[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne and Phyllis box sets........any others?

I am sure many of us picked up the recent box sets by Dionne Warwick and Phyllis Hyman...those great collections where you got 12 and 9 CDs respectively in simple paper sleeves. The idea is great and I just read about one by Madonna that features 11 of her albums all in one package, again at a reasonable price.

Are there any other similar ones that I might have missed? I don't put the 3 and 4 CD sets [[Carla Thomas, Carrie Lucas, etc.) in the same category because sets like that are much more common. I would just be interested in knowing if I have missed any of these really big collections such as Dionne and Phyllis.

Can anybody think of any others?

The same company that did the Dionne Warwick & Phyillis Hyman sets, Cherry Red Records, also did similar collections for Denise Williams, Grover Washington, Jr., Sister Sledge, Evelyn 'Champagne' King and others on their Soul Music Records imprint.

Soul Music Records [cherryred.co.uk]

Thanks. They have been busy and I hope they are not planning to stop any time soon! I saw a few things in there that I had not seen before.

There was a real big one a few years back that encompassed all of Johnny Mathis' Columbia albums called THE VOICE OF ROMANCE featuring over 60 cds.

There was also Aretha's THE ATLANTIC ALBUMS COLLECTION which included most of her albums for that label, except the ones she owned the masters to.

Check out this one:
    Always There: 1981-2021 [[40 Years & Still Groovin’)Incognito

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Always-Ther.../dp/B09J5DVRW5

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Check out this one:

WOW, thanx for posting. I must get this. Have loved them since the beginning.

I want this myself. Looks worth the trouble. Bluey sure knows how to round up those
    girls for studio magic..

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Check out this one:

Good collection, maybe a little heavy on the remixes. I am impressed by the quality and breadth of Incognito's catalog. It is a very solid collection and even still some of its best tracks are missing.