[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Sault!!!!!!!!

Sault!!!!!!!!

I have not seen any postings or threads concerning the group Sault which leads me to believe they are flying under the radar. However y'all need to be hip to them. If you like substantive, creative, musical, topical, well produced black music, then do yourself a favor and check them out. They are a somewhat mysterious collective from the UK who in the last three years have released 5 immaculate lps [[ 5, 7, Untitled [[rise), Untitled [[black is...), and 9 which is "disappeared" after 99 days in limited release) that contain the finest of modern soul, funk, disco, mixed with smatterings of dub, samba and afrobeats. Informing the music is a powerful black consciousness that harkens back to the black power era but updated to speak to modern concerns [["as much as things change, they stay the same"). Their catalog gets better and better the more I listen. I have to admit of all of the music coming out today, I am most excited by this collective. I love to hear if anyone else is feeling them...

Sault has a nice sound. Smooth, fresh, no doubt, remind me of someone else who's
    name escapes me right now. British too, I think. I can tell you are very excited about
    them, I guess I probably would be too first encountering their sound. I will try to learn a
    little more about the guy who created it, he seems to be the main musician besides
    the young women he has adding the vocals. It's kind of funny how common the term
    "afrobeats" has come to suggest "Afrobeat" though they are not exactly the same thing.
    Everytime I hear someone use it I wonder if they know who Fela Kuti was. Anyway, thanks for the posting...