[REMOVE ADS]

It's been a week! What are your favorite songs from the "Thank You" album?

How are you all feeling about the album. I meant to make this thread on Friday. What are your top 5 tracks? Mine would be,

1. All Is Well
    2. In Your Heart
    3. Come Together
    4. Beautiful Love
    5. Let's Do It

I believe Miss Ross sounds really good on the album. I think the only song I really skip is #5, Just In Case. What do you all think of the album?

Just In Case !

It's quite difficult for me to choose; for me the album has more great tracks that the 'average' lp and no really dead spots. So favorites, in no per-tic-a-ler order, are:

Thank You, If The World, All Is Well, Tomorrow, The Answer, and Let's ...

I just love the album and am happy to see that others do as well.

Tomorrow & I Still Believe

After a few listens my favorites are: Just in Case, Together, Thank You, The Answer's Always Love, and Time to Call

Only duds for me are Count on Me and Let's Do It.

Thank You
    If The World Just Danced
    Just In Case
    The Answer's Always Love
    Come Together

If The World Just Danced
    In Your Heart
    Thank You
    The Answer's Always Love
    Tomorrow

The only songs not on my personal playlist are All Is Well and Let's Do It.

I really like the album. It may not be classic Diana Ross, but it's already one of my favorites.

I'm accepting and welcoming Diana's 77 year old voice, autotuned or not. The positive theme and songs are not overkill for me in this time of global pandemic and national divisiveness.

You guys are so committed; I only know If The World Just Danced and I haven't bought it yet; and these days the number of places to play a real CD is dwindling for me.

By Christmas, I will get it.

And I think I'm also getting the Mary Wilson Anthology.

Ive only heard "I Still Belieive " so far and love it..im in the farth corner of the world [[New Zealand) and we are still in covid lockdown so heaven knows when I can purchase the cd..im glad theres a buzz about the album..lets hope she dosent take too long for the next one ! nice to read about people being excited by the album

Not necessarily a classic, but a decent album all the same.

1. Just In Case - A sensitive and delicate vocal from Diana. The trumpet solo really compliments the song.

2. Tomorrow - An uplifting number that packs a punch. I would have made it the lead single.

3. I Still Believe - This fun song really gets in your head and stays there. What’s not to like.

4. Time To Call - Probably the most commercial ballad on the album that has real chart potential. It gives Diana a chance to stretch her vocal wings.

5. In Your Heart. It sounds like nothing Diana has ever recorded before. I love the almost ethereal, relaxing quality of the song

Only out and out dud for me is “All Is Well”, which begins nicely but quickly runs out of steam and becomes irritating. Diana’s vocal also sounds really strained towards the end.

if the world just danced
    tomorrow
    i still believe
    thank you
    just in case

Tomorrow
    Time To Call
    The Answer's Always Love
    I Still Believe
    If The World Just Danced

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    You guys are so committed; I only know If The World Just Danced and I haven't bought it yet; and these days the number of places to play a real CD is dwindling for me.

By Christmas, I will get it.

And I think I'm also getting the Mary Wilson Anthology.
    By all means go for both! Diana's album is just wonderful, and though I haven't heard the Mary collection supporting it will encourage Real Gone to [hopefully) continue with Motown expandeds.

Interesting to see the favorite song selections. I just love 'All Is Well' and noticed a subtle familiarity that I could not quite identify in this beautiful and comforting song. I now identify it as a classic Stylistics sound, in the song itself, the arrangement and of course the beautiful vocal. I can really hear RTJ singing the song!

I love all the songs the dance songs are my favourites

Lyrics, gentle music flowing and Diana Ross' glowing voice. My favorite song on Ms.Ross' "Thank You" Album is "The Answer is Always Love". If it's too cute for you, find your substitute for peace.*****

The correct song title on the album is "The Answer's Always Love"

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Lyrics, gentle music flowing and Diana Ross' glowing voice. My favorite song on Ms.Ross' "Thank You" Album is "The Answer is Always Love". If it's too cute for you, find your substitute for peace.*****
    Yet, Ms. Ross, songstress perfection sings it as it should be, "The Answer is Always Love". I experience a gentleness in this song upon each playing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    A gorgeous song and performance, and I'm constantly surprised at how much I've loving the lp.

i have to say i am equally surprised ,at first, i didnt care for All is Well but it has grown on me. i was driving thru the country looking at the color of the leaves and listening to Diana uninterupted...i found myself liking all the tracks. a few a syrupy but.....overall a good album.
    in my playlist i added More today than Yesterday,What about Love and Lovely day as bonus tracks

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i have to say i am equally surprised ,at first, i didnt care for All is Well but it has grown on me. i was driving thru the country looking at the color of the leaves and listening to Diana uninterupted...i found myself liking all the tracks. a few a syrupy but.....overall a good album.
    in my playlist i added More today than Yesterday,What about Love and Lovely day as bonus tracks
    Pretty much the same as me david. A little to syrupy in places for me to consider it a classic, but a good album all the same.

OK, I'm going to switch up my list because I forgot to include the title track! How could I forget about Thank You?!

1. All Is Well
    2. In Your Heart
    3. Thank You
    4. Come Together
    5 Beautiful Love

Although I don't LOVE the album, I do really, really like it. It contains enough moments for me to remember why I fell for Ross 40 years ago. For me the best song is still "Thank You" as, of all songs, it is the most Diana Ross, bit Motown, bit pop, with sincere lyrics that she clearly really means. "The Answer's Always Love" comes closest to a classic Ross ballad, which works really well, although "Just In Case" is my favorite ballad of the album, because of its jazzy feel. "Beautiful Love" is the most surprising and daring ballad, with a piano that makes me think of the tv series Succession. I tend to prefer upbeat songs, so both Tomorrow and I Still Believe work for me, although in both cases I would have toned it down just a bit. The beat in Tomorrow is so overpowering... would love to hear a different mix of the song. I Still Believe is a bit too gay bar for me, particularly the background vocals in the chorus -- oh oh oh oh; would live a more retro-disco remix, such as the one Purple Disco Machine recently did with Kylie's Magic. That snippet of the I Still Believe Monki mix does not sound very exciting -- an Amazon streaming original. And If The World Just Danced has just grown on me.
    Overall an exciting album, particularly when compared to I Love You, but obviously incomparable to the classic Diana albums such as The Boss and diana.

I can't say I LOVE all the songs on the album either but I agree it has many things to like a lot. Other things- [[like what has been said by others about the overwrought theme) not so much. But I'm especially pleased that Ross is sounding pretty great! And I envision some lively new moments in her concert performances which is a definite plus as well!

oops, I meant to say I Still Believe is my probable fave, then Thank you, In Your Heart, If the World, The Answer's Always Love. I'm wondering what's up with the Monki mix ending so abruptly and am anticipating this dj has several other mixes ready to go- she did state on social media something to the effect that she's readying a set list and envisions I Still Believe to be the celebratory end song to the night.
    Last edited by mindful1; 11-21-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Thank You cd is now $8.00 on Amazon.