[REMOVE ADS]

Baby Its Me cd release ????

so why hasnt this album been released on cd by real gone>??????
    or did i miss this?
    come on bring us Ross 78

I totally agree. I have been dying to get Ross 78. And Baby it’s me would be so nice to have a physical release. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope it happens when we’re still around.

It hasn't been released on CD yet, so fortunately [[or unfortunately), you didn't miss it, David H.

I keep reading over and over again that these big labels like Sony and Universal are increasingly hesitant to green light licensing for third party reissue projects. In the past year, I've made very casual reissue suggestions to a number of specialty reissue labels [[unrelated to Motown and The Supremes), and they've all given me similar answers, confirming this very fact. Making it even more complicated is that generally-speaking, it is no longer financially favourable for these reissue labels to release individual albums on CD. Many are now going the vinyl route, or focusing on CD compilations and multi-album box sets. I tend to think this is why the bigger labels are no longer willing to extend licensing like they once did. As frustrating as it is to see them sitting on their copyrights and vaults, the truth is that the more product there is out there on the market of a particular artist, the less the copyrights are worth to owner, for future projects. I know that they are hesitant to green light third party CD reissues because it could 'water down' and impact future profit, down the road, for potential projects, such as directly retaining and releasing certain songs for streaming, putting it on vinyl, or releasing a career retrospective after an artist passes away, when demand and interest is reignited. It's so sad and frustrating but it's the truth. The more the market is flooded, the less demand there will be for certain titles later, when it's more favourable for the record company from a strategic and financial standpoint.

But hey, here's hoping we get some more reissues someday soon. In the meantime, we have the Mary Wilson Motown Anthology to look forward to If Ms Ross goes ahead with her UK tour next year, perhaps we will see a new reissue.
    Last edited by carlo; 11-27-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    It hasn't been released on CD yet, so fortunately [[or unfortunately), you didn't miss it, David H.

I keep reading over and over again that these big labels like Sony and Universal are increasingly hesitant to green light licensing for third party reissue projects. In the past year, I've made very casual reissue suggestions to a number of specialty reissue labels [[unrelated to Motown and The Supremes), and they've all given me similar answers, confirming this very fact. Making it even more complicated is that generally-speaking, it is no longer financially favourable for these reissue labels to release individual albums on CD. Many are now going the vinyl route, or focusing on CD compilations and multi-album box sets. I tend to think this is why the bigger labels are no longer willing to extend licensing like they once did. As frustrating as it is to see them sitting on their copyrights and vaults, the truth is that the more product there is out there on the market of a particular artist, the less the copyrights are worth to owner, for future projects. I know that they are hesitant to green light third party CD reissues because it could 'water down' and impact future profit, down the road, for potential projects, such as directly retaining and releasing certain songs for streaming, putting it on vinyl, or releasing a career retrospective after an artist passes away, when demand and interest is reignited. It's so sad and frustrating but it's the truth. The more the market is flooded, the less demand there will be for certain titles later, when it's more favourable for the record company from a strategic and financial standpoint.

But hey, here's hoping we get some more reissues someday soon. In the meantime, we have the Mary Wilson Motown Anthology to look forward to If Ms Ross goes ahead with her UK tour next year, perhaps we will see a new reissue.
    Interesting stuff. The problem also being there's an ever dwindling demand for such releases to happen. It will be interesting to see whether or not anything is released next year.
    Thanks for the info Carlo.

Both "Baby It's Me" and "Ross" 78 have been/are available on official CDs but not as expanded editions. "Baby It's Me" is available as a 21 track expanded download from Amazon [[and others) and comes with a digital booklet.

Baby it's me was also released on cd format back in the early 90s. then both it and Ross 78 were released as cds here more recently. but yes, not the EE version. just the original album

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Baby it's me was also released on cd format back in the early 90s. then both it and Ross 78 were released as cds here more recently. but yes, not the EE version. just the original album
    BABY IT'S ME was also released on a 2-fer cd with TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING.

Baby it's me was also released on cd format back in the early 90s.
    Indeed it was. It’s sitting on my CD shelf next to a bunch of other 80s/90s Motown album reissues. I read this thread and complete forgot I had it until you mentioned it.

Yes I have all the cd releases of BIM and Ross 78. I was talking about the expanded versions. I did download the expanded BIM and made my own CD cover.