[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Kenneth and Sansradio, I butt in for a brief moment and will fully accept factual correction. I believe that VOtD was indeed planned as a high-profile but low-budget film. Back to you two and best always -
    Admittedly, I have only seen it on television but to me it has the look and feel of a made for TV movie.

been listening almost non stop , just loving this album.
    some great songs,vocals.;Listening to In Your Heart right now.
    only song this far All is Well is bit syrupy ,like most of the lyrics but the chorus loses me a bit. not a bad song, just ok for me. to me its the weakest song on the album.
    i can see how this may change the Ross set list. hopefully dropping I Will Survive for Thank You.
    maybe this is what Diana needed herself. to have material

Bought my CD in actual record store HMV yesterday. Props to them. I need to hear it several more times but first impressions: thrilling to see new music from DR. Attractive, quality packaging. As Spreadinglove21 says her heartfelt sincerity shines through and Diana is determined to deliver positivity. But I agree with Ollie9 the relentless peace and love can begin to taste of saccharin. But an album she can be proud of that at times had me up and dancing. Impressive too that she wrote so much of it.

I’ve been playing the cd all day in the car and enjoy most of the album. Unfortunately i do think it’s let down by three songs.
    1. “All Is Well” just plods along going nowhere in particular.
    2. “Beautiful Love” contains sickly sweet lyrics with little discernible melody. It’s another plodding number that just goes on and on. I ended pressing the skip button.
    3. “Come Together” is preachy and unremarkable in the extreme.
    I consider “I Love You” And “What About Love” from “ILU” far stronger compositions.
    The rest of the album is rather enjoyable, if not classic. I do rather hanker for the pre-2005 Diana voice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I’ve been playing the cd all day in the car and enjoy most of the album... rather enjoyable, if not classic. I do rather hanker for the pre-2005 Diana voice though.
    I've been playing and enjoying the album often, too. I almost always find my ten favorites on any album make the best listening experience for me and I then always enjoy the album.

I agree about Come Together and All Is Well. At first, I agreed about Beautiful Love but after reading some reviews and perspectives of others, I think of it as a beautiful song specifically from a mother to her children, like One Shining Moment from FBTP.

I've been playing I Love You and Thank You in rotation today. I will always love Diana's classic "pre-2005" voice but I am grateful to have these two 21st century Diana Ross albums. They really are gifts from my eternal diva.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I agree about Come Together and All Is Well. At first, I agreed about Beautiful Love but after reading some reviews and perspectives of others, I think of it as a beautiful song specifically from a mother to her children, like One Shining Moment from FBTP..
    Lyrics describing chasing away boogiemen just don't do it for me lucky, but then i’m not a mother.
    The album is light and bright, if a little ballad heavy. From a personal perspective i don’t consider it a patch on “FBTP”, “Take Me Higher” or “EDIAND”. I also really wish it were less pop and more r&b orientated.
    I really do enjoy the mid to up-temp numbers, but don’t really consider it a classic Diana Ross album of which there are many.
    “Tomorrow” is fast emerging my favourite track. Very energising.

I just love all the dance tracks what a incredible surprise,hopefully they will single out Tomorrow for a Christmas release

The dance tracks are certainly more memorable then most of the ballads.
    “Tomorrow” also seems to be a favourite on many of the online reviews i have read.
    It’s a great song that just compels you to move ya body.
    Ditching the soggy “All Is Well” And Beautiful Love”, and replacing them with a couple more fun, uptempo numbers would have made a huge difference.

I didn't care much for All is Well initially. Didn't sound that great coming out of computer speakers. But on the CD on a proper sound system, I've come to like it very much. Comes at the right time on the album after two upbeat numbers. It's very soothing. May not be hit single material, but on album like Thank You and what it's setting out to say, All is Well works for me.

The problem for me being there are just to many songs similar to “All Is Well” featured on the album. That theme being so relentless, it just becomes tiresome.
    I doubt I will ever play Beautiful Love” or “All Is Well” ever again. I would sooner listen to “We Are The Children” which is really saying something lol. The uptempo numbers are great.
    Different strokes for different folks.

