[REMOVE ADS]

"All is Well" by Diana Ross. Christmas Holiday song with Diana Ross' stellar vocals.

Diana Ross' new album has a Holiday Gift Cover. This song should be marketed as a new song standard for Christmas. The current video could be re-fashioned with Christmas floral wreaths and holiday decor. So much festive beauty "On display". TV performances on the late talk shows would make sales of this album soar! "It's Never Too Late". Oh my, this album is Show Business!

It's SO coincidental that you say this, TNSUN. Driving home this evening I played my TY cd for, oh, the 1,872nd time, when AIW came on I thought 'Wow - what an appropriate song for holiday season'. I hope All Is Well with you -

I suppose the song could work as a comfort song for those disappointed by not getting a present they wanted. Remind them there are more important things in life then getting ahold of some momentary material object of desire.

All Is Well is lame.

I am sure it could be less lame if put into the hands of the right person. As it stands now, it’s lame and tedious, and I could not tell you how the song ends because I could never make it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    All Is Well is lame.

I am sure it could be less lame if put into the hands of the right person. As it stands now, it’s lame and tedious, and I could not tell you how the song ends because I could never make it that far.

It does seem to go on and on ...@ 4:32 its literally longer than ENDLESS LOVE ....but that song was supposed to be .....endless.

I don't see how this is heard as a Christmas song [?] ... wrong time of year being described ...long green grass a growing and twisty rivers a flowing hardly connotes a winter wonderland...
    It's lacking in caroling stimuli or yuletide enjoy[to the world]ment.

And far from dashing through the snow, listening to the song feels more like a trudging through the mud.... very heavy ....mud.

just don't hear it, silverbells, sorry!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-13-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    It does seem to go on and on ...@ 4:32 its literally longer than ENDLESS LOVE ....but that song was supposed to be .....endless.

I don't see how this is heard as a Christmas song [?] ... wrong time of year being described ...long green grass a growing and twisty rivers a flowing hardly connotes a winter wonderland...
    It's lacking in caroling stimuli or yuletide enjoy[to the world]ment.

And far from dashing through the snow, listening to the song feels more like a trudging through the mud.... very heavy ....mud.

just don't hear it, silverbells, sorry!
    Not Christmassy sounding in the slightest. I certainly agree that it does tend to go on bit. Should have been made a minute shorter at the very least.
    For me it’s the only song on the album where Diana’s voice starts to sound uncomfortable towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Not Christmassy sounding in the slightest. I certainly agree that it does tend to go on bit. Should have been made a minute shorter at the very least.
    For me it’s the only song on the album where Diana’s voice starts to sound uncomfortable towards the end.
    Uncomfortable is a choice word. The video is somehow uncomfortable.

My impression is Diana goes off script , there are no refrains, and its almost as if she's drifted into a chant ...and maybe insisted it be released just like that .... towards the end she gets underlying vocal support to lengthen and thicken those [strained] notes.

Uncomfortable is a choice word. The video is somehow uncomfortable.

My impression is Diana goes off script , there are no refrains, and its almost as if she's drifted into a chant ...and maybe insisted it be released just like that .... towards the end she gets underlying vocal support to lengthen and thicken those [strained] notes.
    Laboured with a generous helping of cheese is the best way i would describe it.
    As you previously mention, it’s the musical equivalent of trudging through mud. Her voice becomes rather ragged and unattractive sounding towards towards the end, while it seems to go on and on and on. Not the worst ever, but certainly no classic to my ears.

It's interesting, but of all the songs on Thank You, All is Well appears to be the most polarizing, despite the intent of the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    It's interesting, but of all the songs on Thank You, All is Well appears to be the most polarizing, despite the intent of the lyrics.
    It certainly has a lot to answer for.

Her face appears to have been pulled so tight, she can hardly open her mouth. I think I know what she did during the Covid shutdown.

I have to admit .... that youtube link at first I thought why is Janet Jackson on there

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    All Is Well is lame.
    It’s the only song on the album that my immediate family, friends, distant cousins and casual acquaintances seem to dislike.

Not to mention that hardly 'all is well' this Christmas...

our second dark winter ... my plans suddenly screwed by Covid fears of others, panic running amuck with Beavis and Butthead at the helm with nary a solution in sight, despite running on a platform promising that.

