[REMOVE ADS]

For you bass playerr/Jamerson fans

I was just browsing through Amazon in search of good books about jazz theory and this title popped up:
    "How to Play Bass- Learning from James Jamerson Vol 1: an 80-20 Device Method for Bass Guitar"

Looks like it's rather recent ... well, at least the paperback came out in August.

I am not an agent for the author, Paul Wolfe, and I am just putting this out there for those who are interested in checking it out.

Oh, I tried the edit feature and could not edit my thread title.....playerr should be players
    Last edited by jobucats; 11-01-2021 at 11:59 AM.

There is another Full size book "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown The Life & Music Of The Legend Bassist James Jameson" with Music Sheets and loads of comments from many other musicians and artists he worked with. Think it is still in print and/or easy to find.

ISBN 978-0-88188-882-9

Attachment 19419

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    There is another Full size book "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown The Life & Music Of The Legend Bassist James Jameson" with Music Sheets and loads of comments from many other musicians and artists he worked with. Think it is still in print and/or easy to find.

ISBN 978-0-88188-882-9

Attachment 19419
    Graham Jarvis, I am fortunate to have acquired a copy of "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" when it was released. It came with 2 cds which featured many popular bass plays reflecting on Jamerson's influence on their lives. It also featured these artists playing Jamerson's bass lines to an accompany instrumental. It was recorded so you could hear the bass on one channel and the rest of the instrumental on the other channel. Each of these artists were quick to say that they were 'attempting' to play Jamerson's bass lines. Very good book!!!

Yes I also have the CD's, they did same with Donald "Duck" Dunn from Stax, another good book.