[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross looks to finally perform at Glastonbury as she confirms return to UK

Diana will be performing a string of rearranged dates that leave a telltale gap over the weekend of the Somerset festival, lining her up for an appearance at Worthy Farm.

Diana embarks on her UK Thank You tour at various dates around the country in June 2022 before a few days break in her schedule, which notably leaves her free for the Sunday legends slot.

It is interesting that Diana is not touring in the States this year promoting her new album, but will be touring in UK in 2022.

But it is fair. She has a lot of fans there and has not been there in quite a while. In the states, many of her fans were able to see her in concert almost every year until the pandemic

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-call-25381999

It’s interesting to note that Winnie The Pooh was the inspiration for the new album.
    I wonder if that’s a first?.

if she does appear the album to release would be Diana Ross with The London Philharmonic Orchestra

Florence, i actually heard rumours of such an album . looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Florence, i actually heard rumours of such an album . looking forward to it
    I think Bluebrock mentioned it was in the pipeline

It is official. Diana Ross to play the legends slot at Glastonbury Festival in 2022.

Diana Ross, 77, will perform on the Sunday of the 2022 edition of the event.

She joins previously announced headliner Billie Eilish on the bill for next year's festival.

Ross said: "I’m so excited and grateful to finally know, that I’ll be seeing you at Glastonbury while on my UK Thank U Tour celebrating my new album of songs, Sunday, June 26, 2022."

Glastonbury tweeted: "We are thrilled to announce that @DianaRoss will play the Sunday legends slot on the Pyramid Stage at #Glastonbury2022."

Festival organiser Emily Eavis added: "I’m thrilled to be able to let you know that the magnificent @DianaRoss is coming to play at @glastonbury next summer.

"We were so excited to book such a legend for Glastonbury 2020 and are so happy that she’s the first to re-confirm for next year."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/202...t-glastonbury/

This really is excellent news. Glastonbury being such a a prestige’s, high profile gig is guaranteed to generate mountains of publicity and interest in her. Bodes well for the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    if she does appear the album to release would be Diana Ross with The London Philharmonic Orchestra
    This would be the single greatest thing I could ever imagine.

Maybe an overexaggeration, but it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    This would be the single greatest thing I could ever imagine.

Maybe an overexaggeration, but it would be awesome.
    I'd be OK with an orchestral album from Diana as long as there are new vocals; the dubbed ones [[like Aretha's) are just not my thing. That being said I'd be buying it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    This really is excellent news. Glastonbury being such a a prestige’s, high profile gig is guaranteed to generate mountains of publicity and interest in her.
    And a guaranteed broadcast on BBC, which I'm sure many of us will enjoy watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    And a guaranteed broadcast on BBC, which I'm sure many of us will enjoy watching.
    We most certainly will. I think I might invite a few friends over for a Glastonbury tea party.

is this what Glastonbury typically looks like??

this was an ABBA thing a few days ago.

found Lionel Richie:

Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-15-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Yep - that looks like a typical Glastonbury. The legends slot is usually late afternoon so it is still in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'd be OK with an orchestral album from Diana as long as there are new vocals; the dubbed ones [[like Aretha's) are just not my thing. That being said I'd be buying it anyway!
    I hadn't thought about that actually. I'd be fine with them dubbed… I love Diana in pristine voice.

I think they’ve just dubbed most [[if not all?) of the '[insert name here] with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra' albums?

BBC1 the main TV Station in the UK is televising "Diana Ross At Glastonbury" from 18.45-20.15 next Sunday 26th!

This looks to be a recording as she is scheduled to be on stage from 16.00-17.15 in the afternoon but it will be the full performance.

Hope I've recovered from the O2 on Friday night.

Happy days!

Have a great time Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    BBC1 the main TV Station in the UK is televising "Diana Ross At Glastonbury" from 18.45-20.15 next Sunday 26th!

This looks to be a recording as she is scheduled to be on stage from 16.00-17.15 in the afternoon but it will be the full performance.

Hope I've recovered from the O2 on Friday night.

Happy days!
    Thanks for the info Flo, I wonder if the documentary Diana at the BBC will be screened at some point as well?.

She said at Birmingham that she's bringing over all her 5 children and her 8 grandchildren for Glastonbury.

"I'm Coming Out" is the Number 1 song on 2022 Glastonbury Concert Goers' Playlists.Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    "I'm Coming Out" is the Number 1 song on 2022 Glastonbury Concert Goers' Playlists.Awesome!
    It's a bit of a lesson to the hardcore fans about what the mass public wants.

Hence, I Will Survive stays in.

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    And Upside Down is Number 3!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It's a bit of a lesson to the hardcore fans about what the mass public wants.

