[REMOVE ADS]

Mary's Album Release Date Pushed Back

*Original Street date was 12/03 but has been bumped to 12/17*

https://realgonemusic.com/products/m...77dba3f1&_ss=r

I just received an email from Real Gone saying they currently estimate that the set will ship right around the end of the year and will not be going to retail in 2021.

I just received the same email Reese.

Terrible , why bother announcing it . More disrespect

I received the same e-mail about the delay.

darn, today was my B day and thought , great ,.it will be there when u get home, glass of wine and Marys cd ,....until i read this.
    geez

are there still plans for a Q@A with George and Andy for the Mary cd

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    darn, today was my B day and thought , great ,.it will be there when u get home, glass of wine and Marys cd ,....until i read this.
    geez
    It is disappointing. But I've done a lot of business with Real Gone and they have always proven to be reliable. I believe this delay is out of their hands. At least it didn't get pushed back two months like Diana's album was. I was crushed when that happened.

Hope you are having a great birthday, anyway!

I think it’s still being shipped on the 17th. Think about todays date and the ORIGINAL release date. I think that email we all received was basically a generated email saying basically it’s not being released today.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish46 View Post
    I think it’s still being shipped on the 17th. Think about todays date and the ORIGINAL release date. I think that email we all received was basically a generated email saying basically it’s not being released today.
    I agree. When I started this thread, they hadn't made a formal announcement yet. Their e-mail today is that formal announcement. So yes I think around the 17th is still the release date.

As of tonight, the Real Gone website still shows a release date of 12/17. However, the e-mail many of us received earlier today says, "we currently estimate that this title will ship to you right around the end of the year." With the 17th being the release date that has been on the website for a couple of weeks now, I personally consider today's e-mail saying, "around the end of the year" to mean during the last week of 2021. If we were going to get it before Christmas, they would've likely promoted the idea of, "you'll have it by Xmas!" I'm being a realist here. We don't know what production delays caused this, but... they obviously happened, so hopefully it's worth it in the end.

I know, I see 12/17 but the email said the end of the year. It certainly is a disappointment and the different dates are confusing. Yet, it will come and I certainly will not be cancelling just because of a few weeks. We can wait, some of us have been waiting a very, very long time for this already.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I know, I see 12/17 but the email said the end of the year. It certainly is a disappointment and the different dates are confusing. Yet, it will come and I certainly will not be cancelling just because of a few weeks. We can wait, some of us have been waiting a very, very long time for this already.
    I completely agree! I very much want to support both Mary Wilson and Real Gone music for making this release possible. They definitely are taking a chance by releasing this set, which they are marketing to a limited number of Supremes fans. It’s a great tribute to her, much more so than if it was just a reissue of the solo album.

Maybe this could be the way of the future,...preorder these expanded editions and make only what's ordered.
    Just hope we can get the last Ross 78 and the last few Supremes albums