Remember when Biden/Harris tried to make it seem that Covid was [somehow] all Trumps fault and that they when elected were going to focus on fixing it like a lazer beam. Well here we are after a year of their lazer beaming:

https://fortune.com/2021/12/08/searc...9-tests-worse/

Covid deaths this year have now surpassed the toll in 2020 with 350,000 since Inauguration Day.[Wall St Journal, Nov. 25, 2021]

well....et tu Brute.?

No, ALL IS WELL is not an a good choice for a Christmas song in 2021.

our second dark winter ... my plans suddenly screwed by Covid fears of others, panic running amuck with Beavis and Butthead at the helm with nary a solution in sight, despite running on a platform promising that.

Remember when Biden/Harris tried to make it seem that Covid was [somehow] all Trumps fault and that they when elected were going to focus on fixing it like a lazer beam. Well here we are after a year of their lazer beaming:

well....et tu Brute.?

Not the most apt of lyrics considering what’s going down in the world. Favourite line of the song has to be “What is isn’t, what isn’t is”.
    Something like the punchy and upbeat “Tomorrow” is what was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Not the most apt of lyrics considering what’s going down in the world. Favourite line of the song has to be “What is isn’t, what isn’t is”.
    up side down is right side up??

Remember when Biden/--Harris tried to make it seem that Covid was [somehow] all Trumps fault and that they when elected were going to focus on fixing it like a lazer beam. Well here we are after a year of their lazer beaming:
    What a disingenous thing to say. It was Trump's response [[eg denial, ridiculous comments like suggesting bleach, disavowing Fauci's expert advice) that was the issue. Not that Trunp CAUSED covid.

But now your leaders need to deal with a much more infectious variant, even though it MAY cause less hospitalisations and complications.

Anyway - the song sucks as much as the quoted comment :[

Oh yes... Merry Xmas...

well....et tu Brute.?

the pandemic began months after Trump eviscerated the catastrophic disease department. We became the only industrialized nation without that luxury. Then, months after it was made known there was a pandemic, this numbskull was still saying it wasn’t a bad thing it’s no different than getting the flu. He also even hinted at the fact that maybe injecting our bodies with Clorox would be a good idea. He also said when the summer came out it would kill the pandemic because it didn’t like warm weather. By the time he began to admit, begrudgingly, that there was a pandemic we were months behind and hospitals were filling up. We have never caught up with the devastation to the healthcare system workers and PPE. Joe Biden never said Trump was responsible or invented the pandemic that’s what fools who say that Biden stole the election trying to sell. The entire world knows the United States was ridiculous in its response to the pandemic. And that’s what Joe Biden was saying. And it was true. I was in the hospital for months with this and I saw healthcare workers dragging working 120 hour weeks. Don’t get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    the pandemic began months after Trump eviscerated the catastrophic disease department. We became the only industrialized nation without that luxury. Then, months after it was made known there was a pandemic, this numbskull was still saying it wasn’t a bad thing it’s no different than getting the flu. He also even hinted at the fact that maybe injecting our bodies with Clorox would be a good idea. He also said when the summer came out it would kill the pandemic because it didn’t like warm weather. By the time he began to admit, begrudgingly, that there was a pandemic we were months behind and hospitals were filling up. We have never caught up with the devastation to the healthcare system workers and PPE. Joe Biden never said Trump was responsible or invented the pandemic that’s what fools who say that Biden stole the election trying to sell. The entire world knows the United States was ridiculous in its response to the pandemic. And that’s what Joe Biden was saying. And it was true. I was in the hospital for months with this and I saw healthcare workers dragging working 120 hour weeks. Don’t get me started.

Misrepresenting people and their words doesn't get to truth ...

An iodine flushing of the sinuses is currently being suggested as a preventive.

No , no one has said Biden has claimed Trump was 'responsible ' or 'invented' COVID, , but Biden did say:
    "If the president had done his job, had done his job from the beginning, all the people .....would still be alive. All the people. I'm not making this up. Just look at the data." ....

It's quite a different thing, spinning what someone is saying ... rather than quoting their speech precisely .... as when someone goes on record stating this:

and then does even worse themselves .....shouldn't that person by their own standards step down and resign?? That is if they stand by the words they put forth ...and if they are driven from a moral compass where they mean what they say .