[REMOVE ADS]

New Tour Song Line Up

Dear fellow forum members,

As it seems the UK, including Glastonbury will finally happen <fingers crossed>. What songs from her new album would or could she include in to her set list?

Lets start the conversation:

For me, the new song "Come Together" is a fantastic opening song, relating to the lockdown measures.

"I Still Believe In Love" is perfect to combine with her sometimes latin "Love Child" and givers her the time for a customer change.

"Thank You" as a reprise would be a nice surprise.

What do you think?

Does Diana generally add songs from her latest album to her set list? I've seen her three times since I LOVE YOU was released, and I recall THE LOOK OF LOVE and MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY being added, but can't think of any others. Usually when an artist tours with a new album, it's pretty heavy with new material. With SO MANY HITS, I can't see Diana adding more than THANK YOU, perhaps as a closing number?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Does Diana generally add songs from her latest album to her set list? I've seen her three times since I LOVE YOU was released, and I recall THE LOOK OF LOVE and MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY being added, but can't think of any others. Usually when an artist tours with a new album, it's pretty heavy with new material. With SO MANY HITS, I can't see Diana adding more than THANK YOU, perhaps as a closing number?
    When I saw her during the FORCE BEHIND THE POWER and TAKE ME HIGHER eras, she added five or six songs from each.

When I caught her first I LOVE YOU tour, she only did MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY and the title track. But for subsequent tours, she also added THE LOOK OF LOVE and WHAT ABOUT LOVE.

Re the new album, I haven't listened to it yet so I can't offer any suggestions. But her shows now tend to be shorter so unless that is changing, I wouldn't expect a bunch of songs from THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Dear fellow forum members,

As it seems the UK, including Glastonbury will finally happen <fingers crossed>. What songs from her new album would or could she include in to her set list?

Lets start the conversation:

For me, the new song "Come Together" is a fantastic opening song, relating to the lockdown measures.

"I Still Believe In Love" is perfect to combine with her sometimes latin "Love Child" and givers her the time for a customer change.

"Thank You" as a reprise would be a nice surprise.

What do you think?
    I like your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    When I saw her during the FORCE BEHIND THE POWER and TAKE ME HIGHER eras, she added five or six songs from each.

When I caught her first I LOVE YOU tour, she only did MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY and the title track. But for subsequent tours, she also added THE LOOK OF LOVE and WHAT ABOUT LOVE.

Re the new album, I haven't listened to it yet so I can't offer any suggestions. But her shows now tend to be shorter so unless that is changing, I wouldn't expect a bunch of songs from THANK YOU.
    All 3x I saw her in recent years, her shows were exactly 90 minutes. This woman has it down to a science. To your point, the general public is going to want to hear "Love Child" more than anything off the new album. So I imagine 1 or 2 songs at most to promote "Thank You" but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    All 3x I saw her in recent years, her shows were exactly 90 minutes. This woman has it down to a science. To your point, the general public is going to want to hear "Love Child" more than anything off the new album. So I imagine 1 or 2 songs at most to promote "Thank You" but that's it.
    At least with the concerts I've attended, starting with the I LOVE YOU tour, the shows have gotten shorter, with some of the hits dropped. But the last few times I've seen her, she's added a Q&A segment which made the show longer.

I really hope she performs “I Still Believe” and either “If The World Just Danced” or “Tomorrow”.
    “Thank you” as a show closer would be a blessed relief if it replaced the now dreaded “I Will Survive”. I won't be holding my breath though.

With so many new songs I see an entire new show.
    I remember a few years ago when Diana played Vegas , the add was new show, new set list, new gowns.
    It was same show,songs gowns she's been doing for at least 15 years.
    I think we all need a new show and especially Diana possibly.
    If I were her, I'd through out old show and add most of these songs.

Bring back ....ain't no mountain
    Touch me in the morning
    Upside down
    Take me higher.....
    Love to hear,
    Remember me
    It's my turn
    ,Lost gems
    If your not gonna love me right
    Sugar free
    Carry on
    Everyday is a new day
    Not over you yet
    He lives in you
    Hope to hear.
    If the world danced
    Thank you
    Tomorrow
    I still believe

Let's Do It is good.i would add.

The UK tour will definitely include Chain Reaction and Im Still Waiting and When You Tell Me That You Love Me. All 3 were mega hits over there.

These are the Thank You songs I add to the set list:

Just in Case replacing Look of Love
    If the World Just Danced replacing Why Do Fools Fall in Love
    I Still Believe replacing Love Child
    Thank You replacing I Will Survive

In addition, Love Child, while no longer the gown change/band breakdown song, would move to second song of the night, replacing More Today Than Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    ,Lost gems
    If your not gonna love me right
    Sugar free
    Carry on
    Everyday is a new day
    Not over you yet
    He lives in you
    Hope to hear.
    If the world danced
    Thank you
    Tomorrow
    I still believe
    After a couple of these, the crowd would either be heading to the bar, the toilet or standing there and screaming out 'Sing Baby Love'.

A Glastonbury performance is a 'Greatest Hits' not a 'Songs nobody here has ever heard' setlist.

One uptempo song from 'Thank You' could certainly be included though.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 11-11-2021 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    After a couple of these, the crowd would either be heading to the bar, the toilet or standing there and screaming out 'Sing Baby Love'.

A Glastonbury performance is a 'Greatest Hits' not a 'Songs nobody here has ever heard' setlist.

That’s very much the case with Glastonbury, as the crowd won't consist entirely of Diana fans.
    As Roberta mentioned, “Chain Reaction” and “When You Tell Me” are a must. I am also expecting to hear “I Will Survive etc etc. In reality, and this being Diana i would expect to hear one new song at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The UK tour will definitely include Chain Reaction and Im Still Waiting and When You Tell Me That You Love Me. All 3 were mega hits over there.
    Without question.

And if she really wants to say "Thank You" to her UK fans she should also include Remember Me, All Of My Life and One Shining Moment.

Let's hope Bluebrock has been brought back on board to keep her right.

Of course you never know with Diana - she'll do her own thing -she's done TV and tours before without promoting her current material.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

i apologise since since i live in USA ,i have no idea what Glastonbury is?
    i assumed a festival with various artists.
    i was generally speaking of her set list,not just one show but obviously songs such as Chain Reaction,Im Still Waiting, and Remember Me.....were bigger in UK but i love these as well

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i apologise since since i live in USA ,i have no idea what Glastonbury is?
    i assumed a festival with various artists.
    i was generally speaking of her set list,not just one show but obviously songs such as Chain Reaction,Im Still Waiting, and Remember Me.....were bigger in UK but i love these as well
    For Glastonbury, it should be a greatest hits set, but Thank You and maybe If the World Could Dance could work in that environment.

DavidH, it's a huge festival. Here's a clip from the headliners from the last time it was staged in 2019:

And this should give you an idea of how Diana's songs go down at Glastonbury:

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    At least with the concerts I've attended, starting with the I LOVE YOU tour, the shows have gotten shorter, with some of the hits dropped. But the last few times I've seen her, she's added a Q&A segment which made the show longer.
    You mean her answering one question that's already been answered a thousand times followed by three people telling her how much they love her and then her rambling on about her kids and grandkids for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    You mean her answering one question that's already been answered a thousand times followed by three people telling her how much they love her and then her rambling on about her kids and grandkids for 20 minutes.
    Yep, that’s the one lol.

I think "Thank You" is probably the best and most appropriate song to add to the setlist. As well as the fact that it definitely received some airplay in the UK too.

And yeah "I'm Still Waiting" and "Chain Reaction" BETTER be in there.