[REMOVE ADS]

Martha and the Vandellas On Ed Sullivan tonight

Channel 33 at 10 if you get Direct TV

Its on MeTv tonight in So Cal. 10:00pm

The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show
    Wayne Newton, Tom Jones, And More
    Today's episode features Tom Jones, Woody Herman and Orchestra, Shelley Berman, Robert Goulet, Jane Powell, Chong and Mana, Wayne Newton, and Martha and the Vandellas.

You had me all excited since that would have been 1 AM here on the East Coast and I got the message shortly before midnight. But that channel is not on my cable. Rats!

Martha and the girls were supposed to do two songs, Love Makes Me Do Foolish Thing and Dancing. Because of time constraints they were cut to an abbreviated version of Dancing. It turned out to be not much of a performance and they were never invited back.

At least the clarity of that video was quite good, given the age.

I thought THEIR performance was great, especially under the constrictions of the Sullivan show.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Martha and the girls were supposed to do two songs, Love Makes Me Do Foolish Thing and Dancing. Because of time constraints they were cut to an abbreviated version of Dancing. It turned out to be not much of a performance and they were never invited back.
    I saw an old Billboard ad which mentioned that they were supposed to do LMMDFT. Too bad it didn't happen. That is one of my favorite Vandellas songs. But maybe it was best. I don't think their performance of DANCING was all that great.