[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Oh lord this is starting to get annoying. I almost forgot I had ordered it until I saw something about it in another thread today.

I don’t blame Real Gone, manufacturers everywhere including where I work are suffering all kinds of delays & holdups due to the pandemic and transport congestions plus rocketing raw material prices.
    BTW Brexit was a year ago, proficient companies solved that one last Jan and if any part of this release involves US product the US never was part of the EU. I’m as frustrated as hell like everyone else but I’m waiting as patiently as I can because I just know it’s gonna be worth it. Not easy though, I agree. How much more must I wait, how much more can I take . . . .

If we can’t blame brexit ,

there must be some way to blame Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    If we can’t blame brexit ,

there must be some way to blame Trump.
    Yes, it's very easy. Trump claimed credit for Brexit.
    Problem solved.

Edit: right wing echo chamber source: https://redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/...idation-n60042

so you are blaming Mary Wilson's delay on Brexit .....

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Yes, it's very easy. Trump claimed credit for Brexit.
    Problem solved.

Edit: right wing echo chamber source: https://redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/...idation-n60042

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    I don’t blame Real Gone, manufacturers everywhere including where I work are suffering all kinds of delays & holdups due to the pandemic and transport congestions plus rocketing raw material prices.
    BTW Brexit was a year ago, proficient companies solved that one last Jan and if any part of this release involves US product the US never was part of the EU. .
    OK you sillly willy's . I'm responding to this post ^. Try to focus!

so you are blaming Mary Wilson's delay on Brexit .....
    No. I'm saying we don't know why it was delayed, but that could be part of it since the OP is in the UK and we know trade has been disrupted by Brexit. My posts have been to urge patience since I don't think it is in Real Gone's control, whatever it may be.

No. I'm saying we don't know why it was delayed, but that could be part of it since the OP is in the UK and we know trade has been disrupted by Brexit. My posts have been to urge patience since I don't think it is in Real Gone's control, whatever it may be.
    As the OP…. Real Gone have a responsibility to their customers. It’s ok sending e mails to those lucky few who managed to pre order but how about a proper update from them via any of the media /social media outlets?

even there website is out of date….

and still no word/announcement on a UK stockist.

fyi . Just received a cd off eBay from a supplier in USA… took 7 days…..
    can’t see it being Brexit

OK so you aren't blaming it on Brexit and by extension Trump. Darn!

But thanks for trying!

It's been delayed Again; this time to Feb. 4th.

The B J Thomas CD on Real Gone is also delayed until February 4th.

OK so you aren't blaming it on Brexit and by extension Trump. Darn!

But thanks for trying!
    But I’m also not not blaming Brexit. I just don’t know so won’t leap to conclusions. I know Brexit has wreaked havoc on trade in the UK so I wouldn’t be at all surprised were it implicated in some way. It’s called not being ideologically biased to believe or not believe explanations that reinforce my own biases.

But I’m also not not blaming Brexit. I just don’t know so won’t leap to conclusions. I know Brexit has wreaked havoc on trade in the UK so I wouldn’t be at all surprised were it implicated in some way. It’s called not being ideologically biased to believe or not believe explanations that reinforce my own biases.
    Excellent . I agree completely with that approach thanxal.

No doubt it’s disappointing to some that we can’t somehow blame this glitch on Trump though.

I think that real gone owes its buyers transparency as to what exactly the hold up is .
    No doubt they aren’t the least bit happy about it either .

I am sure Real Gone wants to make the most money it can and by having this available, maybe garner some new fans to them to buy other products. I think some transparency as to the delays would help. I am patient because CDs are less and less available. I look forward to it, despite the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I am sure Real Gone wants to make the most money it can and by having this available, maybe garner some new fans to them to buy other products. I think some transparency as to the delays would help. I am patient because CDs are less and less available. I look forward to it, despite the delays.
    i’m sure they do want to make the most money & garner new fans but so far the radio silence , mismanagement of consumer expectations and lack of availability is not winning them new fans , far from …

there’s a lot of irritated customers - I’ve had several pvt messages - from people on here who are tempering what they post but are less than happy

