[REMOVE ADS]

the Supremes' "All I Want" connection to the Kennedy Center Honors

I was thrilled to see Berry Gordy, along with several of my other favorite icons, receive recognition during the Kennedy Center Honors show last night.

The Joni Mitchell segment was awesome, and it was a joy to experience some of her catalogue of songs. Did you know that she wrote "All I Want" which was included on the 'controversial' Jimmy Webb album by the Supremes in 1973?

I love the studio version with Jean on the lead; however I enjoy this live version after Jean had left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bafHBEoI9hA

..... what a tangled Webb, the music business

fly in my beautiful ba--- llooooon!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-23-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I love the studio version with Jean on the lead; however I enjoy this live version after Jean had left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bafHBEoI9hA
    The “live" version, with Mary, Cindy and Scherrie, imho, is one of the best performances given by any version of the Supremes. It really gave each member the opportunity to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    The “live" version, with Mary, Cindy and Scherrie, imho, is one of the best performances given by any version of the Supremes. It really gave each member the opportunity to shine.
    I agree. It has got to be one of my very favorite live performances, although I think it was performed to a pre-recorded track. There was a discussion here a few years back about how the track was rushed or something. I forget.
    Here it is embedded:

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I agree. It has got to be one of my very favorite live performances, although I think it was performed to a pre-recorded track. There was a discussion here a few years back about how the track was rushed or something. I forget.
    Here it is embedded:
    Thank you for 'embedding' the YouTube link. I only know how to cut and paste the link; however, I don't know how to embed as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Thank you for 'embedding' the YouTube link. I only know how to cut and paste the link; however, I don't know how to embed as you did.
    When you are writing you post and you want to embed the youtube video, click this button: Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 8.01.20 PM.png
Views: 263
Size:  5.8 KB
    and paste the link there. It will then show up as mine did with a clickable image of the video rather than a URL.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    When you are writing you post and you want to embed the youtube video, click this button: Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 8.01.20 PM.png
Views: 263
Size:  5.8 KB
    and paste the link there. It will then show up as mine did with a clickable image of the video rather than a URL.
    Thank you!!!!

Was never a fan but, it held up. Really well.sweet.
    Thx

this is still just the studio version w Jean but this is wonderful live footage of MJC in Niles, IL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmgFBSmoLmc

As much as I love Jean's voice, I do prefer the multi-lead version by Mary, Scherrie & Cindy a bit more. Mary must have felt some kinship to Joni Mitchell as she sang Both Sides Now in her Up Close shows, too.