[REMOVE ADS]

Diana poses front and center in Christmas PJs family portrait with kids & grandkids

The legendary Diana Ross posed front and center in an epic Christmas family portrait featuring all seven of her grandchildren, three of whom posed atop their brand new bikes.

In it, the twice-divorced 77-year-old flashed her mega-watt grin while clad in Santa Claus slippers and the same striped PJs as the rest of her many family members.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-portrait.html

Great picture

In some respects, so much like the rest of us

It's a nice photo.

I hate it though when stupid or needless details are included in these short articles/news pieces these days, I assume in order to add content to the piece. "
    the twice-divorced 77-year-old"......
    Why is that necessary to the body of this story on a photo of the Ross family at Christmas? Diana doesn't appear to be a sulking, twice divorced 77 year-old, depressed about Christmas! Sorry for the rant, lol.
    Last edited by DWSheffer; 12-27-2021 at 09:18 AM.

The Ross family always do a Christmas photo -- A good one this year. Is Chudney's daughter on her shoulder ? Also, I don't see Rhonda.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    The Ross family always do a Christmas photo -- A good one this year. Is Chudney's daughter on her shoulder ? Also, I don't see Rhonda.
    Isn't that Rhonda just behind Diana, between Tracee and Chudney?

I'm a bad person, but my first thought seeing this was the Christmas Eve radio broadcast scene from Mommy Dearest. OH well, at least the Ross family isn't posing with semi automatic rifles like certain families of Republican congress members.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Isn't that Rhonda just behind Diana, between Tracee and Chudney?
    I thought that might be Rhonda's son.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I thought that might be Rhonda's son.
    No that's Rhonda's son. Maybe Rhonda took the pic.

You're right Cap.

"Though Diana's eldest daughter Rhonda didn't attend the family gathering, she reposted the same photo on her Instagram, writing, "Happy Holidays, Family!""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...?ocid=msedgntp

I saw the pic and asked, “why?”

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I saw the pic and asked, “why?”
    I saw this post and asked, "why?"

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I'm a bad person, but my first thought seeing this was the Christmas Eve radio broadcast scene from Mommy Dearest. OH well, at least the Ross family isn't posing with semi automatic rifles like certain families of Republican congress members.

This is almost as horrific as the coat hanger scene lol.
    I don’t know who some are in the Ross family Christmas pic. Surely they would have noticed any gatecrashers.

A lovely picture; I'd be happy to see similar from our other beloved r&b stars. It's always great to see them doing well and surrounded by loved ones.

But Circa, you could also ask, "Why not?"

Looks like Evan's been very good this year ....
    What's an Air Walker?

oh now I see...Evan must be one of those fluttering angels...

not sure why he's dressed in black though

Always in that damn hair of hers. Yes girl, it's still there.

Who's the guy in the mask, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Who's the guy in the mask, lol.
    Her brother Chico.

Isn’t that man Rhondas husband, standing with his children/Rhonda’s bonus kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Isn’t that man Rhondas husband, standing with his children/Rhonda’s bonus kids?
    Rhonda's husband isn't in the photo.

You are right! It is sad however that her husband rarely appears on any pictures or films.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Her brother Chico.
    Thank you reese!

You are right! It is sad however that her husband rarely appears on any pictures or films.
    Maybe he's a private person and does not want to play a part in Ross family publicity efforts to show themselves to the world as a "happy" family? And better yet, the family respects him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Maybe he's a private person and does not want to play a part in Ross family publicity efforts to show themselves to the world as a "happy" family? And better yet, the family respects him for that.
    I agree, especially since the family is constantly whoring Rhonda's son around. It's unfortunate that when you marry into the Ross family that you marry the entire family.

I have met him a couple times. He very friendly, likable, and personable. I got the impression he is very much part of the family, but chooses to stay out of the pics.

I agree, especially since the family is constantly whoring Rhonda's son around. It's unfortunate that when you marry into the Ross family that you marry the entire family.
    It does appear like that.

those clumsy slippers can be dangerous

Ironic how tight this family is versus the family of Gladys Knight Aretha Franklin and other divas

It would be very easy to be jealous of Diana and her family

At the present time, Tracee is a bigger, more current star/woman of the moment than Diana

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Ironic how tight this family is versus the family of Gladys Knight Aretha Franklin and other divas

On the contrary, what a wonderfully close-nit family they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I have met him a couple times. He very friendly, likable, and personable. I got the impression he is very much part of the family, but chooses to stay out of the pics.
    Rodney Kendrick is a very accomplished, and working, musician. Among other career achievements, he is the pianist on Abbey Lincoln's "A Turtle's Dream" CD -- an otherworldly jazz delight from 1996. I also believe he has older children, and grandchildren. His absence from the Ross family festivities is quite understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    On the contrary, what a wonderfully close-nit family they appear.
    That’s definitely how people should feel - but it doesn’t seem that everyone feels that way

Probably holding it down. If not, we wouldn't be able to see anybody but her.

How are they "whoring" Rhonda's son? He seems to have the spark and loves the spotlight. Diana is in a position to give it to him, so why not? As for Rhonda's husband, I won't presume to know how he feels about the Rosses. I do know many people who love their in laws and enjoy being included as genuine family and not a "other". Unless a family is full of mess, I don't see how that's unfortunate at all.

At the present time, Tracee is a bigger, more current star/woman of the moment than Diana
    I honestly don't believe all these people you think are jealous of Diana are actually jealous of Diana. I'm sure if they all sat down and talked honestly about their lives, past and present, Diana and her peers would all find things about each other that they wish they possessed or glad that they don't.

One thing I know about families, learning it more and more as I grow older: looks can be deceiving. I don't mean to imply that all is not well in the Ross family. I have no way of knowing that. But I won't make presumptions about Diana's family in comparison to anyone else's because of some cute Christmas pictures. Gladys, Aretha, and Diana too, surely have had family issues and drama. It's life.

Rhonda posted on Facebook today that she was absent because she had covid

oh so,
    that's why they are all so close together without masks .....!!!!!!

Where was this photo made? Is the setting part of a hotel suite? Is it someone in the family's home? In New York? In California?

I hate to agree, but I do indeed agree. I always love hearing about successful, independent family members and offspring of our favorite performers, but sadly those stories are few and far between. From my privileged position of being absolutely no-where's near Diana and her family I am able to say that one thing anyone sane cannot take away from the lady is that she knows how to 'family'. I have felt for decades that lots of career decisions the lady made were made in favor of 'being there' for her family vs a great career move.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-23-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    Where was this photo made? Is the setting part of a hotel suite? Is it someone in the family's home? In New York? In California?
    Her mansion in Connecticut I believe

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    As for Rhonda's husband, I won't presume to know how he feels about the Rosses. I do know many people who love their in laws and enjoy being included as genuine family and not a "other". Unless a family is full of mess, I don't see how that's unfortunate at all.
    Rodney Kendrick plays piano on -- and co-produced -- "Count on Me" on the Thank You album. Doesn't say much about how he feels about the in-laws, of course!

I’ve only just realised that Diana looks superimposed.