These types of delays are unfortunately common and it's out of the label's control. As an example, there is a new Peter Cetera box set that was released this week by Cherry Red, which is a third party reissue label that licenses material from the big record companies, just like Real Gone. This box set was first announced in February 2021 and it was delayed a number of times, until it was released finally this week, almost a full year later since the first announcement. In this particular case, four of the songs that the record company had originally green lighted, were suddenly withdrawn. The record company that owns the licensing on those four songs, decided to change their mind at the final hour. These last minute changes are unfortunate and unpredictable, but out of everyone's control. These third party reissue labels deal with a lot of different variables, due to them not owning the copyrights and masters and due to them not having their own in-house manufacturing. This usually leaves them at the mercy of these external manufacturers, forcing them to compete with ever changing priorities and release schedules dictated by the big record companies, who have the power and leverage of the almighty dollar. Just look at how Adele's album was given manufacturing priority and caused months-long delays for vinyl production, which was already lagging behind due to the pandemic. There are artists who have had to wait several months or more to have their album manufactured, but Adele's album was allowed to jump the line due to the financial incentive for all parties.

I can understand the frustration here but many of these reissue labels are small operations with limited man power and influence, doing their best to churn a profit in an industry where CD's are no longer in huge demand, putting out product on artists who are no longer selling millions of copies, with no direct means to manufacture themselves. Most importantly, they are depending on the big record companies to not only greenlight their projects, but are also depending on them to do so in a financially favourable manner, where they are not having to pay unreasonably high licensing costs. Many of these small label operations are also run by respectable individuals who simply have a passion for the music, like you and I, and don't always have the most sophisticated business and legal team to work with, in order to successfully navigate these issues.

And yes, after all of this, it's your right as an individual to decide whether you wish to purchase their product or not. I for one am thankful that we still have these small labels putting out the releases that we have been asking for. The people who are responsible for getting these releases out the door tend to feel frustrated at times, just as much as us fans, who are waiting for our release wishlists to be fulfilled.

I'm not surprised that Mary's Anthology has been delayed. I'm staying positive that we will still get it in our hands in the next few weeks, if the postponement of the release is only due to a manufacturing delay, as per Real Gone's website.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-09-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Beautifully said, Carlo! Perfect.

I don’t spend a lot of time on blame, I don’t feel any better about a negative situation because I can look at its root and point my finger at it and say, “this is your fault! “The bottom line is, whatever the situation, is still the situation after you pointed your finger. I like the fact of having something to look forward to even if it is delayed better than not having it to look forward to at all. I’m certain they are not delaying the project just to piss us off, lose customers or try our patience. I believe their heart is in the right place.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 01-12-2022 at 03:49 PM.

I'm also waiting patiently, but while I'm here I might as well take the opportunity to blame Boris Johnson.

I’m blaming Brexit on Mary Wilson!

I've just seen this is available on Amazon UK for £46.12 ???? Surely this can't be right ???

Just looked again and its up for Pre order in the UK , £12.99 and release date of March 4th

And, Real Gone's website [[where I ordered my copy) is still showing release date as January 7th. Even though, I am disappointed we dont have it yet, just still happy that we will actually have a copy. Something even 2yrs ago we thought wouldnt be possible.

Blame Hilary.
    Anything with her fingerprints on it, doomed for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Just looked again and its up for Pre order in the UK , £12.99 and release date of March 4th
    still showing as £46 & out of stock, just looked ….

Just looked myself and it says 12.99 UK with 12.48 shipping, released on March 4, 2022.

Name:  608CAFDA-740A-41FB-BC4A-834704269E4A.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  14.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Just looked myself and it says 12.99 UK with 12.48 shipping, released on March 4, 2022.

Name:  608CAFDA-740A-41FB-BC4A-834704269E4A.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  14.6 KB

amazon.uk right now 13/01/22. 20.43pm

That’s all I’m seeing as well. There’s no way on earth i’m paying £46 plus postage and packing.

