[REMOVE ADS]

Maxwell soul train awards living legend performance

Glad he brought back the fro.! Remember when his then label wanted him to chop it off. He eventually did, though.

Saw him last in concert in 2016 with Mary J. Blige on the King and Queen of Hearts Tour. I am a big fan of him but Mary blew him away!

Mary J. blows everyone away! One of the reasons why she's the Collab Queen. Check out her dope set on this year's BET Awards. Fire.

Glad to see Maxwell get his due. I dismissed him early in his career. I always liked the music but didn't think he could go the distance. To my surprise, he has had remarkable longevity. I've seen him live many times, great performer. Last saw him with Mary J. at the L.A. Forum. Great show.

My friends and I knew he would go the distance when he dropped his debut CD[[remember those dinosaurs?) Hang Suite. Critics dubbed him neo-soul. D'Angelo and others followed his lead. Word.