[REMOVE ADS]

Mariah Carey’s biggest regret like Ross sang it’s never to late

Mariah Carey chatted with Access Hollywood about her new Mariah Menu at McDonald’s. The music icon has accomplished a lot in her career, but there’s one project she wishes would have happened: an “All About Eve” remake with Diana Ross. Mariah also reacts to her Christmas classic “All I Want For Christmas Is You” becoming the first holiday song ever to earn 1 billion streams and be certified Diamond by the RIAA. The Mariah Menu is available through the McDonald’s app Dec. 13 through Dec. 24.Mariah Carey’s biggest regret

https://www.accessonline.com/videos/...-in-her-career

What does the thread title even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    What does the thread title even mean?
    Well, I forced myself to watch the entire clip, and Diana Ross was only mentioned briefly in the "All About Eve" context mentioned by after you. Other than that, I didn't catch any more references to Diana especially regarding singing? after you implied that Mariah was talking about Ross' song "It's Never too Late." Who knows? Yeah, the thread title was awkward. What was meant by 'like Ross sang'? Maybe some punctuation would have helped. Unless one is a Mariah fan, don't watch it expecting any substantial revelations about Diana Ross.

I think Afteryou is saying that it's not too late for Diana and Mariah to do a musical remake of All About Eve. Of course, a musical version of All About Eve has already been done. The Broadway show Applause. Though it was never made into a movie.

A big problem with trying to do Applause/All About Eve with Diana and Mariah is that both are way too old for the roles of Margo and Eve. Mariah is now past 50 and that's not an age for scheming ingenues looking to suplant an established diva.

I suppose the only way it could work is to make Diana the lead diva in a "The Villages" style retirement community annual Community theater musical show. And Mariah plays the wife of a recent retiree who's moved to The Villages and decides to worm her way into Diana's life so she can usurp the star role in the annual musical.

It could work as an out and out comedy. But given that Diana Ross is now all about 24/7 positivity and uplift she may not want to tackle such a role, if she were to ever make a movie again. I think Diana Ross would only do a Hallmark channel type movie if she were ever to go in front of a camera to act again, based on the content of the Thank You album.
    Last edited by Spreadinglove21; 12-13-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    A big problem with trying to do Applause/All About Eve with Diana and Mariah is that both are way too old for the roles of Margo and Eve. Mariah is now past 50 and that's not an age for scheming ingenues looking to suplant an established diva.

I suppose the only way it could work is to make Diana the lead diva in a "The Villages" style retirement community annual Community theater musical show. And Mariah plays the wife of a recent retiree who's moved to The Villages and decides to worm her way into Diana's life so she can usurp the star role in the annual musical.
    I’m sure Diana and Mariah would jump at the chance.....Not lol.
    One can only pray it never happens.

Well, Mariah said at the end of the clip that if they flip it, meaning Mariah would play Miss Channing, they could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Well, Mariah said at the end of the clip that if they flip it, meaning Mariah would play Miss Channing, they could do it.
    Allowing for stage adaptions, i think it speaks volumes there has never been a film remake of All About Eve. The original film cast were all perfectly wonderful in their individual roles, with Bette Davis in particular giving the performance of a lifetime.
    Diana is now certainly to old for such a part, but who do you think here in 2021 would make for a good Margo Channing and Eve Harrington.

^I would not now or ever want to see a remake of this film. I just could not see the same care being given to a remake that was given to the original. The dialogue is A1, the performances, the chemistry, the direction, the PASSION! I don't even want to think about it.

You can't beat the original classic All About Eve. A remake with Mariah and Diana may have worked during Diana's Double Platinum days but not now. Diana is an excellent actress, especially in Lady Sings The Blues and Out of Darkness, but Mariah maybe not so much. It would have had possibilities 30 years ago, now not so much. I would leave this as an unfulfilled possibility.

anyone on here ever seen Glitter?

yeah

there never would have, nor will there ever, be a movie with Diana Ross and Mariah Carey

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

yeah

there never would have, nor will there ever, be a movie with Diana Ross and Mariah Carey
    My ex used to say, "She shoulda called it Gutter. It woulda been a smash."

yeah

I never had the chance to see it until this past summer. I was expecting a train wreck but I actually enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    My ex used to say, "She shoulda called it Gutter. It woulda been a smash."
    lolol - i love that!!

the movie is wonderfully hideous.

lolol - i love that!!

the movie is wonderfully hideous.
    I'm with you and reese--I found it very entertaining. Albeit in an Afterschool-Special kinda way.