[REMOVE ADS]

Chris Clark 'Do I Love You' stereo mix.

Where would I find it? All the versions I've checked are mono.
    Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
    I regret I can't; do we know for sure that there is a stereo version?

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
    According to the Don't Forget The Motor City site, there's no stereo version of Chris Clark's "Do I Love You [Indeed I Do]" available at this time.

Although there is more than 1 version/mix and I don't think DFTMC differentiates these.

There are no stereo mixes listed in Motown paperwork of either CC's or FW's versions as far as I can see.

interesting - that Soul Essentials vinyl reissue of the FW version from a few years back certainly sounds like a stereo mix to my ears...

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/fran...yABEgJ6s_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic jacques View Post
    interesting - that Soul Essentials vinyl reissue of the FW version from a few years back certainly sounds like a stereo mix to my ears...

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/fran...yABEgJ6s_D_BwE
    It was stereo and as I recall, it was the first outing of the stereo version for Frank Wilson.

UK Motown manager Gordon Frewin requested the tapes from US Motown back in 1979 to release the Frank Wilson version because the bootleg under the name of Eddie Foster was selling by the cartload. The tapes received from America were definitely stereo. I was there on the day that the mix of TMG1170 was created at Abbey Road Studios with engineer Chris Blair. The 45 version that was subsequently released was in mono. The objective was to create the nearest possible mix to the 1965 version that was originally intended to be released. Unfortunately, the original DM master could not be used because it had a fault.
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 11-12-2021 at 05:19 PM.