[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations announce new lead singer, Tony Grant

From SoulTracks.com-

By nearly any measure, they are the greatest R&B vocal group of all time. Mention soul music in the 1960s and 70s, and you’ll almost certainly start with The Temptations. And the Temptin' Tempts continue their legacy, now in the middle of their 60th Anniversary tour and readying a brand new album. And they have also announced that they have a brand new lead singer.
    Last year, the Tempts brought in singer Mario Corbino to fill in the legendary shoes of David Ruffin, Dennis Edwards and Ali Woodson. But Corbino is not on the current tour – the Tempts have been performing many recent shows as a quartet -- and last week the Temptations introduced to an Orlando, Florida audience their new lead singer [and 26th member of The Temptations], Tony Grant.
    A North Carolina native, the 54 year old Grant first came to our attention in the late 90s as the replacement for Marc Nelson in the popular vocal group AzYet. He later performed as a singer and actor in more than a dozen popular stageplays, including the Tyler Perry vehicles Why Did I Get Married and Love Ain’t Supposed to Hurt.
    Grant is a solid singer who now lands in one of the most iconic acts of all time. Check out his debut performance of “My Girl” at that Orlando show, below, and join us in wishing him a great run with the Temptations.
    By Chris Rizik

Starts at the 53:46 minute mark:

I knew they were fibbing about Corbino being ill. He lasted about as long as Rick Owens. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Starts at the 53:46 minute mark:
    Thanks for posting the clip lockhartgary! The Tempts' new lead singer Tony Grant sounds good doing "My Girl" and let's hope that at all goes well with him & the group.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 12-24-2021 at 11:19 AM.

He's last long enough to realize he is doing the lion's share of the work and Otis is getting the money. When he asks Otis for a raise he'll be shown the door like all the others before him

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    He's last long enough to realize he is doing the lion's share of the work and Otis is getting the money. When he asks Otis for a raise he'll be shown the door like all the others before him
    There's a pattern, so I know that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeNuYorker View Post
    All business, no magic

That went in the 60’s

are the Temptations supposed to have a lead singer

Shoulda just rewarded the loyal Terry Weeks with the lead spot and tried to find a Paul Williams-a-like

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks for posting the clip lockhartgary! The Tempts' new lead singer Tony Grant sounds good doing "My Girl" and let's hope that at all goes well with him & the group.
    You are very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeNuYorker View Post
    Here we go again!
    According to the Detroit Free Press - 6/6/22 - the Melvin Franklin bass, Jawan Jackson, from "Ain't To Proud " and "Motown: The Musical " is now a real Temp!!! And somehow he's gonna finish out the ATP run and "do acting work. " " I'm a lifelong Melvin Franklin/Temps fan...now I can be not Melvin but Jawan." Huhnn??! Art imitating life imitating art imitating...!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Here we go again!
    According to the Detroit Free Press - 6/6/22 - the Melvin Franklin bass, Jawan Jackson, from "Ain't To Proud " and "Motown: The Musical " is now a real Temp!!! And somehow he's gonna finish out the ATP run and "do acting work. " " I'm a lifelong Melvin Franklin/Temps fan...now I can be not Melvin but Jawan." Huhnn??! Art imitating life imitating art imitating...!
    And people said the Supremes were a revolving door in the 70s. How many Temptations have there been now? 80?