[REMOVE ADS]

I still believe music video

I really like the music video, it all its simplicity. She is clearly having a lot of fun, befitting the feel of the song. Editing-wise, there is a real interesting shot when her face appears in the back of her hair [[at 2;19)... that's some fine editing!

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.47.11 PM.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  7.8 KB

Sorry but ,hate it.
    Chezzy.
    Not for me.
    Love the song tho

I guess if Diana standing in a red bath robe swaying to the music is your thing, this is as good as it gets.

It's safe to say not much money was spent on any of the 4 videos from the Thank You album!

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    It's safe to say not much money was spent on any of the 4 videos from the Thank You album!
    The first video for Thank You it was very well conceived and it looked expensive to me in terms of production and edition. Dozens of archival videos were remastered and the result was simply beautiful.

The "videos" for All Is Well and I Still Believe are more like visualizers of the songs, taylor-made for the spotify era and other streaming services. They are not classic videos-per-se. I'm sure Diana didn't intended them as traditional videos. Yes, it's a budget thing but I'm happy we have those two videos/visualizers.

And Diana's detractors can't stand the fact that she is still gorgeous and in-demand for high profile performances. It's on the touring circuit she will make $$$$$$$$. What an amazing career. Nobody can take that away from her. And you folks do try. The bitterness about Diana is palpable in this forum.

Let's be a little bit more generous with this legacy artist.
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 11-11-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro2015 View Post
    And Diana's detractors can't stand the fact that she is still gorgeous and in-demand for high profile performances. It's on the touring circuit she will make $$$$$$$$. What an amazing career. Nobody can take that away from her. And you folks do try. The bitterness about Diana is palpable in this forum. .
    I think you confuse detractors with fans expressing personal and honest opinion.
    There were some on this forum who were telling us that all songs from the new album were incredible before they had even been released. They were then annoyed when others thought otherwise. That’s hardly balanced opinion, more mindless fan worship.
    This knee jerk reaction that others must resent Diana’s career success simply because they might not like everything she does is quite frankly laughable and just plain silly.

Just incredible what a loving video and her sons getting involved I love that , the song is beautiful and much better than that Abba release

The first video for Thank You it was very well conceived and it looked expensive to me in terms of production and edition. Dozens of archival videos were remastered and the result was simply beautiful.

The "videos" for All Is Well and I Still Believe are more like visualizers of the songs, taylor-made for the spotify era and other streaming services. They are not classic videos-per-se. I'm sure Diana didn't intended them as traditional videos. Yes, it's a budget thing but I'm happy we have those two videos/visualizers.

And Diana's detractors can't stand the fact that she is still gorgeous and in-demand for high profile performances. It's on the touring circuit she will make $$$$$$$$. What an amazing career. Nobody can take that away from her. And you folks do try. The bitterness about Diana is palpable in this forum.

I don't think Diana Ross ever cared much for music videos as she came from an era before they were required so I think she did them only because she had to. So it makes sense not to spend too much money on them. As Circa pointed out in another thread, it was a brilliant business move on her part to get the fans to do the video for If the World Just Danced. And it worked given the sentiment of the song. And I've a feeling that if Ross and Evan weren't involved in the production she would not have done any videos for All is Well or I Still Believe. While neither is what I would call a great video, they work within the concept of the album, which is in part about family love, peace and happiness, and fulfillment. So kudos to her for doing those videos on her terms. And being the business woman that she is, she held the line on costs to better ensure this Thank You project will end up being profitable.

I’ve lost track of what’s happening with this song. Is it an official single??.
    Everyone i’ve played it for really likes it. Diana continuing to look, even in old age.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 11-17-2021 at 03:01 AM.

What does ABBA have to do with Diana Ross? Two different entities.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    What does ABBA have to do with Diana Ross? Two different entities.
    Well, ABBA may have stolen some of Diana Ross' thunder when they announced their comeback after 40 years of not recording anything. When the Thank You single came out this summer Diana Ross got some attention for coming out with her first recording in 15 years and announcing her first album of all original material in 22 years. The release date for the album was slated for September.

Then the release date for Thank You album was pushed back to November. Then ABBA released their singles and announced they were releasing their first album of new material in 40 years on the same date that Thank You was to be released in November.

Now we have two acts coming out with new material after long hiatuses. However ABBA had done nothing in terms of new releases in 40 years. 40 years trumps 22 years. So the attention that may have been paid to Diana Ross' comeback after a long hiatus was shifted to ABBA.

In hindsight, I wished Thank You had been released in September. True Diana Ross didn't do much of anything to promote it, while ABBA, especially Benny and Bjorn, did. But at least Thank You would not have been overshadowed so much by the ABBA comeback and maybe more will notice.

On the other hand, Thank You is now out there, and will remain out there, and people will slowly discover it. But it just didn't make the splash that I thought it would when it was initially announced and the single came out.

