[REMOVE ADS]

1975 Supremes Interview in The Advocate

Thought this might be of interest here. A feature interview with The Supremes [[Mary, Cindy & Scherrie) from the August 13, 1975 issue of The Advocate. "He's My Man" was out at the time and making waves in the discos. Found this some years ago while poking around in the archives, finally posted and transcribed it earlier this year after Mary's passing.

http://discodelivery.blogspot.com/20...-supremes.html

The Supremes were also mentioned earlier in the issue, in their intro to their Discos feature, which I'd also posted and transcribed.

http://discodelivery.blogspot.com/20...p-thrills.html
    Last edited by telekin; 10-31-2021 at 02:18 PM.

What a great article and interview! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it and to transcribe it especially. It made it so easy to read. It’s so interesting to read these comments which were so much closer in time to the events we all still talk about here on the forum.

Like you my favorite lineup was the last one and my favorite albums were the three last albums after Sherrie Payne joined the group. Regardless of their lack of great success during those days, I have always felt that the albums were the most cohesive and held up the best over the years. I still love to listen to the last three albums especially “High Energy“ which is my very favorite. As far as their foray into the disco world, I believe their albums hold up much much better than many other disco groups from the time who may have been more popular, such as Donna Summer. Although I love her albums “Once Upon a Time“ and “Bad Girls“, I think her earlier efforts are too much a product of their time and honestly I never play them at all.

Thank you again so much. What a great find!

Thanks for the transcript!

I’ve never seen this before so thanks for posting. Candid interview.