[REMOVE ADS]

Little Anthony & The Imperials, Duponts and Chesters never-before-seen stories

Another new release on my TJL page - this time stories never told on television from Anthony Guardine - his early days growing up as he describes as "not a good time for black people in America" 1957 Brooklyn. These are stories and performances from my vaults I really feel is time are told. All the hits, alternates and the real story about their crossover from a R&B vocal group to the glossy Teddy Randazzo era that redefined the group in the mid 60s. Please check and out and let me know what you think and what artists you'd like to see more of in this "In Their Own Words" special series I've been working on https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky...79451262391447

PS - Like the Tops, notice the Andantes like harmony of the DCP high sopranos in their 64,56, 66 hits. Anthony is a great interpreter of emotion as you'll see and hear in his own words.

Wow! As a long time fan of Little Anthony, I look forward to watching this. Thanks for sharing it with us [and Thanks again for your work in 'keeping the music alive'].

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    Another new release on my TJL page - this time stories never told on television from Anthony Guardine - his early days growing up as he describes as "not a good time for black people in America" 1957 Brooklyn. These are stories and performances from my vaults I really feel is time are told. All the hits, alternates and the real story about their crossover from a R&B vocal group to the glossy Teddy Randazzo era that redefined the group in the mid 60s. Please check and out and let me know what you think and what artists you'd like to see more of in this "In Their Own Words" special series I've been working on https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky...79451262391447

PS - Like the Tops, notice the Andantes like harmony of the DCP high sopranos in their 64,56, 66 hits. Anthony is a great interpreter of emotion as you'll see and hear in his own words.
    Great news, tjl - always like Little Anthony info -

aren't the Royallettes doing bg vocals on the Teddy Randazo stuff?

I Just watched this, TJ it is GREAT. Love Anthony , Thanks for posting the link above.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  21.1 KB
    An amazing video! It's incredible that Anthony could still have such a strong, full, mellow voice, and such control at such an advanced age, when a lot of singers become only a shadow of their former selves. He was fully as good on that show as he was at age 20!!! I've been buying his records since he was with The Chesters and The Duponts, all the way through AVCO. Lot's of precious memories in sound.
    Last edited by robb_k; 12-12-2021 at 01:44 AM.