The last few weeks' have been really quite interesting, seeing the huge promotional campaign for this new release, and added to this, the record label has been selling the CD for £5.99 - to really boosting the sales.

It's "sponsored" on Amazon too - so it appears regularly to remind those who haven't bought it to buy it.

I was tempted to buy it, but now that I've heard all the tracks, I really don't think I'd play it, so I will let others buy it who will appreciate this release.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    I just love all the dance tracks what a incredible surprise,hopefully they will single out Tomorrow for a Christmas release
    So, AY, where do you place TY in your own, personal listing of Diana lps? For me it has become a surprising high-ranker. I'm spinning the entire lp at least once daily and picking tracks here-and-there as well. Diana sounds like DIANA, the arrangements are good, and I'm loving the songs, dance as well as ballad-inspirational. A great time to be a Diana Ross fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The problem for me being there are just to many songs similar to “All Is Well” featured on the album. That theme being so relentless, it just becomes tiresome.
    I doubt I will ever play Beautiful Love” or “All Is Well” ever again. I would sooner listen to “We Are The Children” which is really saying something lol. The uptempo numbers are great.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Hopefully the Diana Ross is perfect fans all now have you on block as they won't like what you have to say about All Is Well and Beautiful Love!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    So, AY, where do you place TY in your own, personal listing of Diana lps? For me it has become a surprising high-ranker. I'm spinning the entire lp at least once daily and picking tracks here-and-there as well. Diana sounds like DIANA, the arrangements are good, and I'm loving the songs, dance as well as ballad-inspirational. A great time to be a Diana Ross fan!
    I love all her albums this one is more loving because many thought I love you was her last album , did she ever prove them wrong , now I can sit back and listen to this masterpiece any time I like , having some wine , in the car . On the Dance floor I love love it , they say she recorded multiple albums so who knows ,In the meantime TY shines

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Hopefully the Diana Ross is perfect fans all now have you on block as they won't like what you have to say about All Is Well and Beautiful Love!
    That’s generous of you.

I love all her albums this one is more loving because many thought I love you was her last album , did she ever prove them wrong , now I can sit back and listen to this masterpiece any time I like , having some wine , in the car . On the Dance floor I love love it , they say she recorded multiple albums so who knows ,In the meantime TY shines
    Ha! I could have written your post myself, AY, my reaction to TY is so similar. Right now the lp scores very high on my list of Diana favorite/best lps; it's just a great listen all the way through and each track has a 'surprise', be it an instrumental solo, subtle hook or melisma from our lady. Glad you, as a superfan, are loving it!

Your thoughts struck a chord , because indeed what a treat to have a new album from Diana Ross after such a long wait, it probably seemed so unlikely to ever happen especially as the years continued to pass. And finally, now here it is!!

I'm picturing you sipping your wine and enjoying the experience to the max, as this long awaited dream comes true, and it makes me smile.

I'm enjoying it too. As in many reviews, it gives a glance in the wholesome career, from up tempo, Motown reminding songs, a touch of jazz and neo R&B and of course the ballads. If this would be the final album, it's a great gift.

Rumor has is, Ms Ross has a 2 album deal with Decca. So, if sales are disappointing I guess we get the 1986 album with Harold Arlen songs. If not...let's hope the push helps in end of year sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Your thoughts struck a chord , because indeed what a treat to have a new album from Diana Ross after such a long wait, it probably seemed so unlikely to ever happen especially as the years continued to pass. And finally, now here it is!!

I'm picturing you sipping your wine and enjoying the experience to the max, as this long awaited dream comes true, and it makes me smile.
    The dream has arrived ,thank you for the above comments we’re gonna love us some Diana Ross And to all the naysayers out there for years that she would never record again but here you go it’s all for you it’s all for us love this album

Curious as to what the liner notes say in this CD?? Is there a way/place to read them?

....found 'em !