[REMOVE ADS]

New version of I Hear a Symphony

New album with philarmonic symphony .
    All Motown original. Hits with symphony .
    Great new version of a classic
    Last edited by daviddh; 11-24-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    New album with philarmonic symphony .
    All Motown original. Hits with symphony .
    Great new version of a classic
    From samples heard, it sounds a decent album. I like the fact the original song structure is left intact.
    Like you, i would die a thousand deaths for a Diana with symphony orchestra to be released. Having said that, it might prove a little overkill to adorn such songs as “It’s My Turn” with further violins.

Oh - I just created a thread in Motown forum about this album as hadn't heard anything about it.

It looks to debut in the UK charts at about #17.

I heard it on the thread in the Motown forum. The strings from the Detroit Symphony were fine as is. I don't see the point of add more here and there on the mix. I did like bringing up the background parts a bit on the mix.

i would like to hear Love is Here and Now Youre Gone, The Happening, Reflections and Up The Ladder To the Roof with this orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I heard it on the thread in the Motown forum. The strings from the Detroit Symphony were fine as is. I don't see the point of add more here and there on the mix. I did like bringing up the background parts a bit on the mix.
    Totally agree. I wasn't all that impressed by this new version, other than the heightened background vocals. Other than that, in my opinion, it didn't sound radically different, nor was it any improvement over the original version. I felt the same in regards to the orchestral Carpenters album that came out a few years ago.
    Last edited by carlo; 11-27-2021 at 12:32 PM.