[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The release date has been pushed back to January 7th. However, the pre-order price has been reduced by $3, down to $26.99:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09H5HF5TL/?tag=imwan-20

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    most of the time when there’s an advance announcement, even an advance ordering offer, the product has not yet been produced. This may be for many reasons, including that everything may not be finalized as to what will be included but it could be many other reasons. Currently the world is experiencing extreme shipping delays and shortages of components and ingredients add little things essential to making big things. Farmers in the United States cannot get their crops shipped to people around the world who are waiting for them. This is a horrible, perhaps unsolvable, situation everyone on the planet is experiencing. I share your frustration, but it is what it is end it has not diminish my support for the product. I’m not all that wild about the material, but I believe that everybody who is interested in the Supremes and Mary would be happy if it were possible for them to purchase this product in hopes that other products may become available due to demand.

this entire year has been weird, the whole world is topsy-turvy and that includes the unexpected passing of mary wilson. It’s almost just as weird that they’re issuing this anthology at all, let alone in physical form. I will get my copy And I will find a source for people in the UK if it is not offered there. We all share the same common interest.
    An insightful and astute post MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    An insightful and astute post MM.
    There's a pretty intense level of anxiety here about a CD release.

In Canada where I live, the Provincial Health Authorities routinely tell us to be kind and understanding and put it into practice daily because covid has brought so much anxiety and strong feelings about vaccinations and unvaccinated people.

I'm sure there will be a way to purchase this CD somehow in the next couple of months; as someone else indicated, it's quite remarkable that this has made it to release; most of us who will purchase it are in an older age group where having it on CD is a treat.

I'm learning to stream; I have Apple Music; and I have to say, it's pretty cool; you don't need any players; you don't need cds; you can switch around pretty conveniently. But I must admit, if it weren't for my children, I wouldn't have had a clue.

The Real Gone web site shows 12/17 as the release date for the Mary Wilson Anthology which contradicts the emails we all got.

Just FYI, The BJ Thomas "In Remembrance" album, which previously had the same early December release date as the Mary Wilson, has also been bumped, all the way to 02/04/22, a whole two months.

So at least we'll have Mary Wilson in hand much sooner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I will never understand why people cut off their nose to spite their face... but clearly they do.

While some people have chosen to cancel their order for the Mary Wilson Anthology that they know they would enjoy simply because it won't arrive by Christmas Day, I guess the rest of us will have to enjoy our copies of Mary Wilson Anthology whenever they finally arrive. Some people create their own drama, but the trick is not to get involved in it.
    my money, my choice as a consumer , my drama [[by posting you involved yourself paradoxically)

enjoy your copy when it arrives

it’s not as if Mary will financially benefit sadly

"like I said previously I’m no longer buying it so irrelevant to me"

So then why continue to down it?

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    my money, my choice as a consumer , my drama [[by posting you involved yourself paradoxically)

enjoy your copy when it arrives

it’s not as if Mary will financially benefit sadly
    But Marys family will thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I just wonder how much the benefit is - $500 might be lucky

If monetary return mattered, Mary needed to be out touring - with Diana

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    "like I said previously I’m no longer buying it so irrelevant to me"

So then why continue to down it?
    a/because I’m still angry & disappointed- as I’m personally entitled to be
    b/ I’m allowed to express an opinion, under the right to free speech.
    c/ I’m not being abusive, degenerating anyone else’s opinion and am abiding by the forum rules.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I certainly can understand the disappointment in the delays, the UK fans not having access to the CD and the Amazon in Canada raising the price. I personally am looking forward to the release. I never expected this to ever happen. Now that she is gone, this may be our very last chance to have a physical CD by Mary released. I know I wished that Walk the Line along with her U , Turn Around singles and Clarity CD would get a release, but that will probably never happen. We are living through tough times. Andy and George have commented on Facebook that they completed the CD but the manufacturing portion is beyond their control. We have patiently waited [[like the 75 Supremes LP said) and when the time comes I will be happy to have it. I appreciate those who feel a different way. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    On the spot, as usual Ms. R.
    After reading this thread, I'm going to buy at least one more copy.