Well-stated, Nitro. In recent years, Chaka, Dionne, Gladys & more have all issued uber-bomb albums that went pretty much under the radar here; for whatever reason Diana's success drives some posters to irrationality. Glad you are not among them! I'm loving the new lp; less than a year ago who among the real Diana fans would have predicted it!?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Well-stated, Nitro. In recent years, Chaka, Dionne, Gladys & more have all issued uber-bomb albums that went pretty much under the radar here; for whatever reason Diana's success drives some posters to irrationality. Glad you are not among them! I'm loving the new lp; less than a year ago who among the real Diana fans would have predicted it!?
    Still name calling huh!. Most fans on this forum like/love the album, and have no real problem with anyone who is less then swept away. That appears to be just you.
    It’s called respecting other people’s opinion, which supposedly as rational grownups we should all do.
    State your case by all means, but putting other members down for having a different point of view is never cool.

Well, ABBA may have stolen some of Diana Ross' thunder when they announced their comeback after 40 years of not recording anything. When the Thank You single came out this summer Diana Ross got some attention for coming out with her first recording in 15 years and announcing her first album of all original material in 22 years. The release date for the album was slated for September.

Then the release date for Thank You album was pushed back to November. Then ABBA released their singles and announced they were releasing their first album of new material in 40 years on the same date that Thank You was to be released in November.

Now we have two acts coming out with new material after long hiatuses. However ABBA had done nothing in terms of new releases in 40 years. 40 years trumps 22 years. So the attention that may have been paid to Diana Ross' comeback after a long hiatus was shifted to ABBA.

In hindsight, I wished Thank You had been released in September. True Diana Ross didn't do much of anything to promote it, while ABBA, especially Benny and Bjorn, did. But at least Thank You would not have been overshadowed so much by the ABBA comeback and maybe more will notice.

On the other hand, Thank You is now out there, and will remain out there, and people will slowly discover it. But it just didn't make the splash that I thought it would when it was initially announced and the single came out.
    This makes perfect sense SL. It’s wonderfully refreshing how you can state your point of view without resorting to name calling and childish digs at other members of this forum with differing opinion.
    Sadly, You put some to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Still name calling huh!. Most fans on this forum like/love the album, and have no real problem with anyone who is less then swept away. That appears to be just you.
    It’s called respecting other people’s opinion, which supposedly as rational grownups we should all do.
    State your case by all means, but putting other members down for having a different point of view is never cool.
    The only way peace and harmony exists in "Peace and Harmony"'s world is to agree with everything he or she says.

This makes perfect sense SL. It’s wonderfully refreshing how you can state your point of view without resorting to name calling and childish digs at other members of this forum with differing opinion.
    Sadly, You put some to shame.
    Thanks, but I can be snarky and not above a childish dig.

The only way peace and harmony exists in "Peace and Harmony"'s world is to agree with everything he or she says.
    It would very much appear so.

I think you confuse detractors with fans expressing personal and honest opinion.
    There were some on this forum who were telling us that all songs from the new album were incredible before they had even been released. They were then annoyed when others thought otherwise. That’s hardly balanced opinion, more mindless fan worship.
    This knee jerk reaction that others must resent Diana’s career success simply because they might not like everything she does is quite frankly laughable and just plain silly.
    thank you, been a fan since summer of 76 when Love Hangover hit #1.love Diana Ross but, i am not gonna say everything she does is great,mostly i do like it,but sometimes ,....Last time i saw him was a terrible album. just my opinion.
    but i really like the new album but i think the video is ....low budget.
    who said anything about her not being gorgeous at 77. always thought she was

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    thank you, been a fan since summer of 76 when Love Hangover hit #1.love Diana Ross but, i am not gonna say everything she does is great,mostly i do like it,but sometimes ,....Last time i saw him was a terrible album. just my opinion.
    but i really like the new album but i think the video is ....low budget.
    who said anything about her not being gorgeous at 77. always thought she was
    Even if you thought the song and video utter s—t david, it’s your opinion and you have a right to express it. Don’t ever feel guilty about being honest.
    I’m always defending the ”WO” album, while many others on the forum consider it crap. I have absolutely no problem with that as musical preferences are extremely personal.
    It’s usually insecurity and lack of self esteem that prevents a person from excepting others opinion. It’s all quite sad, while being rather annoying at the same time.

Thanks.
    I like WO lol just not the title cut.
    I like when one producer is used on the entire album. Sounds more uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Thanks.
    I like WO lol just not the title cut.
    I like when one producer is used on the entire album. Sounds more uniform.
    That being one of the reasons i also like the album. Another being there is a fire to her vocals which was absent on so many of those rca recordings. She sounds connected to each song. ‘We Stand Together’.

I Still Believe remains on UK Radio 2 B playlist for the 2nd week.