[REMOVE ADS]

Ain't Too Proud performances canceled at Kennedy Center

Hours before Wednesday’s first performance of “Ain’t Too Proud — The Life and Times of the Temptations,” the Kennedy Center canceled the first two weeks of the Broadway tour because of a coronavirus outbreak in the company.

The remaining 25 performances will begin Dec. 28 and continue through Jan. 16 in the Opera House. The arts center is contacting patrons with tickets to the 15 canceled shows to reschedule or to offer a gift certificate or refund.

Yep, here we go again. Broadway cancelled shows too last night including Tina Turner and the new Michael Jackson musical, which is just starting previews. Starting to feel like March 2020 again.
    Last edited by milven; 12-17-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Yep, here we go again. Broadway cancelled shows too last night including Tina Turner and the new Michael Jackson musical, which is just starting previews. Starting to feel like March 2020 again.
    I saw that there seemed to be a wave of Broadway cancellations last weekend. Darlene Love sent a message on Facebook saying that some of her shows might be cancelled or postponed as well due to one of her company testing positive.

So sad all around. I was in NYC Thanksgiving weekend and it was so nice to see live theater again. I can only imagine the disappointment that ticketholders to the cancelled performances are feeling, especially out-of-towners. But safety comes first.

UPDATE: Darlene just posted a subsequent message saying that she and her band have all tested negative twice since last weekend. Good news.
    Last edited by reese; 12-17-2021 at 12:04 PM.

It really is sad. I have not been to a show since the March 2020 closing and was this close to finally seeing one this weekend. There were still three great premium seats available for a preview of the Michael Jackson musical. I was on phone discussing if we should get them, and then the news of the cancellation. Perhaps it was good news as I was a little anxious about driving into city during the Christmas season. Driving is impossible.

Patrons were actually in their seats at Moulin Rouge last night when they were told that the performance was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    UPDATE: Darlene just posted a subsequent message saying that she and her band have all tested negative twice since last weekend. Good news.
    Today's THE VIEW was taped earlier in the week, and Darlene was still in quarantine then, and so she appeared remotely to speak and thank the VIEW for keeping the LETTERMAN tradition going, and said that she will be back next year to do it. Then they showed a compilation of her past appearances on the show

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Today's THE VIEW was taped earlier in the week, and Darlene was still in quarantine then, and so she appeared remotely to speak and thank the VIEW for keeping the LETTERMAN tradition going, and said that she will be back next year to do it. Then they showed a compilation of her past appearances on the show
    I caught Darlen this morning. It must have been so disappointing for her as she was looking forward to it so much. She had even posted that she was going to have a special guest perform with her, as she has done in previous years. But at least we know she and her group have subsequently tested negative.

I’m so sorry to have missed that, her record is among my favorite, or is my favorite Christmas single of all time.