A wonderful and blessed Christmas to you and yours.

Is it really already sold out on Real Gone. I tried to order a copy from their website and it says sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Is it really already sold out on Real Gone. I tried to order a copy from their website and it says sold out.
    Amazon [[US) still has it.

I think there is a hold on new orders until they have the product and that those who pre-ordered get their CDs.

Here is the text of the email I recived:

Thank you for ordering Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology directly from us here at Real Gone Music. Due to unforeseen and unavoidable production delays, we currently estimate that this title will ship to you right around the end of the year. It will not be going to retail in 2021, so you will be the first to have it. However, if you want to cancel your order, please reply to this email and let us know. If you do not want to cancel there is no need to reply to this email. Thanks as always for your support of Real Gone Music

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I think there is a hold on new orders until they have the product and that those who pre-ordered get their CDs.

Here is the text of the email I recived:

Thank you for ordering Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology directly from us here at Real Gone Music. Due to unforeseen and unavoidable production delays, we currently estimate that this title will ship to you right around the end of the year. It will not be going to retail in 2021, so you will be the first to have it. However, if you want to cancel your order, please reply to this email and let us know. If you do not want to cancel there is no need to reply to this email. Thanks as always for your support of Real Gone Music
    and there it is… if you didn’t pre order you won’t be getting it [[first) until it goes to retail next year [[currently an ever changing date)

well Real Gone we in the UK couldn’t pre order because you don’t ship here!!!

. Happy Holidays
    Last edited by mwmr; 12-11-2021 at 05:53 AM.

and there it is… if you didn’t pre order you won’t be getting it [[first) until it goes to retail next year [[currently an ever changing date)

well Real Gone we in the UK couldn’t pre order because you don’t ship here!!!

. Happy Holidays
    Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

[QUOTE=Spreadinglove21;676417]Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

[/

au contraire my dear, you should never assume anything , you don’t know me at all or the kind of person I am in real life

however the irony of posting the Reflections cover…. Another long promised cd set that has also failed to materialise……. ��

I just took a look and got the same message. Amazon has it for pre-order, at $26.99 with a release date of Jan.7. Perhaps RG allotted a certain # of copies to Amazon in advance?

[QUOTE=mwmr;676458]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

[/

au contraire my dear, you should never assume anything , you don’t know me at all or the kind of person I am in real life

however the irony of posting the Reflections cover…. Another long promised cd set that has also failed to materialise……. ��

I'm glad to hear that how you come across in this thread is not a reflection of how you are in your larger day to day life. But I can't help but note that in your defense of yourself you bring up another hurt/grievance/resentment re: The Reflections release or lack thereof.

[QUOTE=Spreadinglove21;676671]

I'm glad to hear that how you come across in this thread is not a reflection of how you are in your larger day to day life. But I can't help but note that in your defense of yourself you bring up another hurt/grievance/resentment re: The Reflections release or lack thereof.
    tbh I don’t really care how I come across to people who I’m extremely highly unlikely to ever meet or whom are not part of my real life.

My husband , family & friends know & love me , the real me and that’s all that matters to me……and I don’t have to defend myself on here one jot.

but yes the lack of Reflections EE is another source of resentment… and that’s been coming pre covid… yawn.

Come on guys, don't go to war over this...

@Spreadinglove, your comments to MWMR are, shall we say, rahther, personal.

@MWMR, I understand your source of resentment...that's why I bought the bootlegs!

Exactly Kenneth...ive had an expanded Reflections for a couple of years now from the German guy so im able to wait as, when and if ever Universal bother.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Exactly Kenneth...ive had an expanded Reflections for a couple of years now from the German guy so im able to wait as, when and if ever Universal bother.
    As touchy as that subject is around here, I am glad I bought all those when they were available, especially considering how long we're waiting for the legitimate releases, hence MWMR's frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    As touchy as that subject is around here, I am glad I bought all those when they were available, especially considering how long we're waiting for the legitimate releases, hence MWMR's frustration.

