrow if the world just danced reach out I’ll be there because somethings you never get used to surrender your love babyBecause you’re the force behind the power ,You take us higher and higher remember me as a good thing *There are so many good songs hundreds of them it’s hard to pick

very hard to pick and not simply focus on the big songs that are highlight of her career. I'll try to focus on songs where i just love how she sings it or how she handles the lyric

Little Girl Blue from Touch Me In The Morning album - this is probably her most stunning vocal of her entire discography.

You Are Everything - when diana starts her first verse "Today i saw somebody who looked just like you" the way she adds that little bit of breathiness to "you" is just tingling

the Boss - frankly the whole album. but i'll just stick with the title track. nothing needs to be stated. just incredible. sheer joy

My Man live - tie between the Evening With album and the HBO special from 80. both a homeruns

Carry On - she just rips this apart.

I thought that we were still in love - so heartbreaking and so moving

you can't hurry love - it's easy to write this off as a basic pop song. but even though it's an insanely fun song that everyone knows, if you really listen to her delivery, there's so much urgency as she pleads. although everyone sings along with it, no one can really do it justice

Mountain - she ability to effortless transition from those dramatic spoken segments to singing to that magic of the ending

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Never listened to this one before, great track!

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    very hard to pick and not simply focus on the big songs that are highlight of her career. I'll try to focus on songs where i just love how she sings it or how she handles the lyric

Little Girl Blue from Touch Me In The Morning album - this is probably her most stunning vocal of her entire discography.

You Are Everything - when diana starts her first verse "Today i saw somebody who looked just like you" the way she adds that little bit of breathiness to "you" is just tingling

the Boss - frankly the whole album. but i'll just stick with the title track. nothing needs to be stated. just incredible. sheer joy

My Man live - tie between the Evening With album and the HBO special from 80. both a homeruns

I thought that we were still in love - so heartbreaking and so moving

you can't hurry love - it's easy to write this off as a basic pop song. but even though it's an insanely fun song that everyone knows, if you really listen to her delivery, there's so much urgency as she pleads. although everyone sings along with it, no one can really do it justice

Mountain - she ability to effortless transition from those dramatic spoken segments to singing to that magic of the ending
    I have to agree with you, sup! For me, her most stunning vocals would include Little Girl Blue, the entire The Boss [and Lady Sings the Blues and Baby, It's Me] albums.

very hard to pick and not simply focus on the big songs that are highlight of her career.
    My favorites would include non-hits and album tracks like All the Befores, Today I Fell in Love, Summertime, It's Hard for Me to Say and the hits Remember Me and Missing You.

That should be ten, knowing full well I cheated by including whole albums . But choosing ten favorite "best" vocals was an impossible task anyway

I was just focusing on her solo vocals. The Supremes records are a whole other universe! But you are most perceptive about You Can't Hurry Love. A critic/reviewer once wrote that it was "hard not to admire...how Diana Ross rode the waves of the Motown Sound like a surfer" [I can't remember the exact quote]. I don't think he was referencing YCH, but I immediately thought of that song and vocal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    But you are most perceptive about You Can't Hurry Love. A critic/reviewer once wrote that it was "hard not to admire...how Diana Ross rode the waves of the Motown Sound like a surfer" [I can't remember the exact quote]. I don't think he was referencing YCH, but I immediately thought of that song and vocal performance.
    YCHL is my all-time favorite song. i could literally listen to it nonstop on a desert island. it's such a part of the general pop landscape - always on rotation on oldies channels, in movies and tv shows, etc. everyone can easily sing along with it but it's very hard to really replicate her passionate vocal. given that she was only 22 when she recorded it is all the more incredible. there are so many subtle nuances to her phrasing and line. and these are what make it hard to really repeat her performance.

just perfect in every sense

No One Gets The Prize
    Surrender
    Never Say I Dont Love You
    You Got It
    Baby Doll
    Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
    Always In My Heart
    99 & half
    Brown Baby
    Now That Youre Gone

This was so very hard given so many wonderful performances:

Everything Is Good About You
    Why [[Must We Fall In Love)
    Touch Me In The Morning
    I Thought It Took A Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love)
    Love Hangover
    Come In From The Rain
    You Are Everything
    Give Up
    Let Somebody Know
    Time To Call