[REMOVE ADS]

Susaye Greene CD Question

As some of you know, I am selling some items these days as a retirement hobby on Discogs. I have now come across Susaye's CD No Fear Here in my inventory.

When I read the descriptions of this CD on Discogs and also other sites, it is listed as being only a 12-track single CD. However my copy contains a second bonus disc with an extra mix of the song Bewitched. Do I have anything "special" or did all copies come with this bonus disc?

My copy only has the 12 tracks. No extra bonus disc. The one perk though is that it's
    autographed by Susaye. I'd say yours is special.

Only 12 tracks here as well. You do have something special.

Something special for a special person.

Could I make enough money on it to move to Florida?????

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Could I make enough money on it to move to Florida?????
    Not if "special" = "bootleg". That might get you kicked off of Discogs, tho!

Oh I don't have any reason to suspect it is a bootleg. There is far too much similarity in terms of the artwork, catalog number, etc. For those of you that have the single CD, you can remember the elaborate and very creative insert booklet and it has that too.

For clarification purposes, the extra CD says Limited Edition Disc and says it is by Susaye Greene and Schism, which I take to be her back-up band. The second CD only includes the one track, which officially is titled Bewitched [[the Obsession Mix.) Also on the front of the CD case, it says 2 CD in the upper left corner just to the left of her name. Trust me it is very professional looking.

In the event that I list it for sale on Discogs, I will fully disclose this same information and take additional photos if still needed. Believe me, those folks on there don't miss a thing, so if there is anything suspicious about this release, they will know it.

I have been told that we have a Susaye expert on here so I am hoping he can shed some light on this situation. Thanks for all input thus far, encouraging and otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Oh I don't have any reason to suspect it is a bootleg. There is far too much similarity in terms of the artwork, catalog number, etc. For those of you that have the single CD, you can remember the elaborate and very creative insert booklet and it has that too.

For clarification purposes, the extra CD says Limited Edition Disc and says it is by Susaye Greene and Schism, which I take to be her back-up band. The second CD only includes the one track, which officially is titled Bewitched [[the Obsession Mix.) Also on the front of the CD case, it says 2 CD in the upper left corner just to the left of her name. Trust me it is very professional looking.

In the event that I list it for sale on Discogs, I will fully disclose this same information and take additional photos if still needed. Believe me, those folks on there don't miss a thing, so if there is anything suspicious about this release, they will know it.

I have been told that we have a Susaye expert on here so I am hoping he can shed some light on this situation. Thanks for all input thus far, encouraging and otherwise.
    Susaye herself is a member here and pops in from time to time. Hopefully, she'll see this and shed some light for you.

johnnyraven was an expert at all things Susaye, and years ago he gave me a copy of the "No Fear Here" CD [[which did not include a bonus single). I believe he was involved with the production and merchandising of this album, and he would definitely know, but I haven't seen him here on the forum for some time. Hopefully, he's doing well and has just been busy with other things.

It's an official release from Dollface Records, I have it too. There was also a VCD of the single "Bewitched [[By Your Love)" which I have. Neither are on discogs.
    Last edited by markdtiller; 10-31-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks for sharing!!! You are the first to mention also having this.

Can't remember where I bought it. Susaye had a website SupremeXtreme, so it was likely from there.

There is a LOT that is not on Discogs, btw. I wouldn’t take that to mean much other than no one has yet created an entry yet. I collect hot jazz 78s from the 20s and 30s and more often than not they’re not on Discogs.

I don't consider my collection to be that unusual or rare but I find myself adding something new to Discogs an average of once or twice a week.