I have pre ordered it and I have had confirmation for £12.99 [[ and I've got Prime) let's hope it's finally gonna come through. If you look at other options you'll see the £12.99 CD

For those in the UK, try this link for the £12.99 preorder...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Anth...s%2C161&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

Thank you Carlo.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I have pre ordered it and I have had confirmation for £12.99 [[ and I've got Prime) let's hope it's finally gonna come through. If you look at other options you'll see the £12.99 CD
    Fantastic!

Many thanks Carlo. I now have it on order.

Name:  97259D34-AFD3-41D3-96C1-49A109C7309B.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  12.9 KB
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    ______
    If djt ever goes on trial I promise to be in it's face screaming 'lock him up'

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    ______
    Seditious conspiracy. Eleven were indicted for seditious conspiracy. That is not an easy charge to prove. DoJ does not use it lightly or for simple political gain. The Jan 6 traitors must be held to account, all the way to the very orange top.

Interesting review and assessment of the anthology and Mary's career. Hopefully we shall see more such reviews.

Has anyone received their copy from Real Gone? It looks like it's available from the web site, but shows as "out of stock," so I'm not sure if it's actually shipping or not. I ordered mine along with the BJ Thomas CD, so perhaps Real Gone is waiting until both are available. This is one disadvantage to not ordering from Amazon. You pay less but items on back order often must all be available for the order to ship. I sent an email to Real Gone inquiring about my order, so I'll see what they say.

Still well worth waiting for...am not going to cancel my order or anything especially considering that this release is something which Mary deserves, and which unfortunately she won't get to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Has anyone received their copy from Real Gone? It looks like it's available from the web site, but shows as "out of stock," so I'm not sure if it's actually shipping or not. I ordered mine along with the BJ Thomas CD, so perhaps Real Gone is waiting until both are available. This is one disadvantage to not ordering from Amazon. You pay less but items on back order often must all be available for the order to ship. I sent an email to Real Gone inquiring about my order, so I'll see what they say.

Still well worth waiting for...am not going to cancel my order or anything especially considering that this release is something which Mary deserves, and which unfortunately she won't get to see happen.
    Kenneth, if I recall correctly, Real Gone posts on their website [and in the description of this release?] that if you want a pre-order to ship without waiting for other items on your order not yet released, the items [such as "MW Anthology'] should be ordered separately. The GOOD THING is that you realize this release is well worth waiting for and if you have to wait a few extra weeks to receive it because it is shipping along with another CD [B.J. Thomas], that's OK.

Hopefully you get your response from Real Gone. When you e-mail, they will respond. Keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Kenneth, if I recall correctly, Real Gone posts on their website [and in the description of this release?] that if you want a pre-order to ship without waiting for other items on your order not yet released, the items [such as "MW Anthology'] should be ordered separately. The GOOD THING is that you realize this release is well worth waiting for and if you have to wait a few extra weeks to receive it because it is shipping along with another CD [B.J. Thomas], that's OK.

Hopefully you get your response from Real Gone. When you e-mail, they will respond. Keep the faith!
    Love the positivity! Spreadin' love!

Order it now folks to lock in that great deal cause Amazon does honor there prices.

@danman869 & @marybrewster,

Thanks kids!

K

This release will dispel any notion that despite someone else singing the leads, Mary was just along for the ride.

I doubt she would have approved of that comment - pretty cutting

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This release will dispel any notion that despite someone else singing the leads, Mary was just along for the ride.

I doubt she would have approved of that comment - pretty cutting
    When I read that quote, I didn't think it was cutting. The reviewer is saying that Mary was a talented lady, in her own right.

Have you pre-ordered your copy yet, Jobeterob?

When I read that quote, I didn't think it was cutting. The reviewer is saying that Mary was a talented lady, in her own right.

Have you pre-ordered your copy yet, Jobeterob?
    Carlo, I agree with you. I think that Mary herself said when she wrote Dreamgirl that she was perceived as a piece of cotton that floated in the wind. That certainly wasn't true. Most people only think that Diana was the voice, the commercial voice and Flo was the one with a big voice put into the background and that Mary just went along. In Mary's book, she states she was always bugging Berry to give her a lead. Mary seemed to have more leads than Flo in the 60's and her voice was warm, strong and inviting. The reviewer said this CD will dispel any notions that she was just along for the ride, a floating piece of cotton. I know it has been delayed but I am patiently waiting like we did between 1973 and 1975 for a Supremes release. It will be worth it because , Mary, Honey you is terrific!