Hence, I Will Survive stays in.
    Not really. As of now, the vast majority of peeps who attend her concerts are not what i would call staunch Diana Ross fans. They want to hear something familiar they can sing along with as in the tried and tested hits. I’m sure if she included “Don’t Leave Me This Way”, the vast majority would love it.
    Im really disappointed there aren’t any songs from Lady Sings The Blues. . Surely as one of the highest peaks of her solo career it should be represented by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Not really. As of now, the vast majority of peeps who attend her concerts are not what i would call staunch Diana Ross fans. They want to hear something familiar they can sing along with as in the tried and tested hits. I’m sure if she included “Don’t Leave Me This Way”, the vast majority would love it.
    Im really disappointed there aren’t any songs from Lady Sings The Blues. . Surely as one of the highest peaks of her solo career it should be represented by something.
    Didn't she say a couple of years ago that she didn't want to sing sad songs anymore and only sing songs with positive messages? Granted the lyrical content of many of the Supremes songs in her shows are sad, but the music is upbeat and those songs have so much nostalgia attached to them for the audience that they are for all intents and purposes, "happy" songs.

Each to his/ her own - sorry but for me the segment from Lady was the low point of previous concerts I attended - just don't like that style of music.

I was stunned but delighted to hear her include My World Is Empty Without You at some of her UK dates - although it missed out on the UK charts it is my second fav Supremes, song to You Can't Hurry Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Didn't she say a couple of years ago that she didn't want to sing sad songs anymore and only sing songs with positive messages? Granted the lyrical content of many of the Supremes songs in her shows are sad, but the music is upbeat and those songs have so much nostalgia attached to them for the audience that they are for all intents and purposes, "happy" songs.
    Possibly SL, but not all jazz songs are sad. “Love Is Here To Stay”, What A Little Moonlight Can Do”, “Them Their Eyes” are all upbeat, happy sounding songs. LSTB is probably her finest career achievement. As such, it deserves to represented by at least a single song.
    Lovers of the familiar be dammed lol.

IMO the LSTB songs/segment didn’t really fit during the Central Park concert. Glastonbury is even more of a party atmosphere. So I don’t expect any.

“When I do a quiet song, it’s real important that you can hear me”. She told the audience before launching into the LSTB songs. They were too hype. Lol.
    Last edited by khansperac; 06-23-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    IMO the LSTB songs/segment didn’t really fit during the Central Park concert. Glastonbury is even more of a party atmosphere. So I don’t expect any.

“When I do a quiet song, it’s real important that you can hear me”. She told the audience before launching into the LSTB songs. They were too hype. Lol.
    Glastonbury would certainly be the wrong gig for a LSTB segment. As this is likely to be her last tour of Europe, it would seem appropriate to include something from one of the huge highlights of her career. That way each of her three movies is represented by a song..

She's playing arenas for this UK tour and big outdoor spaces. LTSB songs would not really work in such venues. Best left for more intimate settings.

LTSB bombed in the UK so singing anything from it would be a no-no! She won't of course so no worries there. All she has to do is just be herself, relax, have fun and sing the hits then go home with happy memories. I'll be watching

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    LTSB bombed in the UK so singing anything from it would be a no-no! She won't of course so no worries there. All she has to do is just be herself, relax, have fun and sing the hits then go home with happy memories. I'll be watching
    The film was a massive success in the UK, receiving a hugely enthusiastic response from UK audiences whenever she has performed any of its songs.
    From a personal perspective, i would far sooner hear something from LSTB then say “Ease On Down The Road”. This mainly being that her now lower range really suits those type of songs.
    Such an omission would hardly be enough to stop me from attending her concert. At least I don’t think so.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 06-24-2022 at 04:56 AM.

The BBC has cut back the concert broadcast by 15 minutes - so Diana is sticking strictly to a 1hr15 minute schedule.

My gut feeling is that she's going to do more or less the same set list she did for the concerts which were nearly all hits so a large number of the crowd should know them.

Despite the effots of Easyjet and the railways we got to London on Friday and the concert was brilliant.

I don't think we would ever not have gone but a few years ago when the tickets first came out I sorta thought might it be better to keep all the happy memories of the past concerts instead of maybe being disappointed in what will surely have been her last UK concerts [[although you never know) as she was in her mid-70s.

Thankfully that didn't happen- sure she was a bit flat and strained at times but at 78 overall it was a marvel to behold.

Highlight for me was If We Hold On Together - beautifully sung.

The atmosphere was amazing and what was so fantatstic was that all the venues were practically full so the promoters got it right.

I had been wondering how the sales had gone.

The Friday night set list was apparently identical to the previous night although we got short changed - she omitted The Boss!

Remember Me would have been a great choice for her final song at her last concert.

These concerts have been a major success for Diana although I was disappointed she rarely included Touch Me In The Morning or especially When You Tell Me That You Love Me one of her best known songs in the UK whuch after all was the springboard for her renaissance here in the 1990s.