I have only one word for your selfish actions Kenneth !

....smart !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I have only one word for your selfish actions Kenneth !

....smart !!
    Did you buy them also? I can't say I play all of them a lot, but some of them get played quite often, especially the concept albums, which I think he did the way we always imagined they could be done.

no I didn't. But that sure beats waiting, hoping, that the mighty powers that be will one day be nice enough and finally grace me with the music [that they personally had nothing to do with] I want to listen to ..........or,.....maybe forever not

I know the waiting is frustrating. By the time it's released, all the UK sellers will have copies available and we'll all forget about this as soon as we have it in our hands and we're all listening and relating our impressions

Real Gone has a street date of 1/7/22.

Amazon has a street date of 1/21/22.

I think that it would have been better to announce 1/7/23 as the new target date. Then if it comes through before that date, we'd be relieved to get it early.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    I think that it would have been better to announce 1/7/23 as the new target date. Then if it comes through before that date, we'd be relieved to get it early.
    This is supposed to be a hard CD release, right? They need that because the Mary crowd isn't digital.

I wonder if this is going to happen.

Maybe they are having difficulty getting rights to a piece of it?

It's now available on AmazonUK, with a price of £46.81! and that's with free international shipping. I think I will wait until it's actually in stock in the UK.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09H5HF5...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    It's now available on AmazonUK, with a price of £46.81! and that's with free international shipping. I think I will wait until it's actually in stock in the UK.
    absolutely taking the p**s out of UK fans now … and it’s showing out of stock.

What a way to treat Mary’s fans.

glad I cancelled . I’ll never buy a Real Gone product again

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    Glad to see that it's being offered in the UK. Nice thing about Amazon is you can lock into a price should it go up.

Many time Amazon will put up a page for a release and mark is as Unavailable because they are not taking preorders for it, and they are not sure of the actual release date. This is not unusual. I don't understand the venom towards an excellent record company that is having the same trouble with manufacturing that other companies are having. If they had their way we would have it in our hands already.

absolutely taking the p**s out of UK fans now … and it’s showing out of stock.

What a way to treat Mary’s fans.

glad I cancelled . I’ll never buy a Real Gone product again
    You realize Real Gone doesn’t control the prices. Quit blaming this on them and blame it on the pandemic, inflation, and Brexit which is the reason why the cost is so high. Hell, blame Amazon.

Fine, don’t buy from Real Gone. We’ll hold you to your word while we enjoy our collections.

It's not AmazonUK charging that amount, it's an import seller trying to make a profit. That's why it says out of stock.

Messy.

Mary Wilson The Motown Anthology [[2-CD Set)
    $ 21.99
    *Original Street date was 12/03 but has been bumped to 01/07* THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 01/07/22 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 01/07/22 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    You realize Real Gone doesn’t control the prices. Quit blaming this on them and blame it on the pandemic, inflation, and Brexit which is the reason why the cost is so high. Hell, blame Amazon.

Fine, don’t buy from Real Gone. We’ll hold you to your word while we enjoy our collections.
    Yes all around and we'll hope the real Mary fans understand the current pressures of the world and wait patiently for Real Gone to do their usual, superb job! The set will be worth the unavoidable wait.

Does anyone know where Real Gone presses? I saw my Diana Ross THANK YOU CD was made in Mexico. Maybe that's why it was $8. I'd rather wait and pay an inflated price for USA Made.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes all around and we'll hope the real Mary fans understand the current pressures of the world and wait patiently for Real Gone to do their usual, superb job! The set will be worth the unavoidable wait.
    Honey, these folx saying they ain't buying it are gonna buy it. Trust old Mary Brewster on this one.