This will sell at a loss. Amazon will suddenly "pull" this and after a few days advertise it again for a more realistic price. If you have pre-ordered this at £12.99 [[Post free) DO NOT CANCEL THIS when it is removed, that is what Amazon hope everyone will do. That price is guaranteed.

I sort of don't understand this passive response to poor performance, and the notion of, "oh well its always been like that....". I think if my forte were releasing otherwise unavailable and largely forgotten music product, I would go out of my way to make my business run as smoothly as possible to please my little niche of buyers. Unreliability is not a customer building strategy.

The most problematic issue seems to be legalities. I would probably make sure all those Ts were crossed before even soliciting it to my buyers.....because if that falls through, its all for naught, and I'll Ive got is disgruntled clientele who now want their money back and will think twice about shelling out dough in good faith in the future.

If its about difficulties in pressing the product... good grief how many components are involved in making a CD ?? Some plastic... This is not a 5th wheel being assembled with plumbing and lighting and mechanics and comforts, and ......get the picture? [yes we see]
    Also if this were my focus as a business I would circumvent the manufacturing issues of farming it out and invest in my own means to do so ... I'd press them in house.

I probably have it wrong somehow, but the accepted current methods, to me aren't acceptable.

I'm trying to imagine Berry Gordy in the middle of The Supremes run of #1 hits , just saying, "Gosh, I sure hope we can get COME SEE ABOUT ME pressed and shipped someday, someway , somehow" .....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-16-2022 at 03:57 PM.

I sort of don't understand this passive response to poor performance, and the notion of, "oh well its always been like that....". I think if my forte were releasing otherwise unavailable and largely forgotten music product, I would go out of my way to make my business run as smoothly as possible to please my little niche of buyers. Unreliability is not a customer building strategy.

The most problematic issue seems to be legalities. I would probably make sure all those Ts were crossed before even soliciting it to my buyers.....because if that falls through, its all for naught, and I'll Ive got is disgruntled clientele who now want their money back and will think twice about shelling out dough in good faith in the future.

If its about difficulties in pressing the product... good grief how many components are involved in making a CD ?? Some plastic... This is not a 5th wheel being assembled with plumbing and lighting and mechanics and comforts, and ......get the picture? [yes we see]
    Also if this were my focus as a business I would circumvent the manufacturing issues of farming it out and invest in my own means to do so ... I'd press them in house.

I probably have it wrong somehow, but the accepted current methods, to me aren't acceptable.

I'm trying to imagine Berry Gordy in the middle of The Supremes run of #1 hits , just saying, "Gosh, I sure hope we can get COME SEE ABOUT ME pressed and shipped someday, someway , somehow" .....
    Real Gone has always been on the ball with their releases - punctual, affordable, and top quality. I highly doubt they are being lazy or careless about this or not having their "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. They are on the ball. After all, this is their product. Would they do something to hurt their business and products? Their BJ Thomas set was due for release on the same day as Mary's anthology back in December and his set got bumped to February 4th.

As stated earlier, these aren't top priority projects to be pressed. Real Gone may not have the means to press in house and if the manufactures they use are having issues, who's to say that others aren't having the same problems? I believe it was Carlo who may have said when a top product like Adele is announced and has a release date, a product like hers takes top priority and bumps the smaller projects in the manufacturing. If anyone remembers John Perrone's interviews on Nightflight, projects even get bumped on the calendar and studio time all the time. Would CD manufacturing be any different if a big seller has a rush release?

Another huge factor - the supply change is incredibly messed up right now. Has anyone driven by a car dealership lately? Tell me how many cars on the lots you see as compared two years ago. I've driven by a few that look nearly empty. The same with grocery stores - there are a lot of shelves empty due to lack of products.

We really need to cut Real Gone some slack. I really don't understand this negativity toward them when clearly there is something bigger going on.