[REMOVE ADS]

Mary in Memoriam at R&R Hall of Fame Induction

Huge picture of Mary in high necked turtle neck at ceremony while the Supremes sang My world is empty...

Yes; I caught the ceremony on HBO and Mary Wilson was among the artists that were memorialized at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction [and having 'My World Is Empty Without You' playing while they showed her picture was a great touch].

I was at the ceremony and Mary actually got a longer tribute than what aired on HBO. It included photos and clips of the Supremes, up close clips of Mary performing as well as her accepting the Supremes Rock Hall induction with audio of her speaking "This is a rare moment in a person's life and history that we all dream of... Dreams do come true." All while "My World Is Empty Without You" played and continued to play while others artists/musicians names appeared after her. The crowd cheered and applauded for her when her image and name came up on the screen.

Only Mary, Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones, Dusty Hill of ZZ Top, and Don Everly got extended tributes in the In Memoriam segment.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-22-2021 at 11:44 AM.

so happy Mary was honored. Very well deserved.

Such great news and richly deserved. Her family and friends must feel so proud.

Thanks Brad for the update on the tribute to Mary. Mary so loved by so many.

That is comforting to hear that Mary received a well deserved tribute. She is still very much missed. So pleased to read she had an extended tribute, thank you for letting us know.