[REMOVE ADS]

Lady Sings The Blues 50th Anniversary

I have a friend who begged to join me when the Central Park concert was shown in theaters. She will love this.

My. Goodness. 50 years. And, JR, what a nice find. I'll be there!

Thanks for the info. I'll be there, too!

How exciting. I sure won’t miss this.

For a second I got really excited thinking it was a deluxe cd package.
    Considering how huge the soundtrack was at the time of its release, it’s interesting how it tends to get overlooked when discussing expanded editions.
    Probably the best singing of Diana’s career imo, and one that is long overdue a remastered edition.

The 50th Anniversary of the movie and The Soundtrack of "Lady Sings The Blues" deserves a release of the movie with all the deleted scenes and all recorded songs added to the movie and soundtrack.

Thank you for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    The 50th Anniversary of the movie and The Soundtrack of "Lady Sings The Blues" deserves a release of the movie with all the deleted scenes and all recorded songs added to the movie and soundtrack.
    Not the deleted scenes added into the movie! I don't like when they do that. They did that to the Friday film dvd and it slows the movie down so much. I'd just like the deleted scenes remastered. I would like a full version of "Mean to me", though

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Not the deleted scenes added into the movie! I don't like when they do that. They did that to the Friday film dvd and it slows the movie down so much. I'd just like the deleted scenes remastered. I would like a full version of "Mean to me", though
    I would love a remastered CD with full versions of each of the songs and outtakes, but without the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I would love a remastered CD with full versions of each of the songs and outtakes, but without the dialogue.
    There was a Lady Sings the Blues album released without the dialogue. I much prefer it over the one with dialogue. However at the time of release. I loved it. Just because there was no DVDs or videos to watch the movie whenever you wanted to.

Since it was such a great seller, I'm surprised it hasn't been remastered. I would love to get the songs without the dramatic scenes [[which I loved when the album came out), especially Our Love Is Here To Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Since it was such a great seller, I'm surprised it hasn't been remastered. I would love to get the songs without the dramatic scenes [[which I loved when the album came out), especially Our Love Is Here To Stay.
    My memory is that because this was a movie soundtrack they need permission or approval from several sources and it would not likely be possible for any further type of release.

Maybe someone else remembers this.

I love the dialogue on the album!

What additional recordings are known to exist that would be appropriate as bonus material? I believe there is an instrumental version of at least one song that was issued as a 7" side only but not included on the soundtrack LP. The Blinky anthology has an extended clean-sounding version of her song. I agree that it would be great to have clean/extended versions of the songs that have talking and sound effects.

Sevearal LP acetates of LSTB surfaced in the last decades. They contain many alternate takes and some songs not originally included on the final double LP:
    - Crazy He Calls Me
    - In My Solitude
    - Padded Cell [[this one is an instrumental)

Thank you Laurent!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    My memory is that because this was a movie soundtrack they need permission or approval from several sources and it would not likely be possible for any further type of release.

Maybe someone else remembers this.
    That doesn't explain how it was ever released on cd in the first place. There have been zillions if not trillions of musical film soundtracks released over the years. I wonder why LSTB is such an issue. **Perhaps George or Andy would be kind enough to shed some light**