I’ll blame it on who I choose. They’re the ones ‘releasing’ this product . I’m not interested in a myriad of excuses.

hold me to my word lol… like I’m accountable to you.

it’s not as if they’re deluging us with releases… but yes I’ll be sticking to my word . That is my right as a consumer as it is yours to purchase and enjoy

happy holidays

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    oh please don’t pull the ‘real fans’ rubbish .

you know zero of how much I’m a fan of Mary’s or my relationship with her.

because I’m angry - which I am entitled to be - does not make me any of a lesser fan, not that I have to justify myself

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Honey, these folx saying they ain't buying it are gonna buy it. Trust old Mary Brewster on this one.
    LOL… trust ME I really won’t be buying it.

LOL… trust ME I really won’t be buying it.
    So by your reasoning, if Honda has a car manufactured in 2005, they’re responsible for why a used car lot is charging double for its actual retail price today. “Well Honda manufactured and released it.” Totally makes sense.

Glad to hear you’re holding yourself to your word. Congrats on completing your Supremes music collection. From here on out, a new Supremes release that could potentially have a newly discovered Mary Wilson or Cindy Birdsong lead you won’t need.

So by your reasoning, if Honda has a car manufactured in 2005, they’re responsible for why a used car lot is charging double for its actual retail price today. “Well Honda manufactured and released it.” Totally makes sense.

Glad to hear you’re holding yourself to your word. Congrats on completing your Supremes music collection. From here on out, a new Supremes release that could potentially have a newly discovered Mary Wilson or Cindy Birdsong lead you won’t need.
    Brad….

Thank you for your congratulations, much appreciated.

At my age, and with my money , and as the consumer I can do as I damn well please

I can love who I want , hate who I want, express my opinion freely , shop where I want … choose to boycott who I want without having to justify myself to you or anyone else

likewise you have the choice to purchase this cd and support Real Gone - and I haven’t questioned yours , or anyone else’s right to do so or been derogatory.

I sincerely hope you, and those who choose to purchase it genuinely enjoy it .

Happy holidays

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This is supposed to be a hard CD release, right? They need that because the Mary crowd isn't digital.

I wonder if this is going to happen.

Maybe they are having difficulty getting rights to a piece of it?
    Just saw this at the the Second Disc website:

Very soon, we'll help celebrate Mary Wilson and B.J. Thomas the way they deserve to be. The game of licensing titles from "the big guys" is not always easy - but we love playing it, we love bringing you interesting stuff, and we'll keep doing it as long as the powers that be let us.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Just saw this at the the Second Disc website:

Very soon, we'll help celebrate Mary Wilson and B.J. Thomas the way they deserve to be. The game of licensing titles from "the big guys" is not always easy - but we love playing it, we love bringing you interesting stuff, and we'll keep doing it as long as the powers that be let us.
    That must be in reference to Universal. What other "big guy" owns the rights to anything other than the solo album?

It can't be easy shipping product at the moment. In the season of goodwill, maybe we should all be a little more understanding.

I personally still feel so much because of Mary Wilson's untimely and surprising passing. The fact that we have had the streaming of her 1979 album was wonderful. I am looking forward to this CD release. These times are hard, there are supply chain problems throughout the World, Omicron variant has been spreading quickly throughout the World. Some European countries are considering lockdown. The US continues to be the hardest hit in the World for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. The UK apparently has trading issues to resolve due to Brexit that has caused a delay and other issues. So, this Cd has been delayed a few times. Life these past few years should show us that impatience does nothing but cause more negativity and problems. I am looking forward to receiving my CDs in the mail, just like I enjoyed my digital downloads. I am happy we will eventually hear this and to have a physical copy. Mary herself was touting her Clarity CD which never was released save a few of the tracks being put out digitally-Life's Been Good To Me, Johnnie Mae and Why Can't We All Get Along. We waited and hoped patiently for a long time for that and the full CD was never released. I would love to have that and Walk The Line released, too. Right now I am pleased to wait for The Motown Anthology. Everyone is different, but I am sure it will be worth the wait for all of us.

And yet another delay…. 4th Feb now on Amazon.com .. [[not uk)