[REMOVE ADS]

Step Inside The Temptations’ Otis Williams Home In Exclusive ‘Digs’ Tour

To celebrate his 80th birthday, Otis Williams of The Temptations filmed a special episode of Digs, a home-tour style show inspired by MTV’s Cribs.
    The beautiful home is filled with color, style, honors, and of course, platinum records. Williams refers to his home as “The Summit,” and proves himself to be a gracious host as he tours us around his stunning domicile.

During the tour, he shows plenty of memorabilia, including a staggering five GRAMMY Awards. “There are so many, I can’t even begin to name them all, he says with a laugh.”

To celebrate his 80th birthday, Otis Williams of The Temptations filmed a special episode of Digs, a home-tour style show inspired by MTV’s Cribs.
    The beautiful home is filled with color, style, honors, and of course, platinum records. Williams refers to his home as “The Summit,” and proves himself to be a gracious host as he tours us around his stunning domicile.

Otis, who turns 80 today [[October 30), is in the midst of celebrating 60 years of The Temptations. The 60th Anniversary campaign will run until June 2022, and will feature national and international concert tours by the modern-day Temptations line-up, as ever featuring surviving co-founder Otis Williams. Plans also include an upcoming anniversary album and a variety of other celebratory events. October 16 marked the reopening of the Broadway musical, Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations.
    Williams also helped prep Emperors of Soul: The Rarities, a collection of 26 rare cuts The Temptations released throughout the CD era, many of them on the 1994 box set named for them, Emperors of Soul. These hard-to-find tracks from their classic era have made their debut on all digital platforms.

Says Williams, reflecting on the events: “I’ve been blessed to take this journey with Shelly Berger, my manager, and dear brother, and with all my brothers – the Temptations. Now, to be the last one standing from the classic lineups can be hard sometimes, but I know God left me here for a reason, and that was to continue to share with new generations of fans, the great music that we started back in that two-story house in Detroit, known as Hitsville USA.

“Music is a universal language,” he continues, “and I know our music throughout the years has brought people joy, comfort, and sometimes even hope. I truly hope that was our greater purpose on earth. Some of the greatest moments in my life have been watching countless fans, from different walks of life worldwide, come together around any one of our songs.

“Reaching this milestone in my career hasn’t always been easy but it’s gratifying to know that our fans have always been there, every step of the way. I am truly grateful to each and every one of them. We plan to go back on tour later this summer and, me and my brothers, Ron Tyson and Terry Weeks, Temptations for the past 38 years and 24 years respectively, along with Willie Greene, Jr., and Mario Corbino look forward to sharing this special anniversary with all of you.

Check out Otis Williams "Digs" here:
    https://youtu.be/Bm2nuJvL72k

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 10-31-2021 at 05:58 AM.

This was very nice. Thanks for posting.

Odis seems great.

the depth of the house ‘tour’ is lacking. Kitchen? Garden ? Bedrooms? Garage? views? Like that he has a pool table , that strikes me as very Temptations.

I like this but I'd be interested in reading the telegrams.

Hey, guys, more 60th anniversary news for the Temps: there's a free virtual interview w/ Otis at City College Center NYC, tonight @7:30 pm. Free w/RSVP thru link to website www.citycollegecenterforthearts.org. [[sorry me not know how to post links!]]

I guess somebody's coming to see you after all, Otis!' ����