[REMOVE ADS]

Wanda Rogers mention in People

If this was brought up before I missed it, so I apologize if this is old news. I was a little behind in my reading and just tonight read an issue of People magazine that featured a one or two sentence mention of Wanda's passing. But would you believe they could not even spell the group name correctly? They stuck that extra L in there. Oh well at least she was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    If this was brought up before I missed it, so I apologize if this is old news. I was a little behind in my reading and just tonight read an issue of People magazine that featured a one or two sentence mention of Wanda's passing. But would you believe they could not even spell the group name correctly? They stuck that extra L in there. Oh well at least she was mentioned.
    Very, very sad. She certainly did not go out in any glory by any stretch of the imagination. She was interred at the Knollwood Cemetery in Canton, MI. I hope that she gets a decent burial marker and doesn't end up like Darrell Banks and Marv Johnson did. Fund raisers long after they were buried assisted in them finally obtaining a marker.

Thanks for the news Daviddesper. It's good to see that Wanda Rogers has been remembered [even if the article in People Magazine misspelled The Marvelettes name].

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know she got a mention. And while a news outlet should be able to spell the name correctly, I know I can never spell it correctly from one time to the next. I always forget "L or T" and have to look.