[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight’s Son Gets Jail Time

What an abuse of privilege.

Wow, it’s interesting that she had to sue to get him to stop using her name and likeness a few years ago. Isn’t he the kid who is on one of her early Christmas songs and keeps asking for a Mr. Microphone playset? It must have been the Buddha Christmas LP. I remember I hated that song! Unreal!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, it’s interesting that she had to sue to get him to stop using her name and likeness a few years ago. Isn’t he the kid who is on one of her early Christmas songs and keeps asking for a Mr. Microphone playset? It must have been the Buddha Christmas LP. I remember I hated that song! Unreal!
    Yep, that's Shanga.

Yes. It is included on their 1982 Xmas album THAT SPECIAL TIME OF YEAR on Columbia.

@sansradio and Reese,

I remember back in the day I had recorded both of their Christmas albums back to back onto a cassette. I enjoyed listening to them both, except for that one song, which was always subject to fast forward!

@sansradio and Reese,

I remember back in the day I had recorded both of their Christmas albums back to back onto a cassette. I enjoyed listening to them both, except for that one song, which was always subject to fast forward!
    Ha ha!

It took many years before I found the Buddah Xmas album. In fact, it wasn't until a Tower Records location opened locally that I found it. It was a bit syrupy for me. I much prefer the Columbia collection, or at least Side One.

Poor Gladys :[[

Truly sorry to hear that this happened to Gladys Knight's son, however, it's his fault for trying to get around the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Truly sorry to hear that this happened to Gladys Knight's son, however, it's his fault for trying to get around the IRS.
    Agreed; it's so much better to hear good stories of Motowner's children. Don't mess with the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Don't feel too sorry for him. He wasn't cheating the IRS so much as he was cheating his employees. He was pulling out taxes and social security from their paychecks but not turning it over to the IRS so that his employees accounts can be credited. In addition to the social security that he pulled from their checks, he was supposed to match that amount and also send that to the IRS.

I hope the IRS got it straightened out so that Shanga's former employees dont suffer the loss

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Don't feel too sorry for him. He wasn't cheating the IRS so much as he was cheating his employees. He was pulling out taxes and social security from their paychecks but not turning it over to the IRS so that his employees accounts can be credited. In addition to the social security that he pulled from their checks, he was supposed to match that amount and also send that to the IRS.

I hope the IRS got it straightened out so that Shanga's former employees dont suffer the loss
    You're Right about that & I also hope that the IRS can make this right with Shanga's ex-employees.

his mom is shady as well. Her Aretha and Diana fictitious lies and obsessions along with her ability to hide funds during divorce and bankruptcy paint a picture that is compatible with other, unconfirmed stories. I adore her voice, but…….

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    his mom is shady as well. Her Aretha and Diana fictitious lies and obsessions along with her ability to hide funds during divorce and bankruptcy paint a picture that is compatible with other, unconfirmed stories. ….
    interesting …

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    his mom is shady as well. Her Aretha and Diana fictitious lies and obsessions along with her ability to hide funds during divorce and bankruptcy paint a picture that is compatible with other, unconfirmed stories. I adore her voice, but…….
    Gladys comes across as sweet as apple pie but shes fake IMO based on what I saw.