[REMOVE ADS]

Can you imagine if Diana Ross sang : Hallelujah: Wouldn’t it be nice to hear Diana Ro

Wouldn’t it be nice to hear Diana Ross in her prime singing this song who knows maybe she recorded it she’s got a home studio she can do whatever she wants , beautiful song
    Last edited by after you; 12-29-2021 at 03:07 PM.

In my opinion, although this song contains one of the most beautiful melodies and chord structures, I am hesitant to say that the lyrics themselves have any relevance to what Diana Ross has ever wanted to have expressed when she sings.

As a church musician, I always cringe when someone requests that Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" be sung at a service. Again, just because it has some Biblical references and uses the word "Halleluhah" over and over doesn't make it a sacred piece of music.

And yes, Lurlean, I do know that, because the music itself is so beautiful, there are those who have written their own lyrics which make the song appropriate to be used in religious settings.

Beautiful music/terrible lyrics for Diana Ross.

I don't think Diana has enough believability to sell a song like H. While I'm sure she's religious, you have to "feel" numbers like this. That's why she's the Queen of Pop, not Soul.

If Diana Ross would record of this song in her 70s Hiedi she would’ve killed it,Along the lines with her song home one more chance and many others that were very powerful who knows maybe she recorded this

As well as “Hallelujah”, i would have loved Diana to have recorded “Un Bel Di Vedremo” from Madame Butterfly. I guess there’s still time.